Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Unsanity - Everything Goes  (Read 34993 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unsanity - Everything Goes
« on: March 14, 2017, 04:53:52 pm »

UNSANITY: Everything Goes!

You wake up in your house. For some of you, this is the second time you've awoken today. Phew, that dream was getting awful weird. As if anything could go like that in reality.

Odd dreams aside, you take a look around outside at the peaceful place that is Dodeca City. As you do, you notice something. You have some new neighbors, and they're waking up too!

You should probably go out and meet them, make some coffee, chat about life. Let's just hope things don't get too crazy...This feels oddly familiar though...

Rules

There are limits. But for the most part you can do whatever you like. Try not to make too much work for me eh?

Rolls
All actions are determined with a d10, through random.org or whatever method currently suits me. Modifiers will be added based on your current state.

You can over-do it, causing things to backfire. For example, getting a 10 with a +3 strength modifier while trying to pet a fluffy kitten will end up exactly the way you think. (Unless you think it'll be petted softly and gently.)

Spoiler: Roll meanings (click to show/hide)

Sign-Up Sheet

You can sign up at any time you want. Unless I close signups for some reason, but I'd put that in the title if I did, so go ahead.

Name:
What are you?:
Appearance:
Personality:
List three of your favorite things:
Inventory: (Keep it simple, you'll get more later on. Your other stuff will probably be in your house, within reason.)
What? What is this?: 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:25:42 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Unsanity - Everything Goes: Signups Open
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:10:20 pm »

Thanks for running this.

Name:Sastrei.
What are you?:A Carnotaurus.
Appearance:A medium-sized carnivorous dinosaur with horns.
Personality:Saurian.
List three of your favorite things:Eating, surviving, roaring.
Inventory:A lair in the back of an old Blockbuster store. Nobody has looked in there for a while, you see.
What? What is this?:Raargh.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:13:35 pm »

Name: Zoh Roark
What are you: Human, though they may change.
Age: Yes, he does age. A tad bit faster than average, though.
Appearance: Short sleeved white shirt, slightly worn jeans, short white hair, red eyes.
Inventory: Clothes, iPhone, pencil, notebook  (don't ask).
Personality: Calm and logical, but not in the sane way. He know's the world's insane, and that he isn't, so he tries his best to retain a modicum of composure in whatever happens. Might change.
List three of your favorite things: Magic, logic, transformation.
What is this? Either 54 or Yang-Ying.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 05:15:02 pm »

Name: Victor Nix
What are you?: Cyborg
Appearance: A completely metal outer body, shaped to look like a 1950's traveling salesman. The internal structure is organic, and one can very clearly tell the eyes are still human. ( http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/10/article-0-1289AEFF000005DC-357_233x373.jpg , but metal)
Personality: A very sad and dour man, Victor's voice box unfortunately makes everything he says sound cheerful and upbeat, making him sound very happy if you weren't actually paying attention to the things he's saying. Half the time though, Victor is very manic when he finds things he's interested in, usually to other people's detriment.
List three of your favorite things: Mad science, walking, pessimism
Inventory: Pocket watch, Belt, Hat.
What? What is this?: Howdy friend! Isn't this the most miserable and pointless day? Just look at that sun!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:23:22 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:30:50 pm »

Name: AAAAAAAAAAA
What are you?: An ethereal humanoid made out of hazy 'A's
Appearance: Made of AAAAAAA. Looks like AAAAAA.
Personality: AAAAAAA? (What's a personality?)
List three of your favorite things: the alphabet, screaming incomprehensibly, divining my future by clipping my fingernails
Inventory: three wooden blocks with 'A' embossed on them. One block has a green A, one has a red A and the other has a blue A.
What? What is this?:  AAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAA. (A forum game, of course! Whoops, I broke the fourth wall.)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 05:33:15 pm »

Name: King Harlaus
What are you?: A Swadian knight!
Appearance: a weathered old man who has since retired from questing for the crown of his land. His blonde hair is graying out.
Personality: Harlaus is a bit etcentric, inviting practically everyone he meets to feasts filled with almost nothing except butter. Other than that, he is much like any other gentleman.
List three of your favorite things: Swordfighting, helping peasants other folk, Feasting
Inventory: Hand and a half sword, chain mail armor.
What? What is this?: A manhunter! I'm gonna break yer legs, noice an slar.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 05:53:47 pm »

Name:PSYCH-BOT-420
What are you?: Got you fam. Humanoid robotic android
Age:It has been two years since my construction pathetic human
Appearance: A robotic android with a deployable mini gun attached to my arm. Has a white paint with surrounding and scattered brain symbols on the robotic body.
Personality: Protocols states that I'm an robotic psychologist for humans trying to save them from their mental problems by any means necessary
List three of your favorite things: Murdering, Reverse-Psychology, Intimidation
Inventory: Deployable Minigun Arm (ATTACHED), Authorized Phd Card
What? What is this?: Protocol Engaged; Save Humans from mental disabilities; Restrictions: NONE

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unsanity - Everything Goes: Waking Up
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »

Dodeca City: 7:00am

Name:Sastrei.
What are you?:A Carnotaurus.
Appearance:A medium-sized carnivorous dinosaur with horns.
Personality:Saurian.
List three of your favorite things:Eating, surviving, roaring.
Inventory:A lair in the back of an old Blockbuster store. Nobody has looked in there for a while, you see.
What? What is this?:Raargh.

Against my better judgement, you are accepted. As you awake from your slumber, your tail brushes against a pile of old vhs tapes, knocking them down. Not that you know what they are, other than that they make good nest material. The sun's light slowly begins to brighten the store, filtered through the mothballed and dusty windows.

Your main exit and entrance to this place is a rusty garage door that you've learned how to lift. It hides you quite well, if you care about that sort of thing. You could probably break it down, but that would make it difficult to sleep here due to the light.

Nearby are a couple of slowly rotting deer carcasses that still have some meat left on them. What will you do?

Name: Zoh Roark
What are you: Human, though they may change.
Age: Yes, he does age. A tad bit faster than average, though.
Appearance: Short sleeved white shirt, slightly worn jeans, short white hair, red eyes.
Inventory: Clothes, iPhone, pencil, notebook  (don't ask).
Personality: Calm and logical, but not in the sane way. He know's the world's insane, and that he isn't, so he tries his best to retain a modicum of composure in whatever happens. Might change.
List three of your favorite things: Magic, logic, transformation.
What is this? Either 54 or Yang-Ying.

You wake up in your room, surrounded by a few posters and a bunch of books on magic, the divine, and all that.

Looking out the window, you see some other neighbors. Perhaps you should go meet them.

Name: Victor Nix
What are you?: Cyborg
Appearance: A completely metal outer body, shaped to look like a 1950's traveling salesman. The internal structure is organic, and one can very clearly tell the eyes are still human. ( http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/10/article-0-1289AEFF000005DC-357_233x373.jpg , but metal)
Personality: A very sad and dour man, Victor's voice box unfortunately makes everything he says sound cheerful and upbeat, making him sound very happy if you weren't actually paying attention to the things he's saying. Half the time though, Victor is very manic when he finds things he's interested in, usually to other people's detriment.
List three of your favorite things: Mad science, walking, pessimism
Inventory: Pocket watch, Belt, Hat.
What? What is this?: Howdy friend! Isn't this the most miserable and pointless day? Just look at that sun!

You sit up from your recharging station, taking a moment to look around at your room. There are various scientific implements and books here. There's so many you aren't quite sure you remember what most of them are for. Sitting by the door are a variety of good boots and shoes that were certainly made for walking.

Just what you needed, MORE neighbors. As if this place wasn't crowded enough. What will you do?

Name: AAAAAAAAAAA
What are you?: An ethereal humanoid made out of hazy 'A's
Appearance: Made of AAAAAAA. Looks like AAAAAA.
Personality: AAAAAAA? (What's a personality?)
List three of your favorite things: the alphabet, screaming incomprehensibly, divining my future by clipping my fingernails
Inventory: three wooden blocks with 'A' embossed on them. One block has a green A, one has a red A and the other has a blue A.
What? What is this?:  AAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAA. (A forum game, of course! Whoops, I broke the fourth wall.)

Why must you do this to me? Accepted. Screamingly incessently, you wake up inside your house on A Street. Your house is number A. Yeah, A street uses hexadecimal numbering for some reason. What will you do?

Name: King Harlaus
What are you?: A Swadian knight!
Appearance: a weathered old man who has since retired from questing for the crown of his land. His blonde hair is graying out.
Personality: Harlaus is a bit etcentric, inviting practically everyone he meets to feasts filled with almost nothing except butter. Other than that, he is much like any other gentleman.
List three of your favorite things: Swordfighting, helping peasants other folk, Feasting
Inventory: Hand and a half sword, chain mail armor.
What? What is this?: A manhunter! I'm gonna break yer legs, noice an slar.

You awake in your manor, such a house befitting one of your knightly status. As you consider preparing a breakfast feast, you note that your fridge is filled entirely with the finest butter! Excellent! But wait what's this? Staring at you from the top shelf is a tin of "I can't believe its not Butter!"  Some fool must have slipped it into your shopping cart while you weren't looking, because there's no way you'd purchase such a thing! The scoundrel! You ready your finest weapons and armor, and head outside atop your loyal steed! Oh? New neighbors?

Maybe it'd be a good idea to have a chat. What will you do? (Sorry if I took too many liberties here. The idea just sort of bit me and wouldn't let go.)

Name:PSYCH-BOT-420
What are you?: Got you fam. Humanoid robotic android
Age:It has been two years since my construction pathetic human
Appearance: A robotic android with a deployable mini gun attached to my arm. Has a white paint with surrounding and scattered brain symbols on the robotic body.
Personality: Protocols states that I'm an robotic psychologist for humans trying to save them from their mental problems by any means necessary
List three of your favorite things: Murdering, Reverse-Psychology, Intimidation
Inventory: Deployable Minigun Arm (ATTACHED), Authorized Phd Card
What? What is this?: Protocol Engaged; Save Humans from mental disabilities; Restrictions: NONE

After a length recharge session, you stand at ready inside your house.For a moment, you admire your extensive collection of psychology literature. Fascinating. But this is no time to stand idle. Apparently you have new neighbors! You know what that means, mission wise. What will you do?

I worry about this city. I really do. Betting pool is now open as to how long before total chaos erupts.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:07:16 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 06:17:56 pm »

RECHARGING HAS FINISHED, NOW MUST ADMINISTER NEW PROTOCOL, PROTOCOL: PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSENSUS IDENTIFICATION, ACTIVATED
Head out the door and find the nearest living and moving human; analyze human body movements, breath control by analyzing CO2 emissions of mg per second from the stated human's mouth, and of course heart rate. Do this forcibly if stated target resists 

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 06:34:50 pm »

Brew an elixir for transforming people into (PM'd)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 06:37:25 pm »

Name: Frank
Species: Synthetic Hominid Emulating human Behavior. (SHEB Unit)
Appearance: A grumpy looking man.
Inventory: An unlabeled book.
Personality: Constantly angry.
List three of your favorite things: Yelling at kids, recalling the good old days, and chameleons.
What is this?: That's the question, isn't it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:33 pm »

Re: (Open) Insanity - Anything Goes - Part 1: New Neighbors

(lets stop lurking )
name:Ketzal
what you are: alien unknow species
appearence:http://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/alienphotograph6.jpg    ,has pointed ears and glowing eyes not seen on the picture
inventory:mark 2 anomaly detector(the thing hes holding),small flying saucer(can have a crew of two)and has a symbol shaped like a circle with an lighting bolt
personality: i love science!
list three of your favorite things:ancient thecnology, anomalys,cool science thingamagigs
whats 6*9?: who cares about human mathematics?
(i based all this on this:http://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/the-perpendicular-prowler/ go figure)
Modify message
Report t

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »

"Neighbours? I absolutely despise neighbours! Oh well, at least now I get the chance to get some new DNA samples."

Take syringe and plenty of flasks and go to my nearest organic neighbour's house. Knock on door.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:06 pm »

throw out the not-butter, and hold a lawn-feast to welcome the new neighbors before I conquer them! Be sure to bring steak, fruit, cabbage, and of course butter!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:15 pm »

After having a bit of putrid deer for breakfast, sneak out of the Blockbuster and look for water.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19