Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Unsanity - Everything Goes  (Read 35007 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unsanity - Everything Goes: Waking Up - The Wakening
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »

Name: Frank
Species: Synthetic Hominid Emulating human Behavior. (SHEB Unit)
Appearance: A grumpy looking man.
Inventory: An unlabeled book.
Personality: Constantly angry.
List three of your favorite things: Yelling at kids, recalling the good old days, and chameleons.
What is this?: That's the question, isn't it?
Accepted.

You angrily wake up. Them darn whippersnappers better not ruin another day for you. You're not sure how, but clearly the youngsters are at fault for that weird dream!

You climb out of bed, and stare out the window.

Just what you need, more neighbors! They'll probably be playing that loud awful new music all hours into the night. That'd probably do it, wouldn't it? Maybe that's why you couldn't sleep right! Better go tell them what's what! What will you do?

Name:Ketzal
Appearence: Has pointed ears and glowing eyes not seen on the picture.
Inventory: Mark 2 anomaly detector(the thing he's holding), Small flying saucer(can have a crew of two)and has a symbol shaped like a circle with an lighting bolt
Personality: I love science!
List three of your favorite things: Ancient technology, anomalies, cool science thingamagigs
whats 6*9?: who cares about human mathematics?

I changed the last question and you didn't notice, but whatever. I'll accept it anyway. Just this once though! You wake up in your house. What will you do?

This is just a small update to add a couple people in. It is still 7 am in game. Your first proper actions will come later, when more people actually have them ready. In the future, feel free to submit an action along with your sheet. I probably should have said this earlier in retrospect.

I actually kind of have to sleep soon, so it was probably a bad idea to start this now. My impulses are not great. But hey, that means no one gets left behind on turn 1 right? Right? Eh.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »

Frank glared at his front door. It was in his way. He kicked it down, then proceeded to peer outside.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 07:24:09 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAA?!?!? AAAAA? AAAAAA?  AAAAA!"

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

Clip my fingernAAAAAAils and divine the future with them

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »

Name: Dr. P. Pottington
What are you?: A potted plant
Appearance: A potted plant with a set of arms and legs growing out of its body. A monocle and a top hat are attached to the pot.
Personality: Dr. Pottington is convinced he is actually an 19th century British explorer.
List three of your favorite things: Discovering priceless treasures, the Queen, and colonizing the natives
Inventory: An empty tea cup and a cigar
What? What is this?:  A place for us to open up to each other and talk about the problems in our lives. You can go first.

Search for nearby artifacts in need of being stolen rescued.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:31:37 pm by Ama »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 01:37:32 am »

Name: Mathel Ironfish
What are you:  Dwarf
Appearance: Stout and short. Has brown hair.
Personality:  Likes to carve stone and count gold
List of 3 favorite things: Iron, Gold, Fish
Inventory: Bear leather trousers with pockets               lower body
                   Bear leather shirt with pockets                     upper body
                   2 wool socks                                                    feet
                   2 Leather sandals                                            feet
                   Cooked fish                                                       bear leather trousers
What? What is this?: I know not what you are pointing at.

Greet neighbours by showing them my cooked fish.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:44:35 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unsanity - Everything Goes: Turn 1
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 02:35:52 am »

Dodeca City. 7:15 am.

RECHARGING HAS FINISHED, NOW MUST ADMINISTER NEW PROTOCOL, PROTOCOL: PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSENSUS IDENTIFICATION, ACTIVATED
Head out the door and find the nearest living and moving human; analyze human body movements, breath control by analyzing CO2 emissions of mg per second from the stated human's mouth, and of course heart rate. Do this forcibly if stated target resists.

[6 vs 10] You make your way outside, and grab the nearest civilian, who happens to be watering his lawn. You start analyzing these things, but clearly they aren't too pleased by the situation. They break out of the hold.

"What the hell man?"

Brew an elixir for transforming people into (PM'd)

[8] The elixer turns out pretty well! You think so anyway. Hm? Sounds like someone is knocking on your door.

"Neighbours? I absolutely despise neighbours! Oh well, at least now I get the chance to get some new DNA samples."

Take syringe and plenty of flasks and go to my nearest organic neighbour's house. Knock on door.

[6] You grab yourself some tools, and go knock on someone's door.

throw out the not-butter, and hold a lawn-feast to welcome the new neighbors before I conquer them! Be sure to bring steak, fruit, cabbage, and of course butter!

[10] You head back inside, and dump the not-butter in the bin. Then, you start cooking the greatest feast you can imagine! Butter has never looked so good. Then again, all this food also looks like it came from the heart attack grill... In any event, you set up your feast on your front lawn, and sure enough someone comes, bringing a cooked fish with them. A few of the local civilians seem interested in the feast too. Invite them?

After having a bit of putrid deer for breakfast, sneak out of the Blockbuster and look for water.

[10] After finishing off one of the deer, you start looking for water. Oh hey, there's a whole bunch just shooting into the air over there! You take a running leap into the fountain, startling several passersby, and smashing the structure wide open on impact. Water spills into the street as you slake your thirst. Ahh, that's the stuff. Looks like those things you passed are making an awful lot of noise though.

Frank glared at his front door. It was in his way. He kicked it down, then proceeded to peer outside.

[3] You kick your door, but it only budges a little. You open it the rest of the way by hand. Looks like there's a door to door salesman knocking on the house across the street.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAA?!?!? AAAAA? AAAAAA?  AAAAA!"

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

Clip my fingernAAAAAAils and divine the future with them.

[4] You clip your fingernails a bit.

[1] You feel an extreme sense of foreboding. That can't be good.

Name: Dr. P. Pottington
What are you?: A potted plant
Appearance: A potted plant with a set of arms and legs growing out of its body. A monocle and a top hat are attached to the pot.
Personality: Dr. Pottington is convinced he is actually an 19th century British explorer.
List three of your favorite things: Discovering priceless treasures, the Queen, and colonizing the natives
Inventory: An empty tea cup and a cigar
What? What is this?:  A place for us to open up to each other and talk about the problems in our lives. You can go first.

Search for nearby artifacts in need of being stolen rescued.

[7] You awake in your house. In your room is a fine portrait of her royal highness Queen Victoria. You walk around your house a bit, examining your treasures. Today seems a good day to expand your collection. Maybe your new neighbors have something interesting. One man's trash, and all that.

Name: Mathel Ironfish
What are you:  Dwarf
Appearance: Stout and short. Has brown hair.
Personality:  Likes to carve stone and count gold
List of 3 favorite things: Iron, Gold, Fish
Inventory: Bear leather trousers with pockets               lower body
                   Bear leather shirt with pockets                     upper body
                   2 wool socks                                                    feet
                   2 Leather sandals                                            feet
                   Cooked fish                                                       bear leather trousers
What? What is this?: I know not what you are pointing at.

Greet neighbours by showing them my cooked fish.

[4] You awake in your house, it being dug deep into a hill. You don't need the light of the sun to know it is morning. Scattered about your house are some bits if stone and gold you've been meaning to carve. Hmm. This fish you cooked is pretty impressive though. You decide to head out and show your neighbors your masterpiece! After a bit of walking you find what looks to be a human knight, with a feast set up on his front lawn. You make to join him, brandishing your fish in lieu of greeting.

Fountain NPCs: [9] They all flee to safety, or at least relative safety, and start dialing their phones. Some to the police, some to animal control, even one or two to the local construction companies that build this sort of thing. A few genre savvy people start looking up what the hell that is, and making calls to paleontology experts. Very few stop to take pictures, but the ones that do take good ones, even a video or two. The local news picks up on this story pretty quickly. It might be covered on TV soon...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:54:35 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 04:00:22 am »

host tournaments to see which peasants I invite to the feast. Conscript the losers and lead them to battle with the carnotaurus (provided I learn about it's sudden arrival on the news)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 04:02:35 am »

Oh, I see you are having a picnic. Mind if I show you how to cook fish?

Quickly run home and find some uncooked fish and stuff them in pockets, then return, just in time for said tournamets.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 04:17:37 am »

Oh, I see you are having a picnic. Mind if I show you how to cook fish?

Quickly run home and find some uncooked fish and stuff them in pockets, then return, just in time for said tournamets.
"by all means, but it's a feast. Not a picnic."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 06:25:21 am »

Put some potion into an empty spray bottle, then spray my visitor through the keyhole.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 08:49:39 am »

Frank storms across the street and slams his fist into the jaw of the "Door-to-Door Salesman".

"At an hour such as this?! Monster!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:37 am »

"I say! This looks like a time for adventure."

Dr. Pottington will through himself out of a nearby window and go search the neighbor's trash cans for treasure.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 09:35:16 am »

Sniff out the King's feast, and wander over to try some. If I have to, roar to scare off tiny attackers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:12:43 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 12:27:01 pm »

Kick open the door and acquire some fresh blood samples from my new neighbour.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unsanity - Everything Goes: Turn 2
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »

If you miss a turn, don't worry too much. As an aside, these time increments are rather rough. Don't worry too much about how much time passes between turns.

7:20 am? Something like that.

Put some potion into an empty spray bottle, then spray my visitor through the keyhole.
Kick open the door and acquire some fresh blood samples from my new neighbour.
Frank storms across the street and slams his fist into the jaw of the "Door-to-Door Salesman".

Init rolls in order: 3, 5, 9.

[5 vs 5]

Frank sees Victor about to try and kick down the door, and throws a fierce right hook, but Victor dodges!

[3] Victor starts trying to kick down the door! It budges and creaks a fair bit, but he isn't getting anywhere yet.

[5] Zoh Roark(it took me far too long to see the thing you did here) loads the mixture into a spray bottle successfully. After a bit of aiming, they spray it at their keyhole. Most of it splashes against the door frame, and the rest soaks Victor's coat. Nothing seems to be happening... Yet.

host tournaments to see which peasants I invite to the feast. Conscript the losers and lead them to battle with the carnotaurus (provided I learn about it's sudden arrival on the news)
Quickly run home and find some uncooked fish and stuff them in pockets, then return, just in time for said tournaments.
Sniff out the King's feast, and wander over to try some. If I have to, roar to scare off tiny attackers.

Init rolls: 2, 7, 7

[2] Mathel Ironfish starts heading back home to get more cooking ingredients, but can't quite find their way home. Well this is embarrasing.

[9] Meanwhile, Sastrei catches a wiff of something nice, and makes a dash for the tasty smelling food! They lose the few followers they had, and their path takes them down a river, making them nigh impossible to track. Eventually you track the smell to a rather curious place. There looks to be one of the smaller creatures from before, but shiny!

[8] The King begins preparing a grand tournament, the feast being the spoils! 8 different people volunteer to go man to man in your competition. After a brief flurry of hand to hand combat between the group, you have a winner. Most of the combatants surrendered rather quickly, unused to such rigors.

[6] If the news was covering the rouge dinosaur right now, you wouldn't know. Or at least, you wouldn't know normally but it appears said dinosaur came to visit! You try to rally the tournament competitors, but most flee the scene. You're left with the winner and the runner up supporting you. Well, the rest weren't very good anyway.

Dr. Pottington will through himself out of a nearby window and go search the neighbor's trash cans for treasure.

[4] Dr. Pottington ruins a perfectly good window, and starts digging through a nearby bin. He doesn't find much, but he does get a perfectly good tin of "I can't believe its not Butter!" Who would throw something like that away?

Civilians: [5] Reports start being made about the dinosaur. It seems plausible, so animal control and the police force are on hightened alert. If the people of Dodeca City look to the sky, they might see a few more helicopters for a little while. Nothing gets on the news yet, but rumours start to spread.

Looks like there's going to be a town hall meeting soon about the situation, along the other usual concerns. That fountain has been temporarily cordoned off.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:18:00 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19