Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ BUG TRACKER  (Read 1182 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
☼Masterwork☼ BUG TRACKER
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:45:20 am »

Simply a list of yet-to-be-fixed bugs. I'll try to keep it updated and post links to bugfixes repository. After checking if they're already listed please post your problems along the details that maybe useful to solve them.

CRASHES

RAWS PROBLEMS

GRAPHICS

OTHER
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:46:23 pm by IlFedaykin »

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ BUG TRACKER
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:08:32 pm »

Isn't masterwork closed source?
LP'er

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:41 pm »

I'm not really sure what you mean by that but I'd say no. Dwarf fortress core mechanics are closed source and can't be modded but the fact that Masterwork IS a mod is due to the fact that some things can be changed by anyone (a lot of things actually). MDF itself is a molteplicity of mods glued togheter around Meph's project. These other mods are also often the reason for its problems.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:47:36 pm by IlFedaykin »

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »

I use LAA and it still crashes all the time for me on a Pentium i7 Windows 10 with 8GB RAM.  I think there are just too many incompatible different mods being used at the same time, to where inevitable conflicts cause crashes.  I also can't get ASCII x16 to work (I was testing to see if it really was a memory issue).  The ASCIIx16 colors are usually not the Vanilla ASCII colors after I switch to ASCII x16 2D (even though I also set the color to Vanilla).  I also can't completely switch tilesets in an installation unless I first switch from 2D or STANDARD to "text will be text" and also change the "text will be text" version, and then switch back to the other graphics rendering.  Usually the ASCII color ends up being some kind of strange pastel color.  Even with ASCII graphics I'll eventually get some kind of error and it crashes to desktop instantaneously.  With Meph on a bike tour I don't see this Masterwork version becoming stable anytime soon.  For now I'm back to Vanilla 43.05, which is just as interesting and I have never had one single crash.

I'll split this in:
-I use LAA and it still crashes all the time for me on a Pentium i7 Windows 10 with 8GB RAM

-I also can't get ASCII x16 to work
- The ASCIIx16 colors are usually not the Vanilla ASCII colors after I switch to ASCII x16 2D (even though I also set the color to Vanilla)
-I also can't completely switch tilesets in an installation unless I first switch from 2D or STANDARD to "text will be text" and also change the "text will be text" version, and then switch back to the other graphics rendering