Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems Changing the Tileset for Masterwork DF V6.2  (Read 1282 times)

Xemit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Problems Changing the Tileset for Masterwork DF V6.2
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »

Hello everybody!

I'm fairly new to DF and entirely new to modding DF, so I need a little help with something. I just recently downloaded the Masterwork Mod v6.2 since I heard it was pretty good.

The mod was great, but I'm too used to the vanilla ascii tileset. I searched the internet trying to find a way to use it in MDF, but all the methods I found caused my game to not load. I finally got it to work by directly rerwriting the init.txt for my save game (since I don't know how to get DFinit to work) and placing the vanilla texture in the data/art folder. This worked perfectly fine for a while, but out of nowhere, the GUI application seemingly deleted itself from my computer

Does anyone know how to use the vanilla tileset without having any of these problems? I just downloaded a new copy of MDF v6.2

Thanks for the help!

-Xemit

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Changing the Tileset for Masterwork DF V6.2
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 06:43:08 pm »

From what I remember reading in the past, you have to use a tileset because some of the new items and entities don't have an ASCII symbol assigned to them.