Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Item Generation  (Read 935 times)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Item Generation
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:38:48 pm »

I'm a little curious how Kobolds get their items, particularly their daggers, during world generation. Lets just say I've created some modded metallic composites/alloys that are only possible to create if you're able to dig deep enough to get the rare material in order to make the alloy/composite. 

I saw a kobold theif running around with a dagger made from one of my alloy/composite metals and actually was hoping my dwarfs would stay away from the thing since they were highly unprepared to face such a thing.

Do the weapons kobolds have represent actual material that have been mined out, melted into alloy bars, and turned into weapons? Or do their weapons just get randomly generated from the list of available metals?   I'm guessing they're randomly generated, as I didnt copy all the tags from the rare stuff to my new alloys, and I'm thinking maybe thats why a kobold had one of them as a knife.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Item Generation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:45:14 am »

I think the Raws do allow Kobolds to smelt and smith metals, their main limiting factor is their inability to mine.

I always just assumed that the items they have were stolen though.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:40 am »

I think the Raws do allow Kobolds to smelt and smith metals, their main limiting factor is their inability to mine.

I always just assumed that the items they have were stolen though.

The stolen idea seems the most feasible, since maybe your fort hasn't produced this metal, but the other dwarf faction have or even maybe humans or whatever you modded might be churning these out, and the kobolds are stealing.
To the beer!

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 07:35:02 am »

Hmm that's interesting. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 08:54:30 am »

Pretty sure that unless the weapons aren't daggers, they come from kobolds. Kobolds are the only race that produce daggers iirc.

I think if you add me the [DEEP_SPECIAL] tag from adamantine other civs won't use the metals.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway