Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visitors this way, please!  (Read 1257 times)

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
Visitors this way, please!
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:27:41 am »

Is there a way to designate an area so that resident dwarves don't go there, but visitors will? Would a carefully-placed burrow with a meeting area outside of it work?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Visitors this way, please!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:14:59 am »

A burrow should work, but that's about the only thing that would (apart from locking the dorfs out from the surface, and thus blocking petitioners from getting inside, stalling the meeting queue).
However, using burrows is either a royal pain if you try to make an ordinary one (adding each citizen manually: I'm not sure if you can add residents), or use the civilian alert burrows (meaning you have to manually swap them around when real burrowing needs occur).

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:28:18 am »

I've only ever used one tavern, so no experience here.  But if you have more than one tavern, do dwarves go to the nearest.  If so then I would imagine you could use that somehow.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:56:38 am »

No. I've made a central residents only tavern and one remote one out in the corner of the embark, and the blasted dorfs still go to the remote one (not as much as to the central one, but still in visible numbers).