Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Hypothetical: What do you do? (What if you had the cure for cancer)  (Read 44640 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hypothetical: What do you do? (What if you had the cure for cancer)
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 09:50:11 pm »

I dunno... is it important to the discussion?

I mean even if the aliens aren't that powerful... typically the fact that they can fight us from space... from perfect safety... pretty much dooms us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:58 pm »

I mean even if the aliens aren't that powerful... typically the fact that they can fight us from space... from perfect safety... pretty much dooms us.

What part of "psionics trump all non-psionic weapons" aren't you understanding? Our psionic humans will simply generate light-barriers to protect our cities from the alien spaceship weapons. All we have to fear are the superior alien psionics, and then only if we don't have power-up vials to make our psionics stronger than theirs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 10:12:30 pm »

It's fine, we'll just use DU dust to counteract psionic fields.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 10:16:40 pm »

What part of "psionics trump all non-psionic weapons" aren't you understanding? Our psionic humans will simply generate light-barriers to protect our cities from the alien spaceship weapons. All we have to fear are the superior alien psionics, and then only if we don't have power-up vials to make our psionics stronger than theirs.

Yeah more powerful than... But, for example, a laser hits us faster than we can respond.

Or they could pump a toxin into our atmosphere... or throw asteroids down on us so our entire earth is covered in a thick crust blotting out the sun and killing our fields.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 10:31:48 pm »

No, no, no, you don't use dense materials to disrupt psionics, you keep a bunch of people on LSD drips in hidden compartments around so the psionic accidentally reads their minds and starts hallucinating.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2017, 10:58:42 pm »

It's not the density, it's the carcinogenic and pyrophoric properties.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 12:48:40 am »

If you're going to go through all that trouble, why not set everything on fire? Aliens can't catch you if the atmosphere is on fire, and everyone knows the cure to all space magic is space napalm. All problems solved.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:21 am »

Look, all you need to do is build a few Psi-Labs, hire enough rookies to fill them, then just turtle up for 2-3 months and ignore the missions with psionic aliens. If you absolutely have to do a mission with enemy psionics or India signs a pact with the aliens, just land, blindfire two rockets out of the Skyranger, and dust off.

United Forenia Forever!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 08:01:58 pm »

Hypothetical continuation!

Okay, so, assuming you've beaten the aliens, you now have quite a bit of new technology and biology to analyze. What will you do now? Will you lead humanity to the stars? Will you take control over Earth permanently? Will you try to discover how psionics work? What will you do?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 08:04:07 pm »

Okay, so, assuming you've beaten the aliens, you now have quite a bit of new technology and biology to analyze. What will you do now? Will you lead humanity to the stars? Will you take control over Earth permanently? Will you try to discover how psionics work? What will you do?

Who died and made us king?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:03 pm »

Hypothetically, say that you're shitposting on Bay 12 in a thread started by Neonivek about a hypothetical situation, and as you read through the posts you eventually come across a scenario posted by DPRK Threadlord and sexy beast MetalSlimeHunt, where he gets all weird about the thread's purpose and acts self-aggrandizing like he always does.

How do you respond?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 08:25:24 pm »

Like this.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

Hypothetically, say that you're shitposting on Bay 12 in a thread started by Neonivek about a hypothetical situation, and as you read through the posts you eventually come across a scenario posted by DPRK Threadlord and sexy beast MetalSlimeHunt, where he gets all weird about the thread's purpose and acts self-aggrandizing like he always does.

How do you respond?

I use the advanced knowledge gained from the aliens to annihilate the entire Korean peninsula, most of Indonesia, Hawaii and all the other Pacific Islands, a large portion of China, Japan, half of Australia (the shit half with nothing in it), a significant chunk of Africa, and then MSH's house in wherever he lives, just for good measure. I then lead the remaining human population into space to conquer everything in the universe. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 08:43:36 pm »

All of the above!
Who died and made us king?
You did, if you oppose my glorious and enlightened rule. The tragedy of our times, but necessary if we want to create the world of the future that I we want to have.

How do you respond?
Mostly ignore him in favor of expounding on how I intend to pervert the most recent hypothetical to conquer the Solar System, pausing to speak self-referentially in response to the above.
I use the advanced knowledge gained from the aliens to annihilate the entire Korean peninsula, most of Indonesia, Hawaii and all the other Pacific Islands, a large portion of China, Japan, half of Australia (the shit half with nothing in it), a significant chunk of Africa, and then MSH's house in wherever he lives, just for good measure. I then lead the remaining human population into space to conquer everything in the universe. >.>
Wait wait wait, hold up a second there. People live in Australia? ??? Why? Why would anyone do that? Who thought that was a good idea? What led someone to thinking that was wise?

New hypothetical: you've discovered a godless, forsaken continent to the south with strange and hostile wildlife. Can you imagine any reason to colonize this barren landmass that isn't an extended form of mass-suicide? And if so, how?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 08:46:56 pm »

How do you respond?

I respond to the prompt as presented, while silently judging Bay12's own representative of the glorious Korean People's Juche North Korea for harming the his cause with such shameless egotism.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38