Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Year is 2047  (Read 1210 times)

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
The Year is 2047
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:51:39 pm »

Dwarf Fortress 1.0 has been out now for 5 years and Bay12Games has created a MASSIVE eSports label called Slaves of Armok: DwarfCraft 2: Strategies of History and Toil (or whatever it'll be next season) where competitors play Dwarf Fortress Colony Mode with their chosen race on the same random world with default settings and try and survive where ever they like on this map, first to have their colony's strength be broken is eliminated and the other is crowned Armok for the year! Lets here what the announcers have to say as Grand Finals are right underway.

Playing for Team Goblins is Grozor McGobblo. "Yeah Chet, he really has a good strategy with his dark towers and his dark pit placement. I really like the fact he tries to rush boats and water trade. While maxing out his wizard goblins summoners really helps his army due to the lack of goblins in this map you know?" Bob says.
             And playing for Team Elf is thelegend27 "Yeah know this kid, he came from losers bracket, his elfs, their nature manipulation is spectacular. He often finds Lions and gears them up pretty well, hope we'll see that again it's quite entertaining seeing him spend 3 minutes just manufacturing "Big Cat mouthpeices" -- "Yeah well, he also likes to go to war too Chet and ya just can't have those big ol' kittens chippin' their tooth when some Dwarves wanna chop down your trees ya' know?" "Ab-so-lutely Bob, the bonuses his elfs get when they have their trees is probably the only reason he made it this far to begin with."

"Haha yeah well Bob, we'll see what happens here. There's mostly Dwarves, so it's not looking the best for either of em' Not a clue whose going to take home the grand prize this year. Stick around and Grand Finals will be right on their way after these commercial messages!"

My multiplayer goto game genre were ARTS's and RTS's and my favorite single player genre are roguelikes. I'm still in awe that I found Dwarf Fortress it's now the only game I play hahaha. Hope you guys enjoyed the read was a lot of fun to write and I tried to make it as accurate to what I think 1.0 would be like. (Race chosing for colony mode, boats, magic etc.) Thanks!! :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:54:36 pm by Chase »
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Year is 2047
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:52:00 am »

What....am I reading ?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:27:49 am »

A gamers daydream about the completed version-1 game.

It's very amusing, although I'm rather confused as to why there are commentators.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:50:25 am »

Pretty sure pro Starcraft games have commentators, and this is a joke running off of that.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:39:05 pm »

You slowbolds still doing eSports? In x☼142☼x (that's around 2371 in your calendar) we have actual arenas on randomly terraformed planets. Praise Armok!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?