Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84245 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:49:11 pm »

Modified Masterwork v1.29 (43.05 x64)

Windows version:
7z here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12768
Github release page for zip and tar: https://github.com/Modified-MW-DF/modified-MDF/releases

github repository here: https://github.com/Modified-MW-DF
Discord Channel here: https://discord.gg/cRbmUAZ
Bay12Forums here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163261.0

If your interested in helping with the project, here's how to use github to send in changes:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164688.0

This is Modified Masterwork v1.29 (DF 43.05 X64)

based off MW v1.23 by Meph.

DISCLAIMER:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Changes:
Old Change Logs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
version 1.29:
- More manual updates
- more Hidden Gems - I need to know if you think the amount is high... I can make them go lower, randomly the treasure, fossil, relic, tears of armok, and blood of armok will appear while digging through layer stone... the warpstone gem appearance has been reduced.
- Kobold - cobalt anvil fixed.
- fixes for soundsense
- fixes to adventure reactions
- orc embark fixes
- library fix
- standardized milk fix.
- masterwork wood crafter reactions - cost reduced to 1 plank for balancing issue.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:20:06 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24 (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:15:41 pm »

Well, it definitely works to some extent, however, none of the Masterwork workshops and other buildings are present. It's essentially just normal dwarf fortress, but with Masterwork's usual set of extra mods.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:33:11 pm by c0mplex »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24 (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:09:32 am »

Well, it definitely works to some extent, however, none of the Masterwork workshops and other buildings are present. It's essentially just normal dwarf fortress, but with Masterwork's usual set of extra mods.
!?! which race? which buildings? I'll double check the raws and scripts, but I moved them all over from 1.23.  The DFhack is a beta and as I said, I couldn't test 100% of the content. 

NVM... I missed 1 file... I accidentally left in vanilla DF's:

entity_default.txt - it defined the basic Dwarves in vanilla DF and causes their to be no masterwork buildings for Dwarfs.

Delete that file.  I'm reviewing the list of raws/scripts right now first, to make sure there aren't any other accidental "additions", that was completely my fault and I apologize.  I'll try to run a quick test pocket world, all base fort races, drop 1x1 embarks and try to double check each race for a bit today.  If I or no one else spots any errors, I'll upload a new pack in 12 hours or so amended to version 1.24a.

EDIT:
So after running every race, all the buildings are available, as far as I can tell.  I can't confirm every reaction/interaction/etc(there is just too many), nor can I confirm every use of DFHack... Its still in beta, and is liable to be unstable, so caution when doing anything that may invoke a DFHack script(such as a immigrant/liason call).  The only other issue I ran into was a DFHack issue, I attempted to use the dfhack command blueprint to speed up my testing of a few things, the "blueprint" command seems to CTD dwarf fortress if called, it's a rarer command but be warned. My advice, if you use a lot DFHack, "quicksave" is working fine and should be used prior to any command you haven't tested yet.  There are also other DFHack errors showing up in the console, if you see any that are not the usual, post images please.  Some of the DFHack scripts are more Masterwork than DFHack.  I know that liquid spawning is working so magmawells/waterwells/fluid casters should be working correctly.

I've uploaded the updated version with the offending file removed.  so the file is now listed as v1.24a.  Again thanks for your support, I'll look into any issue you have with this version, please send images and details if possible.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:30:13 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

imperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24a (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:26:22 pm »

Wow thank you for taking the time to do this Amostubal.  I'll try it out this weekend.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:03 am »

holy kreygasm balls, it WORKS!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »

I'm reworking through the DFHack scripts... I've already found 3 major fixes, the next release will have the create-unit hack reactions working correctly.  I'm looking into an error with on-death.lua and another with item-trigger(worse case, I'll have it outputting info on what is triggering it when it errors, best case I'll figure out why its putting out nil value errors and fix it completely) that is causing spam... I plan for 1.24b this friday/saturday.

issues I plan to have resolved in 1.24b.
1. Create-Unit.lua - done. All spawn reactions are now spawning correctly.
2. onLoad.init - done. Several bad lines that weren't being used were "commented out" they wont effect game play because they were tied to "missing reactions/missing permitted_reactions"
3. DFHack.init - done. Some bad lines made calls to scripts that could not run unless a game world was loaded.  "commented out" now produce zero errors.
4. On-death.lua - understand the problem, need to test my current solution a few more times to verify I corrected it correctly.
item-trigger - working on it.

Any other issues any one wants me to resolve?  I'm figuring out DFHack rather quickly.  I don't have the ability to edit the Masterwork gui.  so until I get the source of the current Masterwork gui, that is an out... I know of a dozen other issues that has plagued game play, I'll prioritize them according to what is requested.  I'm going to stick to repairs until Meph's return.  I'm working on a few side projects, but I'm not really pushing their development until I have an error free script set for MWDF.

I will continue the 1.24{letter} direction until I reach a fairly error free console result, There's no reason to call it 1.25 until then.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:00 pm »

Thanks for uploading, just about to give it a go after incorporating a few changes from this thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162937.0

I fixed the clay layers and reactions (hopefully), the boulder crabs, and disabled the "More Leather" plugin to see if I can shear drakes etc correctly. I've added in some personal changes based on old Masterwork like philosophum and being able to create netherbark leather from nether caps (I'd like the growable trees back too but not quite there yet). Shall see how it goes...

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:22 pm »

Cool I would like to see a working more leather fix for the drakes, it would probably fix all the other more leather issues with shearable animals.

the clay thing... yeah I was going to return to that at some point...  we really need to come up with a consensus.  me personally, its aggravating the way it is currently, but I need to actually see how it is working in all races.   the races all need to have some sort of similar set up... that is not going to be a thing I'll do anytime in the next version, but thanks for bringing it up.old school masterwork stuff? I'm not really planning that... I want to get it to the point where I don't have any errors in the dfhack console, then start working through things that aren't functioning correctly and repair them, then I'll consider making any serious changes.  the more leather? if you get it to work upload your changes and send it to me, that's a for sure thing that needs to be in.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 09:40:45 pm »

My fix for More Leather is just to disable it at this stage, I can live with one unit per corpse. Presumably the mod would be easy enough to fix up but I guess they currently patch in some incorrect material templates or something like that and it doesn't match MW ones.

I think in previous versions of Masterwork, Dwarf Therapist had to be recompiled for the new skill names and things. The one bundled with this will show something like this for e.g. Mason caste dwarves: These dwarves gain a significant XP bonus for Mining, Carpentry and Metal Smithing whereas it should be Masonry etc. The castes in the raws look OK, not sure if this makes DT unusable.

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »

Actually I don't think DT needs a recompile, just a new game_data.ini and possibly grid stuff (based on a quick squiz at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132010.0).

I haven't played around with DT much in this regard, I'll have a fiddle and see if I can find that file and get the mappings correct (docs say it should be under %APPDATA% somewhere).

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 07:01:37 am »

okay grotball, I don't have any experience with DT.  I've not really used it since 42.06, I  prefer to use autolabor for most skills (just because I don't want to run around selecting units) disabling for skills that matter to me.  Then use the DFHack DT under u->l fro them.  If you come across anything useful send it to me, I'll add it in if it works.

The more leather effect on the shearable animals affects all the shearable leather, scale, shell, chitin related creatures.  If you plan to use them, then more leather may not be effective, if you are going to play a leather heavy race (early game orc or Kobold the entire game) you may find it more beneficial to skip the shearables as the gains from more leather will far outweigh the 2/4 times a year on a handful of shearables.  of course this is assuming your not embarking with 10 leatherwing bats.  Its linked to the fact that shearing the bats, frill lizards, etc actually produces the untanned skin, while more leather is a modification at the butcher/tanner to create a fake untanned skin that is actually a glob.  If your using more leather tanning does not recognize untanned skins any more but is looking for the globs.  So either someone has to figure out how to create the globs from shearing (I tried once it sucks....) or get the tanner to target both (having both reactions active? I've not looked into it lately).

anyways yeah its an issue.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:15 pm »

okay grotball, I don't have any experience with DT.  I've not really used it since 42.06, I  prefer to use autolabor for most skills (just because I don't want to run around selecting units) disabling for skills that matter to me.  Then use the DFHack DT under u->l fro them.  If you come across anything useful send it to me, I'll add it in if it works.

I might familiarize myself with autolabor; I had a bit of a look at DT, I think we can provide an override game_data.ini under DwarfTherapistInstall/share/game_data.ini, and then map the [professions] and [labors] sections appropriately with skills, but I'm yet to find what the mappings should be. I might set them manually in DF and see what happens in the GUI and go from there. Possibly it might be in the caste.cpp DT code when it's looking at what skills to display for castes (it's suspicious it lists two skills for Carpenter caste when there are four enhanced skills > 100 pc rate).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:14:20 pm by grotball »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 07:53:36 pm »

Most of the info on enhanced skills can be found in the creature_civ_xxxx.txt files.  Good luck with that.  I'm uploading 1.24b right now.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24b (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »

NEW VERSION IS UP NOW!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24b (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 04:31:35 am »

64bit Masterwork is what I've been waiting for.
Thanks m8
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29