Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84252 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24b (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 10:47:29 am »

64bit Masterwork is what I've been waiting for.
Thanks m8

You are welcome!  I've been waiting since 64x came out(actually I attempted it at first release... but masterwork relies heavily on DFHack to operate a lot of extra functionality).
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 11:56:03 am »

Wow, this is really a nice surprise, goodjob!
LP'er

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 01:27:11 pm »

Thanks for this!

I make changes to the various playable races' learning rates, along with maximum amount of civilizations; because that takes so long to go in and manually make those adjustments, i was hoping to just save those files and paste them into your v1.24b version. Will that work?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

Wow, this is really a nice surprise, goodjob!

You're welcome, and thank you.

Thanks for this!

I make changes to the various playable races' learning rates, along with maximum amount of civilizations; because that takes so long to go in and manually make those adjustments, i was hoping to just save those files and paste them into your v1.24b version. Will that work?

I made no edits to civ files...  I think that the only one you need to watch is creature_civ_succubus.  I installed Boltgun's update, but didn't check it for any changes to the civ file, so that one may have to be manually updated.  The rest of the creature_civ_XXXXXX files should be direct copies from the v1.23 and most likely beyond that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 02:52:37 pm »

Wanted to make sure this wasn't just me....I'm not seeing guild members on embark with strong skills associated with their professions. They have "peasant" starting skills.

Thanks

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »

Wanted to make sure this wasn't just me....I'm not seeing guild members on embark with strong skills associated with their professions. They have "peasant" starting skills.

Thanks
I don't think they did or ever have.  Can anyone confirm that they were suppose to?  I don't really play dwarves and humans as much as orcs and succubus,  but orcs show up of different castes (which are what guild members are) and their skills do not always match their castes when they migrate in.  At embark those will only have the skills you set.  the caste only provides faster learning rates for their skills, if I understood the raws correctly.  I've not done anything with the skill settings in the various raws.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »

Does anyone know where these new metals come from: Stygium, Afelsteel, Faceted, all the metals at the bottom? were they accidentally added to the dwarves reaction listings?

I'm playing as dwarves, looking at the metalsmith forge and I've never seen these metals, granted some of them I recognise as other playable races metals.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:30:58 pm by zakhad »
LP'er

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 07:54:54 pm »

Does anyone know where these new metals come from: Stygium, Afelsteel, Faceted, all the metals at the bottom? were they accidentally added to the dwarves reaction listings?

I'm playing as dwarves, looking at the metalsmith forge and I've never seen these metals, granted some of them I recognise as other playable races metals.

Issue with a material being defined as a metal that can be used to make things at a forge... there is no way to restrict a metal from the forge, other than removing all their item_XXXX tags from the metal, at which point the forge becomes useless for that metal for all races.  Its not an error,  most of those metals are actually impossible to collect in fort mode no matter the race, because they are high end adventure mode monster metals(divine metals)

stygium and afelsteel are included in succubus, but not accessible.

some of these are defined in the files for special NPC races.  If it was defined its going to show up.  Unless someone can show me how to restrict their appearance in the list, I can't help you.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 12:16:07 pm »

Thanks
I don't think they did or ever have.  Can anyone confirm that they were suppose to?  I don't really play dwarves and humans as much as orcs and succubus,  but orcs show up of different castes (which are what guild members are) and their skills do not always match their castes when they migrate in.  At embark those will only have the skills you set.  the caste only provides faster learning rates for their skills, if I understood the raws correctly.  I've not done anything with the skill settings in the various raws.

starting guild members only have xp boost. The membership is a caste and is chosen at random upon embark. Starting skills are always null if you don't add points as in vanilla

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 01:00:37 pm »

Currently having serious crash issues.  Details:

I created a pair of worlds with 1.24. I played on one. At first, I had no problems quitting/loading.  My most recent save was having troubles loading (multiple crashes at load screen).  I downloaded this version.  The initial load resulted in a crash with an error message about the graphics set and my house.  I messed around with graphics settings, but the game crashed at the same point.  I had the same problem when I attempted to gen a world.  Any suggestions? Is there a log you would find helpful?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:33:08 pm by sum1won »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 05:18:28 pm »

Currently having serious crash issues.  Details:

I created a pair of worlds with 1.24. I played on one. At first, I had no problems quitting/loading.  My most recent save was having troubles loading (multiple crashes at load screen).  I downloaded this version.  The initial load resulted in a crash with an error message about the graphics set and my house.  I messed around with graphics settings, but the game crashed at the same point.  I had the same problem when I attempted to gen a world.  Any suggestions? Is there a log you would find helpful?

sorry been dealing with RL and other mods I maintain.  so let me see if I get this right you had a previous version 1.24(1.24 or 1.24a? or did you mean 1.23).  You then downloaded this version and it crashed when you tried to load the save(really it sounds like a corrupted save, 1.24a should load fine, 1.24 would have some serious issues but still load, 1.23 shouldn't load at all, there was serious script changes to get from 1.23 to 1.24b).  interesting what do you mean by "my house"?  it really sounds like a lost save.  really I think you need to completely delete your copy of masterwork and start with a fresh install, and start from the beginning... even if I had the save folder and the stderr.log/errorlog.txt I couldn't promise I could decode what was happening... It sounds like an issue that involves a corrupt save or a write over of an old folder. 

Every version is really its own "environment" and it generally isn't going to help to bring files from one to the other.  There was some serious changes that occurred between 1.23,1.24,1.24a, and 1.24b... estimates of some 50 plus files are updated, fixed or replaced and any of those being brought over, even by accident would cause issues.  Other than say creature_civ_XXX files and certain other raws that I didn't touch, the dfhack scripts inside of the raw\scripts and inside of hack\scripts can be temperamental if they are seeing the old version.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Protonicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 05:23:05 pm »

Thank you for the masterwork! ptw.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 05:22:45 pm »

Just a FYI I haven't had any crashing what so ever pretty much same settings from the previous version  (Fresh install) I just made a copy of profile settings of the meph launcher, no need for laa with 64bit constant 30fps, I might see if I can push the fps up O.o.
LP'er

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:04 pm »

Just a FYI I haven't had any crashing what so ever pretty much same settings from the previous version  (Fresh install) I just made a copy of profile settings of the meph launcher, no need for laa with 64bit constant 30fps, I might see if I can push the fps up O.o.

And that is what I like to hear! 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2017, 11:57:13 pm »

Between binging The Littlest Cheesemaker and starting to reread the Tragic Tale of Dumplin.....

*Maul_Junior has been taken by a Strange Mood*

*Maul_Junior claims a copy of Masterwork DF*
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29