Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84969 times)

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.27 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2017, 12:26:39 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug, but when playing as Humans you can produce steel without the smith's guild. You just have to construct the metallurgist's smelter, and for that the guild is not necessary.
BTW, how do I make bullets?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:57:51 pm by Caponimoq »
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »

The bone pot thing makes sense.  I have never done glazing and didn't even thing of doing that.

I have noticed that turning on 'fastdwarf 1' can cause a lot of dwarves to go idle.  I am guessing that dwarves will only take so many jobs in a short period of time before going on break.  Turning off fastdwarf gets them going again.

If you are changing the Masterwork client, can you make it resizable so we can get rid of the sizing issues some are having?

I'm not sure where that option is for resize... I'm not a VB programmer... I've been learning as I dig through what is in front of me.

I think in vanilla VB it's the WindowStyle attribute or perhaps ResizeMode, should hopefully be fairly easy to just allow it to maximize and unhide any hidden buttons (would look a bit ugly but usable). If the source is available on github or gitlabs I could send a pull request if I've got the right IDE etc.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2017, 07:44:31 pm »

The bone pot thing makes sense.  I have never done glazing and didn't even thing of doing that.

I have noticed that turning on 'fastdwarf 1' can cause a lot of dwarves to go idle.  I am guessing that dwarves will only take so many jobs in a short period of time before going on break.  Turning off fastdwarf gets them going again.

If you are changing the Masterwork client, can you make it resizable so we can get rid of the sizing issues some are having?

I'm not sure where that option is for resize... I'm not a VB programmer... I've been learning as I dig through what is in front of me.

I think in vanilla VB it's the WindowStyle attribute or perhaps ResizeMode, should hopefully be fairly easy to just allow it to maximize and unhide any hidden buttons (would look a bit ugly but usable). If the source is available on github or gitlabs I could send a pull request if I've got the right IDE etc.

Ok grotball, I'll look for that one.  I've been learning things as fast as I can... I have a few more little bugs I'm squashing... planning for 1.28 release at the end of the week... if anyone wants to test the 1.28 beta its on my github(1.28-planned branch).  also jump on my discord link below, we have lively discussions of future changes to masterwork.

Right now the last couple of goals I'm working for:
1. reduced adventurer option.  I've got to make the button and put it in the launcher, but basically turning off all the non civ creatures that are optionally playable in MDF.  After fielding a complaint and searching the files... well I found there was 144 creatures that are just always on as playable, counting an average 3 castes(some are multiple casts) that 450 extra options in the selections... so I'm turning them all off and calling the switch "more adventurers"  just got to decide where to put it.

2. work around to end the liquid fire clothing bug.  If I can't figure out how clothing is coming from fire snake venom... well I'll just turn the venom off.. they are already hot enough they can ignite things that can burn.

3. Reduced pet option.  Concept: basically all the vermin that are listed as pet along with a lot of the other "creatures" with pet tags from various "addons" are getting listed in various races embarks and being brought by caravans.  this option would turn all their tags to PET_EXOTIC, which should stop races from taming them in world gen, but not stop a player from taming the creature inside of his fort.  It may take a day to finish... but should help reduce some of the clutter at embark.  Thee option in the launcher will be 'more pets".  again just got to decide where to put it.

4. why I haven't updated, yet: I fixed the overrides for the graphics files, but due to the nature of how twbt overrides are accomplished. they are not maintained in the save which causes saves to have broken graphic appearance if you change "graphics" after the world is generated.  I know what is going on and I have the code to switch the graphics in a save, and can therefore fix this. I just have to make the pack definitions stable, not impossible.  the process is simple, switch the coding for standard grass and a couple of other "switches" to not delete the definitions, just change them internally to get the desired effect.  I expect this to take me about a day to complete and verify its functioning.

This will be a big update.  It will break saves.  The fix to that is that any save you want to continue to play either only play it on 1.27 or don't place it in 1.28 save folder until after you have set your graphic settings inside the launcher.  I expect to publish the 1.28 release on thursday or friday.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2017, 04:32:55 pm »

Popping this here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164483.0, for anyone who would like to try their hand at giving us some nice introduction text for the game.
Like this:

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2017, 09:14:01 am »

Update:
I've accomplished everything I wanted in 1.28, its currently is being tested and I plan to release it this afternoon, around 12 hours from now.  I'm sorry this was a 2 week gap on this update but it was a lot of additional work, and a lot of codependent work so let me go ahead and post the list and end with a nice image.

1. I've added a switch to the first page for the seasons, so now if you don't want them turn them off!

2. I've moved the decoration switches to the settings page (second page) so that you can turn them on or off for everyone in one switch, it just didn't make sense to make individual switches when we don't have a page for every race yet.

3. fixed all the tags so no tag in the game can change the EOF length causing corruption of the file.

4. fixed several broken switches that weren't functioning or pointing at the wrong thing. including the decorations, the patreon content, additional food, the list is soooo long.

5. minor bug in Orc releases caused humans to not spawn correctly - fixed (somehow it was aimed at RAT_MALE... I guess its how some orc felt about humans).

6. a few text descriptions, typos. (broken Engrish, again I blame an orc for that.)

7. Quickfort fixed. (basically it was missing a folder and a single file... I blame an orc, I can't tell you what happened to the file).

8. internal DFHack script digfort fixed. (lol, I submitted this to the DFHack crew it will now run multiple Zs).

9. Werebeasts, Titans, and Night creatures civs - Their creature files are off, their civs should not spawn at all, they have plant bleeding hearts, and crumbling coral legs and wings that decide they should freeze solid... something happened at some point (like in 42.06 or prior) that actually broke these... They need full rewrites as the creatures as stand are impossible to read or fix.  If anyone wants to see their return, get on the horn and rewrite them for us please.  I have enough on my plate... plus I have a future of the mod announcement about my personal plans this summer that would probably conflict with me rewritting these.

10. Redux of pets - I added a switch it's in the creature settings (although I want to move to where the grazing coefficient is)... that switch does turn off all the vermin pets from vanilla files and most of the pets in the mod page... it does this by labeling them as [PET_EXOTIC] instead which means if your race can catch them you can still make them into pets... they just wont be learned in world gen, traded by caravans, or show up in embarks.  This means no more embarking with 20 cyclops... lol.  If you do want these things back, flip the switch in the creature settings.

11. More Adventurers - well a complaint led me to inspect and we had approximately 140 additional creatures tagged for adventure mode... with no way to turn them off...  so basically I gave them a MDF Tag and turned them off.  If you want those 140 additional animal people, skavens, bloodgods, etc available for adventurer options turn it on.  If you don't well leave it off.

12. Khaos has input several changes to the manuals, mostly orcs, a little through out.  Check them out!  Give him some praise for doing that, and let us know if you see anything wrong in the edits.  I really appreciate any help i get from the community to assist with the project.  We are on Discord every day discussing MDF and and DF in generally and what we want to accomplish and working through it.  You should come join us if you haven't yet.

13 Hydraknight's Orc Embarks have been added in... so now the orcs shouldn't feel they are being discriminated against, ( and maybe they will quit breaking things behind my back.... maybe... just maybe...)  they are beautiful set encorporating different play styles of orcs from war bands to raiders, farmers to deep miners.  check those out and give him some love for that.

14. So much cleaning of junk and corruption after the Tag system was fixed.... omg soo much cleaning.... it was a mess in there... and I'm absolutely positive I didn't get it all...  But I tried very hard to get it all done, and placed some really short blocks at the end of all files so that I can easily check to see if any tag corruption has crept back in.

15. Override switches -  basically overrides.txt was not even programmed in to be switched with the graphics... this caused pure ascii sets to be funky looking etc... this is now switching properly, thanks to all the graphically inclined individuals that pointed this out as I was trying to figure out the decoration switches above.  So now people who want to switch graphics, they should function better than ever.

16. Graphic switches in saves - DF really only maintains one graphic set and one twbt set at a time.  If you switch graphics you should restart DF completely.  Also changing the graphics would in the past make your games appear funky... Not anymore.  I fixed the definitions inside of thee graphics folders so that definition loss should no longer be occurring.  I can't guarantee it 100%, but I tested DF through the entire series and I grabbed a few images along the way:

And that my friends was the culmination of all the work this past two weeks, as I fixed one error I realized it caused an error in another part of the system... so I went in a circle till I reached what I think is the end of those errors to get that done....  Isn't it beautiful.  I cannot promise that old saves wont break if you change their graphics... so I advise don't update old game save graphics...

I really can't say that enough because I'm almost absolutely certain:
 DO NOT UPDATE PRE 1.28 GAME SAVES, PLEASE, THEY WILL ALMOST ASSUREDLY BREAK.

to understand the width and breadth of this update... I thought about renaming it completely to 1.3.0 or even further MDF 2.0 ... 724 changed files with 29,345 additions and 81,714 deletions.  that's the amount of work this has had put in it... I've not been idle... I've sunk at least 50 hours of production time in the past 2 weeks in between work and family schedules.

so If you want to test drive it before I release it this afternoon, get over to the github and download it!  look for the 1.28-planned branch, that's the big kabowski.

On the future of MDF

I just want to start off with, I didn't start working on this project to fully take it over.  I started working on this project to get it up to date with DF and everyone else, and I wanted to produce something for Meph that would help keep his work up to date in his absence.  I've made this into a community project, because well you guys the community are what I've always felt modding was about.  I've not asked for 1 penny, and even told people I wont be accepting any money for MDF, not now and not ever, because MDF is the communities mod not mine.  I plan to keep that promise from now to however long as I'm working on MDF. 

That being said, We are a community and if we want new content, well we as a community has to come together and help make it work.  One man cannot make MDF and do more than maintain what can easily be fixed and add what can be easily added.  The content of MDF is decreasing.  I've had to turn off several things that really have been broken for a long time and just went unnoticed or unreported (I was informed the werebeasts had their bleeding heart plant problems for over a year and yet no one reported it)....  really people, lets pull this together. 

I understand stalking mods... I've done it in the past, I'll probably do it in the future.  But here is the thing, if your stalking and not reporting the issues (the crazy ones especially like liquid fire shirts, I turned off that venom product, that should stop), don't go complaining on other mediums like discord, youtube, etc.  The problem will continue until people speak up and let us know directly its going on.  If I could get 1 in 10 of those playing MDF right now to report their bugs and 1 in 20 of those people who are playing MDF to step up and produce content... we wouldn't have any bugs in MDF and a complete civ page with all the races working properly many with fort modes in 6 months easy.  I'm talking about 5 to 10 people.  We need creators, bug reporters, community involvement, etc or this mod, just like many other mods and prior versions of this mod in the past, is just going to keep losing more ground as things break from vanilla DF version to vanilla DF version.

I am going to be less available over the summer,  I have a large family and they all want to come home and spend time with me during the summer months... I've got work and other pressing matters also going on.  Personally... I have no plans for anymore work on MDF...  I am going to rework the github repository after the next release, so its easier to contribute too.  I am also going to publish a github repository of the entire VB version of the MDF launcher, for anyone that wants to go in there and look at it and tinker with it.  Of course I plan to combine the 2 under one github organization.

so here's some projects I know need to be completed and anyone can join in and help:

1.  Khaos is still working on the manual updates, keep up the good work, if anyone wants to make suggestions send them in.

2.  Khaos has also wrote a nice little script that will allow us to change fort intros at creation of new forts.  Additionally it can also give more than just a random intro for a race.   Now we need intros, so if you can speak english and use spell check (I'm out, the orc in me ruins my english) we could use some creativity, I'd even like some that look like journal entries... and you could tag the end with - from the journals of {insert your game name} for credit. lol... that would be interesting.

3.  I plan to start work on at least one new race this summer.... I notice we have 3 of the 5 original races in DF (Dwarves, humans, and kobolds) and are missing Elves and Goblins.  Now then I could do either of these (even though we already have 2 civil races and 2 slaver races)... I know naga are pretty much down for the count as for "fort mode" as they wont path through water correctly, unless someone wants to do them as a water level 1 race (you can't build in water levels above 1 and you can't path through water levels above 3 in fort mode).  We need a complete rewrite on werebeasts, titans, night creatures, necromancers, and vampires if we want them to be available for fort mode (or even for adv/active civ in some cases) and that rounds out the savages and evil civs.  I'm willing to replace any of these with something else if enough people want that.  I posted a poll! let me know what you think!

4.  We need other people to take up the other races that I don't work on any one who wants to pick up any of these races mentioned, or create a new civ all together let me know, and we can discuss the idea.  I'm currently only asking for someone to create an active civ.  If you are wanting to flesh it out for adventure mode or fort mode, that would be appreciated, but just getting it working correctly to be active civ, visiting other forts, etc. is all I'm asking for.

5.  Anyone want to post up some new mod ideas, go for it... I'm willing to look at it.  anyone wanting some feature, post it, If i can't figure it out maybe someone else will... See an error and figured out how to fix it... Please get involved and send us your error fixes...

That's all I really got to add in here.  I'll be packing and posting the update this evening.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:27:32 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.28 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2017, 08:59:15 pm »

NEW VERSION IS LIVE!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2017, 09:54:57 pm »

Amostubal (or any modder):
Where did you start, in bringing you to this point where you can contribute to MDF? I've played DF on and off for 10 years and MDF for 2-3+. I've always wanted to contribute. From reading several posts on modding DF, it sounds like improving DFHack is the #1 priority, and this may be out of my reach. If it's just bugs to be reported that is most helpful now, that I can do.

Thank you so much for progressing this wonderful mod. And thank you, Meph, as well. I never go back to regular DF anymore.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2017, 11:00:17 pm »

Amostubal (or any modder):
Where did you start, in bringing you to this point where you can contribute to MDF? I've played DF on and off for 10 years and MDF for 2-3+. I've always wanted to contribute. From reading several posts on modding DF, it sounds like improving DFHack is the #1 priority, and this may be out of my reach. If it's just bugs to be reported that is most helpful now, that I can do.

Thank you so much for progressing this wonderful mod. And thank you, Meph, as well. I never go back to regular DF anymore.
Thank you for asking, I try not to bore people with my personal story but for this question I will.

How did I get here? Where did I start? What did I have to learn?

simple... I started playing DF around June 9th of last year.  I have never been to college.  I have never taken a class on any programming language.  I have done nothing but strive to learn everything I know.  I dived in head first and started playing around with the MDF raws back in October when Smak the last writer for Orcs left.  While playing with that, Meph said he wanted a mod to do a particular thing, and I jumped on the idea.  I worked for months on that project, and eventually deleted it because it was so bad I didn't want anyone to be using it because they found it from me... I shared my orcfort updates with a few friends here and there.   

I didn't like sitting in the backseat, that's what it takes to do these things... get out of the backseat.  If you want to drive, you got to get behind the wheel and try.  That's what it takes.  You can be programming next week if you are willing to take the steps to read a few docs, and play with some files, and see what happens...

You're going to fail, you're going to fail a lot, but so what... I failed, I failed more times than I have been successful... What I did in the last 2 weeks was fail over and over and over and over again... But I learned from my failures, I picked myself up, and tried again.

If I quit when I failed, I'd never have been successful in anything that I have done.  You keep trying and trying, learning and learning, eventually you dodge the common errors and find good resources to provide you with the right bits to do what you want done.  I literally taught myself enough ruby script in the last 2 weeks to provide a fix to an old DFHack script that has been defunct for over a year.  I am learning Virtual Basic to edit the launcher better, and I started on that 2 weeks ago.  I learned lua last November to accomplish a series of tasks so I didn't have to do it behind... Have I mastered them? No, because mastering requires a lot more work, but I would say I'm at least competent.

So basically everything I've learned, to do what I'm doing right now, I picked up in the last 9 months to a year.  I realized this wasn't WoW, Dragondogma, DragonAge, or any commercial game where I couldn't help if I wanted to (well actually I did create mods for WoW, I can't tell you what that language was. I've not played WoW for 10 years).   This game relies on the community.  I've had 500 downloads in 2 weeks... estimates of 400 or so players downloading it.  if just 10 of those people stepped up and started modding in content, we could be having 2000 downloads a week because we would be writing our own content, not just fixing errors and adding other people's mods in.  MDF and DF itself lives or dies because of our own actions here and now. 

No one cared when I stopped updating my mod overlay for healers in WoW... there was already 20 variants out within 2 months... WoW went on.   But DF... DF is an organism that desires new content, we all strive for new things to do in DF... yeah we can run a thousand forts but what does that get us? eventually you design a perfect defense and get over all the humps to live till your Dwarfs get sick of each other or reach FPS death.  You adventure till you become a vampire and sink to the depths of hell and kill all the demons than wander town to town slaying peasants and drinking their blood... We can give them new content, new beasts, new races, new buildings, new ideas, new reactions, new syndromes, new secrets, new plants, new items, and we have all the tools to do it with.  We bring life into DF, where if it couldn't be modded, it would of died years ago.  Just open a raw and play with it, open the arena and see what happens when you turn a creatures blood into ichor, etc. before long you're finding those annoying errors you saw in game in the files and fixing them.  You are modifying reactions to work better, do more, give more variety.  etc.

How did I get here? Where did I start? What did I have to learn?

I opened a file, and tried to figure out how to make ink for the library.  I opened reaction_orcfort.txt and tried to figure out why a raid produced plants with no names.  I opened a file and said,"what would of made this more realistic, better, fun for everyone?" I opened a file and said why is pottery not working for this person whose asking about it.  One step at a time, ignore fails, keep trying, eventually you succeed.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2017, 02:54:00 am »

You sound like a genuinely nice guy Amos, but this effort, in my opinion, is wasted. Toady has declared his codebase his own, doesn't want open source contributions. Whilst we can mod it through memory hacks, it doesn't seem like his intention to release control.

There are better games.

Edit: Look to Rimworld for modding support, or any number of other games that emrace outside contributions now. Normally it starts with mods that become popular, the developer realizes it's a good idea, and includes it. This isn't happening, his priorities seem to be on the tedious, and whilst imaginative people say it's the best and most complex game ever, it isn't.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:57:33 am by grotball »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:58 am »

You sound like a genuinely nice guy Amos, but this effort, in my opinion, is wasted. Toady has declared his codebase his own, doesn't want open source contributions. Whilst we can mod it through memory hacks, it doesn't seem like his intention to release control.

There are better games.

Edit: Look to Rimworld for modding support, or any number of other games that emrace outside contributions now. Normally it starts with mods that become popular, the developer realizes it's a good idea, and includes it. This isn't happening, his priorities seem to be on the tedious, and whilst imaginative people say it's the best and most complex game ever, it isn't.

Dude this is the modding board, Toady has next to nothing to do with anything here. Unless you somehow meant Meph?
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2017, 07:42:31 am »

Amostubal,
Thank you for picking up the MDF baton.  I was assuming you were a long time fan who saw a need.  I have been extremely impressed with how you have managed this project.  Your work brought me back to DF after over a year of not playing.
Sincerely,
Altaree
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2017, 07:48:18 am »

There are better games.

Dude this is the modding board, Toady has next to nothing to do with anything here. Unless you somehow meant Meph?

Now, now, LMeire, He's right, Toady is like a several game creators I met in the past, controlling his creation and heading toward a vision, etc.  The difference Toady is a nice guy too.  He's made a lot of this project open source, and has answered many questions on the details of what is going on internally.  He could of squashed the entire modding community by shoving the raws back internally and obfuscating the memory better.   But I think he knows that a large portion of the constantly remaining base is here because of things like Masterwork and DFHack. 

What I was saying is we make these things that keep people coming back.  I play vanilla from time to time to remind myself what vanilla DF is.  I don't do what I do to get Toady to put it into the game, I do what I do to make something for the community to enjoy.  I know tomorrow Toady could put out a new version that breaks everything I do... and if we can't create around that environment, I'll probably move on to the next game world I can play with, or pass away who knows how much longer these old bones have. 

Amostubal,
Thank you for picking up the MDF baton.  I was assuming you were a long time fan who saw a need.  I have been extremely impressed with how you have managed this project.  Your work brought me back to DF after over a year of not playing.
Sincerely,
Altaree
Thank you, Altaree, that is what keeps me working!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2017, 06:01:53 pm »

Sounds like you might need to take a breather for a bit mate.  The work you've done so far is top-notch. This is seriously the most stable version of MW I have ever enjoyed.  That said, it is the culmination of many years of work.  Meph himself has always worked in bursts, so expecting that you can keep going without a break is unrealistic.

Lastly, on a business note; Do you know offhand how the MW-specific additions like Carpet & Decorations are displayed in other tilesets? (if at all).  I got to wondering after I noticed that Plump Helmet Men (the mod, not the vanilla ones) appeared as amorphous purple dots in the 32x Meph tileset.  Although my monitor is nowhere near 4k, so that might have something to do with it as well.  I'm also wondering if there an option to set the Invader & Visitor cap.  LNP has this, but I don't see it in the MW menu. Edit: I found the visitor & invader number settings in the 'd_init' file.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:09:59 pm by Immortal-D »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2017, 07:15:11 pm »

Sounds like you might need to take a breather for a bit mate.  The work you've done so far is top-notch. This is seriously the most stable version of MW I have ever enjoyed.  That said, it is the culmination of many years of work.  Meph himself has always worked in bursts, so expecting that you can keep going without a break is unrealistic.

Lastly, on a business note; Do you know offhand how the MW-specific additions like Carpet & Decorations are displayed in other tilesets? (if at all).  I got to wondering after I noticed that Plump Helmet Men (the mod, not the vanilla ones) appeared as amorphous purple dots in the 32x Meph tileset.  Although my monitor is nowhere near 4k, so that might have something to do with it as well.  I'm also wondering if there an option to set the Invader & Visitor cap.  LNP has this, but I don't see it in the MW menu. Edit: I found the visitor & invader number settings in the 'd_init' file.

basically the meph decorations should only be visible in non-ascii tilesets.  In ascii tilesets their overrides are disables so they should revert to generic symbols of those sets.  The graphic sets of 16x16 and up have the overrides in, but if your not running twbt those overrides wont appear,  they should resize to fit that tileset. and as far as I tested they did, but if not I need images to test them.  A lot of creatures actually don't change between sets because they utilize "graphic overrides" in the raw/graphics folder that are used across all but when graphics are off in the d.init file(thats actually what the sprite switch does, it turns off all the raw/graphics folder overrides).  the reason ascii's looked so bad in MDF was the TWBT overrides were still in place, and the sprite graphics still on.  The last upload fixed that.

As for the rest of what you have said I agree... thats why I'm looking for more people to work with me.  1 person is guaranteed to burn out.  Shoot I've almost gave up once already.  I'm taking a break, a backseat role a bit this summer, I expect people to step up.  Currently I have 5 people working with me and that's better than some projects I've manned before. 

So on to an announcement:  I've opened up the launcher to outsider assistance.  Its on github also... and additionally its all been grouped together as an organization.

https://github.com/Modified-MW-DF

I'm going around and updating a few links.  So that they can be aligned with the new repository settings.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2017, 07:36:25 pm »

Oh please oh please, elves!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29