Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84864 times)

evil_pigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2017, 07:46:52 am »

So does anyone know why the 7 sins curses are crashing worldgen? It seems to work fine on vanilla DF when I tested it but not on masterwork apparently

bro918

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »

Hi guys just started playing modified MW a few days ago and have noticed these messages popping up regarding dwarf skill changes. Its nice to see when a swordsman levels up but this is just too much.

That said, does anyone know how to not show rusty skill changes? I checked the Dfhack manual a bit and couldnt see anything relating to these new announcements so im not completely sure where its from or how to disable it.

Zharg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2017, 12:18:26 am »

Hi there, I've recently started playing DF again and a friend recomended me Masterwork.
I'm having problems with one of the mods "Earth Strikes back". My miners keep getting attacked by Awakened Soil things (My best one even died).
Is there any way to turn it off manually? I'm sure I had it off on the interface but somehow this keeps happening.
I'd hate to have to keep a military squad posted near my miners. This thing is seriously annoying. I havent even finished my first year and had half a dozen of attacks already and i've not gone deeper then 6 levels
Awesome work on the design by the way

andrian

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »

Alright, so I have figured out something about my crash. Apparently it isn't happening every time I view a citizen. However, sometimes, when I view a citizen, instead of showing me that citizen's skills on the general screen, I just get a blank empty screen. This is the point of no return and attempting to do anything, such as switch screens or leave the menu will cause a crash.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2017, 08:47:37 am »

Hi there, I've recently started playing DF again and a friend recomended me Masterwork.
I'm having problems with one of the mods "Earth Strikes back". My miners keep getting attacked by Awakened Soil things (My best one even died).
Is there any way to turn it off manually? I'm sure I had it off on the interface but somehow this keeps happening.
I'd hate to have to keep a military squad posted near my miners. This thing is seriously annoying. I havent even finished my first year and had half a dozen of attacks already and i've not gone deeper then 6 levels
Check out the file "Readme - Mod - The Earth strikes back!.txt" in the "Readmes of included mods" directory.

I think you are looking for "save/[savename]/raw/onLoad.init".  Find the line that starts with "tesb-job-monitor".  Since I have the mod disabled, this line is commented out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Zharg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2017, 12:03:43 am »

Check out the file "Readme - Mod - The Earth strikes back!.txt" in the "Readmes of included mods" directory.

I think you are looking for "save/[savename]/raw/onLoad.init".  Find the line that starts with "tesb-job-monitor".  Since I have the mod disabled, this line is commented out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks! Will try

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 03, 2017, 01:13:47 am »

I guess the Anvil change is what did this, but I have definitely noticed that Kobolds now survive through worldgen much more reliably, meaning reliable trade and immigrants in this cruel world. Thank you so much for the fix, and thanks for making Cobalt and Bonemold usable again.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2017, 01:50:37 am »

I've booted this thing up, set my basic preferences for saves and such, enabled humans for fort mode, now every time I try and start dwarf mode my game crashes when loading " text characters "

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2017, 02:32:16 am »

https://puu.sh/x0mw5/60adcf6ce7.png What on earth is this bug?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2017, 09:02:33 am »

Looks like the language bug from Meph's release, I personally haven't seen it since switching to the unofficial patch.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2017, 07:23:04 pm »

I've booted this thing up, set my basic preferences for saves and such, enabled humans for fort mode, now every time I try and start dwarf mode my game crashes when loading " text characters "

yeah verify you are running 1.29... because thats the old bug in 1.23... and it was fixed in 1.24b...

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »

yeah verify you are running 1.29... because thats the old bug in 1.23... and it was fixed in 1.24b...
The mosaic barf bug is caused by more than the added dictionary.  It can still occur under other circumstances, with a variety of fixes.
When I had it, I fixed it by deleting plays.tv which gets bundled with Raptr, some people have said this works, while it hasn't worked for others.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2017, 09:20:07 pm »

Hi.  Just started playing MWDF again since 1.23.  Is there a reason that Therapist now says Orc castes have different xp bonuses from before, and that those bonuses are not unique among the different castes and don't really make a lot of sense anymore?  Was this change intentional?  If so, is there anywhere on the forum that discusses the reasoning behind these changes?

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2017, 10:35:32 pm »

Hi.  Just started playing MWDF again since 1.23.  Is there a reason that Therapist now says Orc castes have different xp bonuses from before, and that those bonuses are not unique among the different castes and don't really make a lot of sense anymore?  Was this change intentional?  If so, is there anywhere on the forum that discusses the reasoning behind these changes?
Therapist doesn't accurately show XP bonuses anymore.  Everything should be the same as it was.

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2017, 08:40:19 am »

Ohh, I've been struggling with an outdated version -
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29