Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84408 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2017, 01:25:41 am »

(though I only did so AFTER world gen, does that matter?)

The GUI functions are literally altering your raws so yes you do need to regen a world for any changes to take effect.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2017, 10:39:33 am »

Okay, disabling embark anywhere on the embark screen was simple and worked like magic. No need to edit any files whatsoever.

However, new question!  :)

I've noticed that a lot of races aren't selectable for adventure mode even though their civs haven't died out and even though I enabled them for adventure mode in the Masterwork GUI (though I only did so AFTER world gen, does that matter?) For instance, I can't choose humans or elves for adventure mode. Their world pops are really low (under 500) but their civs exist and have sites.

In the case of orcs (and goblins and some others) I can only choose them as adventurers belonging to a pandashi (!?) civ. Orc and goblin civs do exist in the world, but only Pandashi ones are selectable. The same is true for vampires, a Pandashi vampire is my only option. Does anyone have an idea why? There are actual vampire civs and they're active and warring other civs...

Also, is there anything I can do to enable more options for adventure mode? I'd reeeeally like to select an elf and help save them from extinction... maybe with the psychic secrets slab my dwarven adventurer left in a dwarven library :D

What lmeire said and look in the gui also for more adventurers or something like that, you can turn on literally hundreds of adventure options that i added that option specifically for, to remove the clutter.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:37 am »

Hi, thanks for the x64 update!, I have a few issues with distilling some mushrooms, the reactions to make alcohol are not there, i have the mushrooms, the barrels and everyting is set to make alcohol, but there is no recipie.

This happens with White Caps, Glow Caps, Blue Caps, Toadstold and Dimple Cup, maybe some others.

Any help?
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:17 am »

Use rock pots instead of barrels. You can still brew the drinks with regular barrels If you use the generic "brew a drink" reaction, but to brew specific alchohols you need rock pots.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »

Do dimple cups brew into a drink? I didn't think they did.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2017, 03:44:00 pm »

They don't unfortunately. They exist solely to be made into dye.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:42 pm »

Use rock pots instead of barrels. You can still brew the drinks with regular barrels If you use the generic "brew a drink" reaction, but to brew specific alchohols you need rock pots.

Ahah! I was wondering why the option to brew some drinks didn't pop up at times. Rock pots are awesome overall - they let you trade food with elves. There are times when you really want to trade with elves... like that one time they brought a pet worth 30K dorfbucks.  :o

Something different: I once had an adventurer who, when visiting sites with hostile creatures in them, would occasionally see magma spawn out of literally nowhere to burn the hostile population. Not just once or twice, but literally every time she visited a site with hostile entities in it. The magma spawned as if there was an invisible magmawell in midair - 4 points (N, S, E, W) where it would spawn with a depth of 4, and flow downward. It can't have been a bug because it never happened in friendly zones. Also, it always spawned at a location with hostiles. So... I guess a deity was involved? The adventurer in question happened to worship a god of fire and volcanoes.

I wonder... was this a vanilla or a Masterwork feature?

As an aside, my dwarven fortress (of the same world as the aforementioned adventurer) would sometimes see visiting jotunn traders be set on fire for no apparent reason. It was actually kind of a pain because the resulting smoke would mess up the pathing of my dwarves, leading to lots of job cancellation messages. This only ever happened with jotunns, no other races - maybe because they couldn't exactly be considered 'allies'? They tend to raid everyone, after all...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:14:36 pm by Saeldanya »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2017, 02:43:05 pm »

Ahah! I was wondering why the option to brew some drinks didn't pop up at times. Rock pots are awesome overall - they let you trade food with elves. There are times when you really want to trade with elves... like that one time they brought a pet worth 30K dorfbucks.  :o

Something different: I once had an adventurer who, when visiting sites with hostile creatures in them, would occasionally see magma spawn out of literally nowhere to burn the hostile population. Not just once or twice, but literally every time she visited a site with hostile entities in it. The magma spawned as if there was an invisible magmawell in midair - 4 points (N, S, E, W) where it would spawn with a depth of 4, and flow downward. It can't have been a bug because it never happened in friendly zones. Also, it always spawned at a location with hostiles. So... I guess a deity was involved? The adventurer in question happened to worship a god of fire and volcanoes.

I wonder... was this a vanilla or a Masterwork feature?

As an aside, my dwarven fortress (of the same world as the aforementioned adventurer) would sometimes see visiting jotunn traders be set on fire for no apparent reason. It was actually kind of a pain because the resulting smoke would mess up the pathing of my dwarves, leading to lots of job cancellation messages. This only ever happened with jotunns, no other races - maybe because they couldn't exactly be considered 'allies'? They tend to raid everyone, after all...

no such god effects exist in mdf...

Jotuns will fry if the temp doesn't drop into low or freezing during the activity period...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2017, 05:29:32 pm »

... Why is the caste system all borked? I've got Craftsdwarfs getting their XP bonus in shit like Fish Cleaning and Wax Making and other guilds are getting their bonuses in similarly random skills.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 24, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

It's just a therapist bug. Therapist says that guilds are gaining bonus xp from the wrong skills, but in actuality everything is working as intended.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:53 pm »

lol heydude.... I've almost started replying to those with... no their working as intended enjoy your fish.  How many times have we said that the therapist is broken?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »

No idea, definitely a lot though. The thing is, though we like to talk about searching up a problem first before posting about it in the thread, the masterwork community is too small for that to really be viable. Let me show you an example right here.

Problem is, none of those links are relevant to the issue at hand. So it makes sense that people will ask in the thread. When I was first getting into masterwork (please note, I did play a lot of vanilla before then), I asked stupid questions as well such as one related to black lung.

Newbie questions are just a part of this project and we need to learn how to deal with it.

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 25, 2017, 02:31:53 am »

That being said, the last Therapist build posted by Clément in the Therapist thread works perfectly fine for me and solves the castes bug:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7570014#msg7570014

Also make sure to read this:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7571098#msg7571098

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2017, 07:58:15 am »

Well I did my glancing around before asking, so no apology from me. Thanks for the solution as well.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 25, 2017, 08:05:04 am »

It's fine, you don't need to apologize. As I said before, searching things up isn't really viable here so it makes sense that you would ask a question.

FAKEDIT: Perhaps in hindsight, I shouldn't have used the phrase "stupid question" in my previous post.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29