Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84816 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #405 on: November 08, 2017, 04:48:22 pm »

I like how many people in the community don't even know about this supposed community stigma.
its not here that much on the bay12 forums, but its present in the other DF communities (he isn't very well liked in the modding community especially).
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2017, 05:09:06 pm »

Why isn't he liked, and why are there other DF communities?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2017, 05:12:34 pm »

Why isn't he liked, and why are there other DF communities?
1. its a bunch of stuff like, having a pateron for a mod compilation (from mods he didn't make), completely ignoring everything dwarf fortress related. go to the reporting meph pateron post for more
2. I was talking more like stuff outside the forums, not individual communities.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2017, 06:23:54 pm »

Well, i got a nice world with all the playable races, so I'm happy for now. 

I don't totally remember what I'm doing, looks like the first fort will have about 50/50 chance of making it a year (the usual problems -- tower zombies and lack of water supply).  Probably would have been dead already if not for that handy new "do this task immediately" button to finish the gate lever while zombies were on the map.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »

Well, i got a nice world with all the playable races, so I'm happy for now. 

I don't totally remember what I'm doing, looks like the first fort will have about 50/50 chance of making it a year (the usual problems -- tower zombies and lack of water supply).  Probably would have been dead already if not for that handy new "do this task immediately" button to finish the gate lever while zombies were on the map.

OMG! Smakems!   I thought you was gone for good.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2017, 10:29:06 pm »

Hey!  Yeah the kids are good enough about bedtime now that I get some gaming in.  Mrs. Smak saw me playing Shadow of War a couple days ago and asked if it was a new visualizer for orc fortress :) 

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »

Is there yet a way to "un-nerf" invasions?  I've slowly stopped playing, as I haven't been invaded in like a year real-time, I'm losing my basis for lording a sense of superiority over my kids for playing Minecraft  ;)

I understand it was a change made in the base DF vanilla, but wondering if one can turn it up to 11.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »

Decrease the size of the world and/or the number of sites; the former gives the armies less ground to cover while the latter means civs run out of peaceful methods of expansion faster and start more wars, which has the side-effect of increasing the number of deaths and generating more 'Mancy Towers.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »

Is there yet a way to "un-nerf" invasions?  I've slowly stopped playing, as I haven't been invaded in like a year real-time, I'm losing my basis for lording a sense of superiority over my kids for playing Minecraft  ;)

I understand it was a change made in the base DF vanilla, but wondering if one can turn it up to 11.

Are you playing humans? Because there's some weird issue where they only get invaded by megabeasts and tower inhabitants.

With other races, I've noticed it can take a while for potential enemies to start noticing you. With my last dorf fortress I waited like 2 years for beak wolves and ferris elves to start sending their very first one-squad parties, and then another year before they sent bigger groups. Fortress wealth was high long before that point. Having taverns might help with getting noticed faster, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.

You could always activate more of the optional fortress defense races, too.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2017, 08:19:41 am »

Oh, hello!

After troubled times, I have some brain time free to play df again. I am barely catching up with all the good work from Amostubal with the scripting and it seems that we have a major update around the corner.

Once everything is in order, it will be succubus time.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2017, 08:33:26 am »

Oh, hello!

After troubled times, I have some brain time free to play df again. I am barely catching up with all the good work from Amostubal with the scripting and it seems that we have a major update around the corner.

Once everything is in order, it will be succubus time.

Nice to see you around again!  I was afraid you had slipped away from us... even though I'm not updating MMDF anymore.  I'm glad to know you are ok!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 14, 2017, 10:26:29 pm »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress v00.00.01 alpha version 1.

Welcome to my newest embarked on project.  Legendary Dwarf Fortress is a multi race; fortress playable; adventure playable mod pack based on the works of ZM5, Grimlocke, and various other modders.  It's thematically a Warcraft/Dragon's Dogma cross over that plans to flesh out all the various entities provided to us by the ZM5 mod packs. 

Links:
Github Release Page - https://github.com/LegendaryDwarfFortress/LDF/releases
DF Forums Link - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168221.0

additional Information in the links above!

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2017, 09:57:18 am »

Nice, I will concentrate on vanilla and make sure it will be compatible with your project.

I see a few new scripts that has been developed and I need to check if adding syndromes through dfhack is still troublesome.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:52 am »

Awesome.. I've been so busy with it,  I've been meaning to contact you Boltgun and see if you wanted in,  I have a few players that would love to see your work in there.

I was thinking of asking Smakemupagus, if he planned on taking Orcfort back up.  Hit us up on the discord below and we can discuss it if you have the time.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:00 pm »

I don't want to make too much committments, because i'm still pretty busy, but yes I'll probably look into whatever it takes to port over Orc Fortress at least to the new vanilla version, and you all are welcome to use all or pieces for your new project (and I can help a bit as needed of course).  I consider it pretty much feature complete, but of course it's always fun to tinker. 

If I find time to do serious modding I would probably take up another race rather than re-learn how to do all the DFHack shenanigans.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29