Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84964 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24c (43.05 x64)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2017, 08:49:54 pm »

Solved it. I removed the Lua environment variables and restarted my computer.    :-[

glad you figured it out... even installation can be an adventure full of !!FUN!!.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 01:01:30 pm »

spoilers on new entity file appearance.

I just finished up modding the entity_good_dwarf.txt file, its sleak its fast, its smaller, with better feature handling, easier to read, easier to understand, and in the end just looks better.  In current tests all buildings and reactions exist as they should with no loss.  15% file reduction, removal of several duplicate lines and unnecessary "noise" in the file.  take a look, comment please.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2017, 04:32:45 am »

Not sure if this is the right thread however I've just had a few "Incandescent dolomite" creatures spawn in the magma sea and proceed to drown.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2017, 07:09:31 am »

Not sure if this is the right thread however I've just had a few "Incandescent dolomite" creatures spawn in the magma sea and proceed to drown.

was you digging in dolomite? and do you have The earth strikes back mod on or off (3 options, I need to know all 3 of them).  did they spawn at the top left corner in the magma sea or did they appear in the middle of the map somewhere?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 10:28:27 am »

This was in earlier versions too (since Meph added his own tileset) when I change to Phoebus tileset, some items like stepladder and wheelbarrows are upside down ? mark instead of using twbt icons.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 02:21:00 pm »

I would fix that... but I really have no understanding of image work... that's an area I've not spent much time on... and what I did spend it on was workshop creations.  I'm going to leave any graphic issues for the graphic people that can figure it out.  if they produce something that fixes an issue, I'll add it in.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 03:37:44 am »

was you digging in dolomite? and do you have The earth strikes back mod on or off (3 options, I need to know all 3 of them).  did they spawn at the top left corner in the magma sea or did they appear in the middle of the map somewhere?
1. Don't believe so.
2. I have Earth Strikes back & Secrets on.
3. Top right, edge of the map.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 06:34:05 am »

Interesting, I'll have to look into it... they are suppose to be set to swim in magma, at least they didn't melt.  They were probably a part of wild life roaming around... I'm not home right now or if look up their raws.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:24 am »

I did, after 2 days, get through the entity_good_human.txt in clean up. I'll be looking at reactions and building now.  I'm trying to see how far I get while waiting for meph's official return.  If I don't hear from him by the time I get the buildings and reactions separated and clean, I'll post that as version 1.24d, we are talking a week of work to complete, easily.  If he returns before I finish it, I'll hand over the cleaned files to him.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 08:46:43 am »

Thanks for continuing the work there. Meph seems to be gone a little longer than usual this time without a check-in. You'd figure he'd atleast throw an "i'm alive" up on the patreon. With the reactons cleaned up a bit, Modding would be a lot more hassle-free than it has been.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 10:57:22 am »

He's alive.  From the feeds I've been 'stalking':
April 18th -
Back in Germany; planning the next tour. Besides some UL hiking and mountaineering I'd like to visit East Africa later this year. Maybe Algeria too. :)
13 countries left in Africa. 5 left in Asia. Rest is islands...

I have much respect for him, and his work here has been huge...

on further note, I'm just about done cleaning the trade shop reactions(I'd say 95%) for humans and dwarves.  recombined them, renamed them appropriately, fixed their titles, separated out their buildings.  I came across several errors, where reaction names were 'corrupted' etc. basically ensuring right now that each race has the same "items" it has currently for buy/sell, and that they appear in the "same" order.

I came across one error, the pet purchases for humans produces a named critter... one on the animal list, but can't be trained or butchered.  I'm trying to find the correct flags right now to make it appear as stray XXXX (tame) so the dogs can be turned into war animals.... and so that animals purchased can be butchered. -fixed, sort of.  more investigation, produced worse information, actually the named dog is trainable etc.  but its fully wild and unfriendly.... well I have it kicked the name off the unit (it shows up when you "v"iew it and its a number.... so I put the name back, and made them "tame" which apparently sets it to semi-wild, which at least wont attack your other animals or units.  and its trainable etc....FUN.

Considering slapping a few cleanup sell reactions to reduce the number of reactions(why have in stone 10+ sells for the same price, just create 1 sell that takes any stone, with detail selection that will sell at lowest price.  keep the higher price individual sells.  same for gems, plants, etc. I could probably clean out 1/4th the reactions..  plus these "any" reactions will be able to clean up/out a lot more items. 

after that moving on to pottery. It crosses 3 entity files, and is contained in the Kobold race reaction file.... which means it really needs its own file, and cleaned names, made more readable.  And personally its a personal issue I've manhandled in the past... now I want to finish it off...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:16:06 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2017, 11:13:56 am »

New, user, is it known whether graphics are still broken in 43.05? Trying to run this vs of MW with Phoebus tileset and creature sprites gives the 'GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog' crash and error at the 'Loading Graphics' step of new world generation. My specific options chosen are:

Color - Phoebus
Print mode - TWBT
Font - default
Tileset - Phoebus 16x16
Truetype font - OFF
Creature sprites - ON
TWBT Font - Phoebus
Z levels - 5

Thank you in advance.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 01:07:30 am »

New, user, is it known whether graphics are still broken in 43.05? Trying to run this vs of MW with Phoebus tileset and creature sprites gives the 'GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog' crash and error at the 'Loading Graphics' step of new world generation. My specific options chosen are:

Color - Phoebus
Print mode - TWBT
Font - default
Tileset - Phoebus 16x16
Truetype font - OFF
Creature sprites - ON
TWBT Font - Phoebus
Z levels - 5

Thank you in advance.
sorry I missed this.  can anyone else confirm the issue.  I'm heading to bed, I'll look into it sometime tomorrow.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 08:12:30 pm »

Is this normal?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 08:53:55 pm »

lol.... what the hell happened?  can you provide steps to it?  It looks like you have friendly corpse pieces... I've never even seen the cheese men...  they may not have a nervous center, or one in every section... I'm just not sure what that is.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29