Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 85055 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24e (43.05 x64)
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »

Okay new version is up with the rest of the entity/reaction pages cleaned up... Its as cleaned up as its going to get... succubus corruption and human pet shop have been updated and will now properly work, as does succubus summon... if you have any issues with these please send me the errorlog.txt, stderr.txt etc... post pictures etc!

next version will be version 1.25.  If your interested in collaborating on any projects, let me know, I've got a github repository of the entire mwdf system, including the html docs, the scripts, the raws, the dfhack, all the other fun bits... if you want to directly input over there, send me a message and I'll make sure you get a link.  Anyways, other than that I'm rather pleased with the work so far and am going to take a break from coding for a weekend!

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2017, 10:58:24 am »

okay fixed the zip link, and added the repo link to the main document.  I need to know if anyone has issues with that zip.  using that I wont have to re upload a zip every new version.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2017, 05:11:21 am »

Hello, how would I go about disabling rendermax? Dfhack command, "rendermax disable" does not seem to work, and there is no tick in the settings that I noticed.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2017, 07:37:52 pm »

Hello, how would I go about disabling rendermax? Dfhack command, "rendermax disable" does not seem to work, and there is no tick in the settings that I noticed.

you can only diasble rendermax if you are running in print mode:standard, otherwise its not running at all.  What problems do you think is coming from rendermax?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

peezimaru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2017, 05:29:34 am »

don't know if anyone's aware of it, or for how long it's been a problem, but the quern reactions for milling specific crops doesn't want to work. digging through the raws, it seems like there's a problem with what the product calls for.
Quinoa for example:
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:FLOUR_MAT]

Is calling for the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT for flour, but there's no such thing for any crop, only for things like drink and seed.

[PLANT:QUINOA] Chenopodium quinoa
   [NAME:quinoa][NAME_PLURAL:quinoa][ADJ:quinoa]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

Later on for Quinoa and for other grains there's this:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:quinoa flour]

So i tinkered around and added

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FLOUR_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]

to the list of reaction products, which seemed to fix it. It did create a stack of 3 flour in one bag, not sure if that's the intended result but at least it's a step in the right direction. So I think to generally fix the quern not working, that line would have to be added for every crop that has a flour or dye product, or there'd have to be some change to how the specific reactions are written, though I'm not well-versed in this stuff enough to know how to go about that.
If you want, I could try to go through the crop files tomorrow if nobody else is up to it, let me know if that's something you're interested in.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2017, 10:14:57 am »

don't know if anyone's aware of it, or for how long it's been a problem, but the quern reactions for milling specific crops doesn't want to work. digging through the raws, it seems like there's a problem with what the product calls for.
Quinoa for example:
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:FLOUR_MAT]

Is calling for the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT for flour, but there's no such thing for any crop, only for things like drink and seed.

Later on for Quinoa and for other grains there's this:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:quinoa flour]

So i tinkered around and added

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FLOUR_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]

to the list of reaction products, which seemed to fix it. It did create a stack of 3 flour in one bag, not sure if that's the intended result but at least it's a step in the right direction. So I think to generally fix the quern not working, that line would have to be added for every crop that has a flour or dye product, or there'd have to be some change to how the specific reactions are written, though I'm not well-versed in this stuff enough to know how to go about that.
If you want, I could try to go through the crop files tomorrow if nobody else is up to it, let me know if that's something you're interested in.

interesting... that's something new to look into, I'll see if I can't come to a full fix and have in the next update.  Thank you.

things currently complete for the next update:

warpstone gems - will properly spawn periodically while digging stone layers and weak warpstone. fixed and condensed the scripts that performed those actions.

The Earth Strikes Back! - updated to properly function, it should be (fairly) stable.  hidden gems should appear when digging appropriate stone layers and awakened stones/wyrms will also appear properly.  Be ware its a mine its not your mine! lol.... yeah in testing discovered beserked wyrms can kill your miner fast, so the mod will be set to off in the standard (starting) options, so as not to upset new/unsuspecting players. additionally fixed the dfhack console commands... so if you are interested in an advanced hard mode fortress just type into the DFHack console....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and be prepared...

things on the to-do list:
figure out why full-heal command throws errors from time to time... they don't seem to affect the results, but its annoying seeing the red when I'm testing out deadly things...
this quern activity issue mentioned above.
Someone told me random creature wasn't working, but thats all I was told, I'm investigating it to see what he was talking about.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »

and I've already discovered the error, by downloading the last version of modest mod.... apparently at some point (who knows when) the plants were reverted to pre modest mod versions... I went back as far as 1.19 and the issue has been there that long....  you just was the first to spot it... interesting enough, I've made sure the reactions showed up but never bother to actually make anything with them, because I assumed they were still working... since you know no one bother to say hey they aren't working... lol.

I'll update the files to include the proper line, but if you want to mod your save the line is:

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FLOUR_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] <=== additional line in Modest Mod

just as you suspected.  the interesting thing is that while I was playing with it, I found by adding the line to the "PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE" made all the specific reactions accessible... they just wouldn't produce anything, funny enough considering that a similar trick is used for soap, leather, oil etc... I don't know if it was because I was running tests on an old fort, or what... so I'm going to just try it that way on a new fort creation this afternoon, if it works then that is the route I'm going to take since that would be WAY easier then to find and edit every plant that these reactions use... If it doesn't work, well then I'm going to go around plant by plant adding the lines.... the modest mod versions of the files would conflict with other additions to the masterwork plant files.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2017, 05:14:12 pm »

found the perfect answer... okat the DYE_MAT, FLOUR_MAT, and SUGAR_MAT only occur in the modest mill mod.... so placing them in anything else wont effect the functionality of that script or any other script, as the vanilla functions operate off of "Fixed reactions" that target through a different process.

so go to material_template_default.txt

go to:
[TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]

and add in:
Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FLOUR_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] Modest Mod
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SUGAR_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] Modest Mod
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DYE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] Modest Mod

to pretty much anywhere after that before the next template is defined.

I was just putting it in the wrong place... It has to be defined prior to the powder being defined.  the powder being defined, links it to this in the first structure template that is called inside of that plant.   which means it becomes completely compatible with all the current scripts involving those files (the issue is that all the files have tile definitions, so every graphic pack redefines those files, so every time, you switch a graphic set in it replaces any changes you make to those particular files, unless you go back and completely rewrite "ALL" the plant_crop, plant_standard, etc files.

there may be additional issues (such as missing alcohol, or something else). If anything isn't working with a mass brew/mass mill and you want me to look into just point out the individual... but this fix should correct 95%+ of the issues, involving them... and its only 3 lines to add so shouldn't cause any other issues.  8)

heading on to the next issue.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

peezimaru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 05:31:09 pm »

Great job man, I was trying to find a way similar to what you did but couldn't figure anything out. The vanilla mill command worked fine, so there had to be some kind of reaction process that works somewhere.

Thanks for the hard work.  :)

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2017, 05:53:43 pm »

you can only diasble rendermax if you are running in print mode:standard, otherwise its not running at all.  What problems do you think is coming from rendermax?
Thanks, I'll try using mode:standard. Rendermax was running for me by default.
There is no problem coming from it, I simply like the classic view more, it's not as distracting I guess? Maybe I just haven't gotten used to it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:05:23 pm by SuicideRey »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »

Thanks, I'll try using mode:standard. Rendermax was running for me by default.
There is no problem coming from it, I simply like the classic view more, it's not as distracting I guess? Maybe I just haven't gotten used to it.

okay, when you say classic view you mean ascii?  Rendermax is specifically a standard mode mod that produces light effects inside and under ground.

Great job man, I was trying to find a way similar to what you did but couldn't figure anything out. The vanilla mill command worked fine, so there had to be some kind of reaction process that works somewhere.

Thanks for the hard work.  :)

your welcome.  I figured out the full-heal error too, sent it to DFHack, so if anyone likes to full-heal their early embark members that works.

about to start moving through the random creatures and see whats going on there.
and I was also pointed toward an issue with grudgeon fish not being edible.... that one might be hard to test... does anyone else ever seen that issue?

another thing I was thinking about when I was looking at the warpstone script... it would be easy to move the fossils, relics, old chests, blood of armok, tears of armok over there (they were originally suppose to be special hidden gems that would appear randomly as you dig around) I can even establish that certain veins have higher rates of drops (simulating old brick wall veins etc that have higher chance of clusters of these gems, would have higher random rates).  It would change the process a bit, where instead of reveal->prospect... you would instead hunt in the right type of "stone" to discover them.  It was a really powerful script.

anyone else having issues that they would like me to look at?  I currently have all the red errors I had fixed (except 1 that is not my error, its roses, I don't even know if we are using the roses script in anyway shape or form).

I do plan to start testing another script addition, that would allow the removal of vanilla buildings at some point this week or next week. It would be a nice addition to the repository of scripts we have for future races/changes in current races.

I am really enjoying the feedback from everyone.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2017, 05:53:26 am »

Woo! I went missing for a month and I come back to find out you picked up Masterwork... Thank you very much, I'll try it out now and send feedback asap.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2017, 07:03:06 am »

Woo! I went missing for a month and I come back to find out you picked up Masterwork... Thank you very much, I'll try it out now and send feedback asap.

Welcome back IlFedaykin!  glad to see you coming around.  I'm pushing past errors as fast as I can, I plan a next release either this evening or tonight after I test a couple more features and check a couple more things.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

fuzzywarbles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2017, 09:36:54 am »

First off,  I only got into DF Masterwork recently but I appreciate all the work everyone does to keep it running. 

Does anyone else have an issue with the guild/caste dwarfs in v1.24e not having skills that match their profession?   i.e.  Crafting guild has boost to fishing and gemcut  or the legionnaire having a boost to carpentry and beekeeping.  The skills are correct in the 43.03 original version from Dec 9th but I was having other issues with that which your updates have fixed. 

I've had the same issues in v1.24d and v1.24e and tried to redownload and unzip them separately with the skills still not showing up correct.  I looked in the raw files and it *seems* to my untrained eye that the skills are set correctly under the guild dwarf professions but yet they show up incorrect in game. 

Any thoughts about how to fix this myself or am I the only one having this issue?

Second question I have is that using Meph tileset the minecarts show up as black tiles.  Anyone know a quick fix for that issue?  I saw a post about inverting colors but was not sure if that would work.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:55:58 am by fuzzywarbles »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2017, 01:56:56 pm »

First off,  I only got into DF Masterwork recently but I appreciate all the work everyone does to keep it running. 

Does anyone else have an issue with the guild/caste dwarfs in v1.24e not having skills that match their profession?   i.e.  Crafting guild has boost to fishing and gemcut  or the legionnaire having a boost to carpentry and beekeeping.  The skills are correct in the 43.03 original version from Dec 9th but I was having other issues with that which your updates have fixed. 

I've had the same issues in v1.24d and v1.24e and tried to redownload and unzip them separately with the skills still not showing up correct.  I looked in the raw files and it *seems* to my untrained eye that the skills are set correctly under the guild dwarf professions but yet they show up incorrect in game. 

Any thoughts about how to fix this myself or am I the only one having this issue?

how do you see this?  those raws have not been changed and shows the correct settings.  but I've hade people say Dwarf Therapist shows that... which is a Dwarf therapist issue... I can't fix that.

Second question I have is that using Meph tileset the minecarts show up as black tiles.  Anyone know a quick fix for that issue?  I saw a post about inverting colors but was not sure if that would work.

known issue, Meph was half way complete with the work when he went on his trip and hasn't returned.... I'm not an artist and I don't want to mess up his work on the tileset.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29