Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84402 times)

Tracker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24b (43.05 x64) test version
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »

Each of the guilds shows the wrong skill bonuses in Therapist:

http://imgur.com/MzdKdt1
here''s men underground/who have never seen the sun/but they really know how to party/they raise their wooden pints/and they yoik and sing/and they fight and they dance ''till morning

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 09:31:10 pm »

Each of the guilds shows the wrong skill bonuses in Therapist:

http://imgur.com/MzdKdt1

interesting from the creature_civ_dwarf:
*MASONS GUILD* This dwarf is member of the most prominent of all dwarven guilds, the masons. Working with stone is an age old tradition among dwarven society and the masons guild has honed this skill to perfection. Members learn masonry, engraving and mining, as well as skills like architecture and archeology.

so the line after archeology, must be pulling from somewhere else... its probably an auto built line.  the caste section of skills for masons guild:
  YESGUILDHALL[SKILL_RATE:MINING:200:0:0:0]           
YESGUILDHALL[SKILL_RATE:DESIGNBUILDING:200:0:0:0]       
 YESGUILDHALL[SKILL_RATE:MASONRY:200:0:0:0]         
 YESGUILDHALL[SKILL_RATE:STONECRAFT:200:0:0:0]         
YESGUILDHALL[SKILL_RATE:DETAILSTONE:200:0:0:0]

which covers the appropriate skills for the guild.

so that would be a dwarf therapist issue, not a masterwork issue.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2017, 11:12:58 am »

so, i'm playing as Succubi, and a whole bunch of people are showing as having no Succibi language name, although their translated name shows up fine. My latest game even has this happening to an entire civ.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2017, 04:43:43 pm »

Noted. 
I'll have a talk with boltgun.  It looks like he brought back an old language file in his modpack. its circa masterwork 1.20 I think, pre-installation of the expanded dictionary.  But that's not as big a problem as it may seem... I'm renovating the language mod (its my mod, by the way) so in a month I'll have a nicer more streamlined cleaner pack of words, (knocking it down to 5000~6000, 2 to 3 times the vanilla set), and regenerating the language files anyway.  When I complete that, I'll add them to the Masterwork and release an updated masterwork.  I'm hoping Meph will be back by then, but if not, I'll continue to work on things as I can, when I can, where I can.

The current fix install this into your raw folder:

Expanded Dictionary MW edition

that's the expanded dictionary in masterwork 1.23.  It wont fix a current running fort, but it will fix any future generated worlds... I din't see it until you posted it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:20 am »

1.24c for the fix, perhaps?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 10:29:07 am »

1.24c for the fix, perhaps?

really, i thought about it.  and If I did release a fix it would be the original MWDF word list from 1.20 or prior.... my own language mod pack became way too big and out of hand and beyond just being culled.  I went with a complete restart because I found the last edition to be too big and too unwieldy to edit down any farther without completely trashing the system... Since I'm currently waiting for some consensus from the communities on my mod pack... (i.e. if no one responds I'll delete all the data on it and trash it, maybe)... I may just go ahead and do just that, re-implement the original MWDF word files and release as say 1.24c, I haven't mde any more fixes to the files, so there wont be anymore changes other than that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.24c (43.05 x64)
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 12:42:28 pm »

UPDATED PACK!  well sort of...

I reverted all the language files to the old 1.20 and uploaded it.  named it 1.24c to maintain the current format.  names will now be shorter, and language errors should be eradicated!

On to my personal status I started a new post her in masterwork detailing the efforts to revamp the expanded dictionary.  I restarted from scratch vanilla and am adding words in this time, instead of the max out then cull it back version I was doing... mainly because there was translation errors that encroached on the project and the symbols tables were just to much to work with so many words.  if your interested in the project, then go look at that post or look at my mod page for that below.  I'm at a stopping point where feedback is needed before I continue forward.  the eventual new version will be a serious reduction in size from which we can add words back in as needed, it will be easier to work in symbols as we add the words people want back in, than it is to try and symbolize 10,000 words that may be culled.  it will also read better overall as the verb forms and plural forms are being typed out manually instead of brute force applied.  Thank you for your patience... If I get a masterwork edition done, that will be my next update for masterwork x64 version.

As always I'm here to help ask me anything or point out any new errors you spot along the way.  thanks for your support.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »

Hm... for some reason if i try to open Therapist from the GUI is says it cannot open the executionable file. When i try to open it from the folder location directly it says i do not have appropriate permissions, even with admin rights. This is the only account i have on my home computer so theres no reason that my permissions are messed up with just Therapist and no other program

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:52 pm »

I just tested it, extracted the 7z into a new folder and tested the dwarf therapist it is functional.  I'm not sure, but I remember that DT x64 version relies on mscv x64 version to be installed... other than that I'm not sure what could be causing issues for you.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2017, 06:03:47 am »

I've tried over a dozen times already and so far every attempt to create a new world resulted with a silent crash with no message at all, at different stages. Had the same issue with Mephs 43.03.

Edit: It finally worked. Seems fine now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:04:19 am by Liamar »

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2017, 09:02:14 am »

I don't know what's causing it but DF & Masterwork crash without warning every 30 minutes or so.
I think it happens when I press a key however I can't confirm which one

Yarxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »

Getting a really strange error. All older versions of DF with DFHack works, but not this one.

Anyone have a clue what's wrong?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »

Getting a really strange error. All older versions of DF with DFHack works, but not this one.

no idea.  can you provide more info of the steps taken that caused the error?  I've ran several unzips of the pack to verify it has all its components. and I'm running test forts at the moment with the pack, as I work up a few new changes. 

over all I think your download was corrupted or it messed up when it unpacked.  not sure.  but there should of been a dfhack.dll in the dwarf fortress folder.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Yarxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2017, 06:25:25 am »

no idea.  can you provide more info of the steps taken that caused the error?  I've ran several unzips of the pack to verify it has all its components. and I'm running test forts at the moment with the pack, as I work up a few new changes. 

over all I think your download was corrupted or it messed up when it unpacked.  not sure.  but there should of been a dfhack.dll in the dwarf fortress folder.

I downloaded the pack from DFFD, unpacked it, ran Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe for some settings and so on, then I tried to run DF and this error occured.
The only dfhack.dll in the folder is "dfhack-client.dll". If a grab a fresh copy to extract, the result is the same.

Also this:

Yarxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2017, 06:34:58 am »

I downloaded the pack from DFFD, unpacked it, ran Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe for some settings and so on, then I tried to run DF and this error occured.
The only dfhack.dll in the folder is "dfhack-client.dll". If a grab a fresh copy to extract, the result is the same.

Also this:

Solved it. I removed the Lua environment variables and restarted my computer.    :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29