Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 85092 times)

Slovak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.25 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »

The brick splitting block for humans doesn't seem to have a properly working reaction. I've looked through a few pages of the forum and the search function trying to figure out my current human woes, and I've come up with nothing so far.

I've embarked with a stonecrafter and mason, I've ensured I have a supply of non-economical rocks, I've built the Brick-Splitting Block workshop, stockpiled granite beside it, however it doesn't have the reaction to craft ten blocks from a boulder in it.

The reaction appears to be here.. (Dwarf Fortress/Raw/Objects, reaction_humans.txt, Line 47)

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SPLITTING_STONE]
[NAME:Split boulder into blocks(10)]
[BUILDING:SPLITTING_BLOCK_STONE:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

But it doesn't show up in the brick splitter's task menu.

I may just not be using the Brick Splitter in the proper way--I assume it's used the same way as you would use a Mason's Workshop to make stone blocks, IE going into the Q menu and choosing the reaction to take place?

Below is a view of the empty task menu. The Bricksplitter is to the right.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:03:15 pm by Slovak »

peezimaru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2017, 04:28:50 pm »

So tell me does anyone else feel like the current version is the fastest loading MW since 1.19? I've not updated my home system I'm running DF on since 1.17 and I've never been able to load, world gen, etc this fast... maybe its me maybe its my personal preference but I'm excited!

Haven't tried 1.25 yet, but as someone who has extremely frequent crashes during World Gen, even with low history like 100-200 years, I actually managed to make a world with 150 years of history on my first try on 1.24e which has been unheard of for me for a long time.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:39 pm »

The brick splitting block for humans doesn't seem to have a properly working reaction. I've looked through a few pages of the forum and the search function trying to figure out my current human woes, and I've come up with nothing so far.

I've embarked with a stonecrafter and mason, I've ensured I have a supply of non-economical rocks, I've built the Brick-Splitting Block workshop, stockpiled granite beside it, however it doesn't have the reaction to craft ten blocks from a boulder in it.

The reaction appears to be here.. (Dwarf Fortress/Raw/Objects, reaction_humans.txt, Line 47)

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SPLITTING_STONE]
[NAME:Split boulder into blocks(10)]
[BUILDING:SPLITTING_BLOCK_STONE:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

But it doesn't show up in the brick splitter's task menu.

I may just not be using the Brick Splitter in the proper way--I assume it's used the same way as you would use a Mason's Workshop to make stone blocks, IE going into the Q menu and choosing the reaction to take place?

Below is a view of the empty task menu. The Bricksplitter is to the right.

lol you didn't build the bricksplitter.... you built a building menu title.  try again.... don't use the shortcut... I noticed that before and its in a list of things that need to be fixed...

I need a way to lock out titles from being built... I'm thinking of writing an onjobcomplete.cancel that can be set to target those, (there is one, I just have to make the trigger).  But there is a lot of those...  I'm wondering if there is a way to make sub menus in the buildings menu. and then those can just be put in a sub menu as it is suppose to be.

Its now on the list to do... for now just select it manually from the menu.

So tell me does anyone else feel like the current version is the fastest loading MW since 1.19? I've not updated my home system I'm running DF on since 1.17 and I've never been able to load, world gen, etc this fast... maybe its me maybe its my personal preference but I'm excited!

Haven't tried 1.25 yet, but as someone who has extremely frequent crashes during World Gen, even with low history like 100-200 years, I actually managed to make a world with 150 years of history on my first try on 1.24e which has been unheard of for me for a long time.

Glad to hear.  I like to see positive reviews!

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 12:46:34 pm »

I'm not sure if this is actually a MW bug or one with the included DT version, but the tool seems to have odd ideas about what the human castes are best at. For instance, it's reporting that I should set my Farmer's guild guy on engraving and trapping.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

peezimaru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »

Does anyone else have an issue with designating plant gathering? They do seem to get picked, but the tiles aren't being highlighted so I have no visual indication that it's working.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »

Does anyone else have an issue with designating plant gathering? They do seem to get picked, but the tiles aren't being highlighted so I have no visual indication that it's working.

Plants only get highlighted to be picked if they're in season, also the highlighting resembles a generic bush with Meph's tileset.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »

I'm not sure if this is actually a MW bug or one with the included DT version, but the tool seems to have odd ideas about what the human castes are best at. For instance, it's reporting that I should set my Farmer's guild guy on engraving and trapping.

Yes, its a DT issue, i've checked them they are functioning correctly.  Its also an issue with castes in kobolds, orcs, and dwarves.... certain skill learning rates are lining up correctly in the DT data structure.

What LMeire said additionally, when your selecting it with the designation menu, set priority to 3+ and the you should see them blinking their priority numbers.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2017, 09:28:12 am »

Oh it's been a while since I actually logged in to say things, but I've gotten back into DF thanks to Masterwork, so I'm wondering if I could give back and help with anything for you guys (though I'm sure I don't do enough stuff to find any obscure bugs, seeing as the last bug I found, by the time I came back there was a new version out that had fixed it. Thank you for fixing the milling reactions by the way).

Also, am I just doing it wrong, or does Hermit Mode have issues with hauling labors? They don't really queue up properly it seems, so the hermit makes it about 10 or 20 steps back towards the meeting area or wherever else he wants to idle after he drops stuff off, and then realizes there's more hauling to do; it wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that hauling is so time intensive as it is for one guy to do, and this can add pretty significant amounts of time to what should be short trips. I assume this is just a vanilla DF behavior of it not properly making a task queue, but it still feels kind of buggy. Is there a way to make a hermit haul in a way that doesn't turn into a game of waiting and hoping he figures out what he should be hauling, especially given that food will rot if he doesn't decide to store it away quickly enough, or is that just part of the !FUN! of playing hermit mode?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2017, 10:31:57 am »

Oh it's been a while since I actually logged in to say things, but I've gotten back into DF thanks to Masterwork, so I'm wondering if I could give back and help with anything for you guys (though I'm sure I don't do enough stuff to find any obscure bugs, seeing as the last bug I found, by the time I came back there was a new version out that had fixed it. Thank you for fixing the milling reactions by the way).

Also, am I just doing it wrong, or does Hermit Mode have issues with hauling labors? They don't really queue up properly it seems, so the hermit makes it about 10 or 20 steps back towards the meeting area or wherever else he wants to idle after he drops stuff off, and then realizes there's more hauling to do; it wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that hauling is so time intensive as it is for one guy to do, and this can add pretty significant amounts of time to what should be short trips. I assume this is just a vanilla DF behavior of it not properly making a task queue, but it still feels kind of buggy. Is there a way to make a hermit haul in a way that doesn't turn into a game of waiting and hoping he figures out what he should be hauling, especially given that food will rot if he doesn't decide to store it away quickly enough, or is that just part of the !FUN! of playing hermit mode?

Just part of the fun, the important part to remember is that you don't need to supply for more than one person, so just 8 meals a year (2 per season) and then you can safely divert work towards other stuff.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2017, 02:59:12 pm »

So, not sure if this is the appropriate place to report bugs, but I've ran into something (still on v1.24e, but I haven't seen this in the patchnotes, so I figured I might as well post it here anyway).

I tried to create a job from a Farmer's Workshop, to process plants once my cloth stockpiles run low.  Once I try to specify the material of the cloth to pigtail, it crashes as soon as I get to typing the "g" or "t".   Very reproducible. My guess is there's an entry somewhere around there that throws an error as soon as it's checked.

I'm not entirely sure it's MW's fault, but I've never had problems with workshop orders in Vanilla.

Can provide a save if helpful.

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:45 pm »

So, not sure if this is the appropriate place to report bugs, but I've ran into something (still on v1.24e, but I haven't seen this in the patchnotes, so I figured I might as well post it here anyway).

I tried to create a job from a Farmer's Workshop, to process plants once my cloth stockpiles run low.  Once I try to specify the material of the cloth to pigtail, it crashes as soon as I get to typing the "g" or "t".   Very reproducible. My guess is there's an entry somewhere around there that throws an error as soon as it's checked.

I'm not entirely sure it's MW's fault, but I've never had problems with workshop orders in Vanilla.

Can provide a save if helpful.
Pretty sure it's a vanilla bug, or at least some iterations of the bug are. It seems to have some rather weird factors in what causes it, as some of the related crashes have apparently been due to stretched graphics, so it's going to be quite a time for whoever has to track it down. I had it too when I was trying to specify to get charcoal in one thing, but it crashed whenever I got to the second c.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2017, 08:15:01 pm »

I've seen random crashes while using detail either in the workshop build menu or in the Job Monitor... and I've seen it straight Dwarf Vanilla (something I "like" to do to remind myself what its like.... thats one option I wish MWDF had... a settings option that reverts the game completely back to as near to vanilla as is possible with MW (ITs rather hard as the graphics are so tied into the game right now).

Alright I'm passed all the ugly shit this week at work... so here's a working list of things I plan to accomplish in the next edition of MWDF, v 1.26

1. update DFHack to 43.05 r1 - completed in testing.
2. Update TwbT to the latest version - completed in testing.
-- of note if I understand it, It has TwbT Next installed in it...TwbT Next is.
3. Fix to Guildhall transformations - testing complete, DONE.
4. Check for building menu title objects that have a hotkey set to them. done.
--- in addition, see if there might be a way to remove the titles and put these items in their own menu.... I'm sure there has to be a way... just not sure If I want to do that much work, but that's just an additional idea I'll be kicking around.  Also possibly a way to cause the building to auto cancel if its selected.
5. Value fix to humans. done.
6. Start looking at a way to create documentation from the raw scripts... I've got a concept... but I want to see if it hashes with any webhook document creator.
7. updating the ZM5 creatures, I've been in contact, and he's agreed to have the newest versions of his scripts incorporated into the project.
8. tesb fix. done.
9. test golems, supposedly get attacked by caravans.

Anyone have any other suggestions they want fixed?  I'm still looking at documentation.  I'm looking at some code of a supposed version 1.17 of the launcher, that one is going to be a bugger to understand,  I'd appreciate a VB programmer directly messaging me and discussing it, its been 17 years for me...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:21:39 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2017, 06:04:48 am »

Pretty sure it's a vanilla bug, or at least some iterations of the bug are. It seems to have some rather weird factors in what causes it, as some of the related crashes have apparently been due to stretched graphics, so it's going to be quite a time for whoever has to track it down. I had it too when I was trying to specify to get charcoal in one thing, but it crashed whenever I got to the second c.

I've seen random crashes while using detail either in the workshop build menu or in the Job Monitor... and I've seen it straight Dwarf Vanilla

Well, damn. Guess I was just lucky in Vanilla, then. Thanks for the reply, folks!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »

well modified vanilla... basically it requires enough added creatures, items, etc, to cause possible materials to exceed a 32000+ which is a pointer issue... Its most likely the cause behind all the unknown material in various menus such as military equipment material selection...  the additional is that when you filter such lists if the filter ends up targeting the name of an unknown material... boom goes the dynamite... Its just very less likely in a smaller less modified version... its also why standard leather, standard blood, standard meat etc are helpful. 

I've been contacted about an issue with stal's armor and weapons having odd effects.
An issue where golems get attacked by caravan guards.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:44:34 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2017, 08:43:15 pm »

Damn discovered the error in TESB, yes you can't turn it off from the launcher... it apparently lost its ability when I cleaned up the init files.  Until next version, if you need to turn it off type in the DF Hack console:

tesb-job-monitor -living 0 -gem 0

this will reset TESB to not create any living mobs or gems... if either are on, it will try and make them and you could summon wyrms.

another interesting command for dfHack I just discovered in the documentation:

disable season-palette

it turns off the color switching that occurs with the seasons....  Now I need to get this option into the launcher.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:10:24 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29