Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84865 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.26 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2017, 07:14:01 pm »

Amostubal
Thanks for the great work you are doing.

Probably you are already aware of errors in 1.26 raw but, just in case, here is a short list.
Duplicate "ENERGY_TEMPLATE" in material_template_zm5.txt and in material_template_masterwork.txt
Empty token [] in creature_subterranean.txt SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT line 1085
Duplicate "SOUL_GEM" in inorganic_zm5 and inorganic_succubus.txt
Duplicate "4TUSKS" in body_zm5.txt and in body_default.txt
Duplicate "8EYES" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "BRAIN_NOTHOUGHT" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_MATERIALS" in b_detail_plan_zm5.txt and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_TISSUES" in b_detail_plan_zm5 and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt

I'm aware of many errors... It's a process of cleaning them up one by one.  Thanks for the notes.  I have a github if you want to directly send any repairs.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Conflictx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2017, 05:57:10 pm »

I found an error in building_dwarf_civ.txt which makes it impossible to build the 3 merchants for the dwarves.

The building reactions for the merchants are like this.
[BUILD_ITEM:5:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[BUILD_ITEM:5:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]

I tried changing the COIN to 500 but that didn't seem to change anything, just removing the Coins as building item and using only blocks worked though.

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »

Hey it's me from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg7460665#msg7460665

Saving and using a profile with the Fortress Defense races works fine.
But the "Default" profile still doesn't store most of the settings, so applying it doesn't revert all the changes, i.e Fort-mode civs and "Invaders".

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:30 pm »

I found an error in building_dwarf_civ.txt which makes it impossible to build the 3 merchants for the dwarves.

The building reactions for the merchants are like this.
[BUILD_ITEM:5:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[BUILD_ITEM:5:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]

I tried changing the COIN to 500 but that didn't seem to change anything, just removing the Coins as building item and using only blocks worked though.

Can I get a confirmation on this?  I've never had any problems building dwarf merchants before.

Hey it's me from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg7460665#msg7460665

Saving and using a profile with the Fortress Defense races works fine.
But the "Default" profile still doesn't store most of the settings, so applying it doesn't revert all the changes, i.e Fort-mode civs and "Invaders".

It looks like the default profile does not contain any info on Fort-mode civs and "Invaders"... I'll see about updating it in the next update.  Shouldn't be too hard, just make a custom save and copy it... but it may be a launcher/gui failure.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2017, 10:15:55 am »

Has anyone else had the problem whereby the game CTDs after a Hill Titan enters the world for the first time?

"A towering quadruped composed of coral. It has wings & emanates an aura of giving & kindness" - not very kind killing my game :O

Got my save game that guaranteed crashes within 5 seconds now.. any cure about per chance?
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2017, 07:58:26 pm »

Never had a hill titan appear ... and if it auto crashes the map... there's not much of a cure possible.  such titans are "generated" at world creation... and if it crashes you then it has some interesting thing about it that can't be editted out.   maybe a DFHAck through region pops looking for titans and deleting their populations... but that might not work on internal generated titans.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2017, 05:32:01 am »

Never had a hill titan appear ... and if it auto crashes the map... there's not much of a cure possible.  such titans are "generated" at world creation... and if it crashes you then it has some interesting thing about it that can't be editted out.   maybe a DFHAck through region pops looking for titans and deleting their populations... but that might not work on internal generated titans.

Thanks Amostubal for responding.

On the off-shot it wasn't the Hill Titan, here's a link to my save file in case you'd like to have a look. I'll just see what I can do based on your recommendation then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z6cpdeugnvrwnc/region1.rar?dl=0

Other than that game-breaking (at least for me) bug, nice pickup on Masterwork! Really good stuff!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2017, 06:21:10 am »

On the off-shot it wasn't the Hill Titan, here's a link to my save file in case you'd like to have a look. I'll just see what I can do based on your recommendation then.

Other than that game-breaking (at least for me) bug, nice pickup on Masterwork! Really good stuff!

I just woke up, I'll download that, and look at it.

additional note: earlier this week, I played MDF in adventure mode in what could only be called vanilla DF graphics... you don't have to change anything from the initial settings other than turning sprites off on the first page... so many people talked so much about how to revert to vanilla DF... that sprite button was designed to set graphics to off...  If you click anything after that, the change is written over and graphics are turned back on.  so the last thing you need to do to activate "vanilla DF" graphics is hit that button and nothing else.... man we need more documentation on what these options do, lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2017, 06:58:46 am »

stack traceback:
   ...ct\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:125: in global 'handler'
   ...ct\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:167: in global 'equipHandler'
   ...ct\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:177: in function <...ct\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:171>
...ct\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:125: attempt to index a nil value (local 'itemMat')

This concerns me... I didn't see them in the DFHack console, but right when it crashes these are written into the "stderr" log, 4 times.  I'm going to investigate what is tossing this its an item-trigger, so its triggering when something gets picked up/equiped etc.  have you been getting a lot of these normally?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2017, 07:46:57 am »

Well to save the map... just target the titan in the unit menu.

go to dfhack and type exterminate him

he literally disappears in a puff of smoke...end of story map doesn't crash.

additional notes:
1.  you have a bunch of gloves and shoes listed as unknown frozen creature substance (lol, its not frozen its just solid) and I have no clue what they are made of or from... they throw item trigger errors, because the material can't be accessed... they are not causing any issues.
2.  I still don't know why the titan is causing a crash... it may be the coral.. it seems to be unstable at room temperature, which makes the titan unstable... he should of just poofed on his own, cause his corpse poofs when he is exterminated.

oh and congratulations! let the game run a couple of days and you will know why....

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2017, 08:13:04 am »

Thanks! Much appreciated! Truly!

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:58 pm »

Apologies - oone more report, if I may.

Again, please find attached a save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z6cpdeugnvrwnc/region1.rar?dl=0

For some reason, after all the dwarves install the furniture on the left of the save's starting location (just did the planning) the game becomes unstable. I can't quicksave via the console (instant crash) and if I try to wait for the auto-save at the end of the month, it crashes again before said time.

I don't know how to debug it, but if there's a conflict you should be aware of - enjoy :P

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »

My game has been stalling every second every since I updated to 1.26 (new fort) while playing the Succubus race. Every second the game will pause for a fraction of a second. I had no problems with 1.25 with a similar setup.

I used kill-lua to kill scripts/masterwork/base/periodic-check.lua and the lag went away.

Not sure which part lags the game, but it's something that wasn't there in 1.25.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »

Apologies - oone more report, if I may.

Again, please find attached a save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z6cpdeugnvrwnc/region1.rar?dl=0

For some reason, after all the dwarves install the furniture on the left of the save's starting location (just did the planning) the game becomes unstable. I can't quicksave via the console (instant crash) and if I try to wait for the auto-save at the end of the month, it crashes again before said time.

I don't know how to debug it, but if there's a conflict you should be aware of - enjoy :P

have you tried it without planning... there is a discussion of it being unstable over in the dfhack section.

My game has been stalling every second every since I updated to 1.26 (new fort) while playing the Succubus race. Every second the game will pause for a fraction of a second. I had no problems with 1.25 with a similar setup.

I used kill-lua to kill scripts/masterwork/base/periodic-check.lua and the lag went away.

Not sure which part lags the game, but it's something that wasn't there in 1.25.

hmmm periodic-check.lua not sure what we have that uses it at the moment... what reactions/shops/ etc that you are using?  what errors are appearing in the dfhack log (stderr.log) otherwise I don't know whats going on, based on the info you provided.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2017, 03:33:28 pm »

I had no errors prior to running kill-lua.

This is the trace on kill:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I used the Magma Well, which uses the tables to spawn liquids sources. Also used the "Den of iniquity" (convert invaders) and the *Glass shaper (using magma from the magma well).

I restarted DF and the problem persists.

In stderr.txt there isn't anything outstanding:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the full stderr.txt: https://pastebin.com/y5Ct5Rzk

Is there is a verbose mode? I can turn it on and report any additional errors in the logs.

I'll post my save game and my profile JSON once it's done uploading.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:35:57 pm by tase »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29