Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84815 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.28 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2017, 03:27:01 am »

So is there going to be anything major done besides a possible new playable race? I'd like to do a new MDF story fortress as the dwarves, kind of a Riverrun 2.0 if you will (for those who don't know it was for 34.11's last or second-to-last MW version and I lost my saves for it when I had to integrate my external hard drive into my desktop - the input for its USB had snapped off,) and don't want to miss out of any major additions to them if they're coming in the near future.

It was getting to be a hell of a good time in terms of story quality and audience participation, and I'd managed to make use of everything the dwarves had access to at the time, functionally becoming a pseudo-tutorial in the process, and I'd love another crack at it, but preferably without being left in the dust by mod updates.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2017, 04:23:47 am »

So is there going to be anything major done besides a possible new playable race? I'd like to do a new MDF story fortress as the dwarves, kind of a Riverrun 2.0 if you will (for those who don't know it was for 34.11's last or second-to-last MW version and I lost my saves for it when I had to integrate my external hard drive into my desktop - the input for its USB had snapped off,) and don't want to miss out of any major additions to them if they're coming in the near future.

It was getting to be a hell of a good time in terms of story quality and audience participation, and I'd managed to make use of everything the dwarves had access to at the time, functionally becoming a pseudo-tutorial in the process, and I'd love another crack at it, but preferably without being left in the dust by mod updates.

At this moment the only current plans:
1. Fix bugs / gameplay issues as they occur.
2. Continue to provide updates as necessary.
3. I have individuals currently working on several side projects:
3a. Updating the adventurer craft reactions (wanderer) that I did not know were up to date.
3b. Khaos and a handful are coming through the manual included in the game for "bad info,".
3c. There is one individual considering taking up orcs, although I'm going to verify his work before I let it in.

There is a couple of minor DFHack script and Launcher changes being discussed but they should not be game breaking.  those include:
1. A switch off of warpstone syndromes from digging up weak warpstone veins.
2. Humans option tab in the launcher.
3. Adding Blood of Armok and Tears of Armok gems to a script that makes them randomly appear; i.e. as warpstone gems and TESB hidden gems do now.

I have family that comes in over the summer, so I don't have as much time to do a lot of major work while they are here.  That being said there is no plans to add any content that would break a game save or disrupt a play through of MDF: Dwarves.  My suggestion is if you are going to do a play through do it in Meph 32x32 or 16x16 graphics, with the decorations on, and either the seasonal palletes on or with some other color then meph ( meph's color scheme is way to dark in most player's opinion, its more of a menu color schema ).

I believe I have every mod updated, except for stahls, grimlockes, and fortress defense, and I currently am not planning to update those.  The first 2 are wide spread changes that would effect everything, and the later is working fine as it sits now, and updating it really as far as I can tell is not going to add anything to the game dynamic.

Trying to think of anything that would effect a long term dwarf play through right now, but can't think of anything.   Link it up to us when you plan to start.  Is it going on twitch or youtube?  If I get a chance I would love to sit and watch it live.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2017, 06:37:55 am »

I was going to try this idea myself to help out because in my head it seemed like a simple cut-paste-tweak-numbers thing, but since .lua is somehow more intimidating than "standard" DF raw files and I'm only semi-fluent in .xml I figure I'd just post the idea here.

A little before he left Meph added a gaming-table-workshop-thing that would make managing angry dwarves easier, apparently not realizing that tantrum spirals stopped happening around when booze started making drinkers drunk. I was going to see if I could move the mood-altering effects over to menial labor jobs like tanning, smelting, and making zero-quality objects, but reverse the effect so laborers became more upset as one might when doing something tedious. But since he used a DFHack script to do the positive moods thing I honestly have no idea what I'm even looking at besides some if-then-loops and random letters.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2017, 11:01:41 am »

I won't even read what you wrote.
I'm in!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2017, 04:28:55 pm »

@ Amostubal: I was actually gonna use Meph's Tileset and all the bells and whistles with the dwarves. I loved having the decorative stuff in Riverrun, let me give everyone their own nice homey little fireplace in thier rooms.  :)

And I don't actually stream. Equal parts performance anxiety and that I write updates while playing (fights in particular I'll often go over blow by blow and try to make sound neat/condensed as able or needed,) which would make for long hunks of dead air :P Plus I'll sometimes use DFhack to speed up work on shit like a dirty cheater, and nobody wants to see that (looking at you giant Riverrun "magic" wall.)

In fact, as dumb as it is to plug it, could go and check it out. It's linked on the Ye Olde thread somewhere on an update for it from a long time ago.

@ Ilfedaykin: Did my other ones leave a good impression or something?

Somewhere along the way I also lost my save for that human fort, which makes me sad cause that was going along pretty nicely, but maybe I can introduce that factionalism somehow... I feel like I can make a super good story, I just need to figure out the right impetus...

Oh, and how does anyone who cares feel about Terrible Weapons? Had a professional-feeling army/militia in Riverrun what with the runic weapons and plate armor, kinda considering a more ad-hoc feel this time around with little "hard" armor and only a few professional-quality weapons doles out to those who deserve them based on merit.

And any starting scenario would be good, presuming world gen doesn't give us a good one...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2017, 05:29:21 pm »

I personally use Staal's Armory and Terrible Weapons.  Grimlock is very good in its' own right, I just was never feeling the RP scenario of Dwarves with guns.  The Terrible Weapons addition is especially fun when you draft the entire population and set weapon preference to 'individual choice melee'.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2017, 08:02:46 pm »

I personally use Staal's Armory and Terrible Weapons.  Grimlock is very good in its' own right, I just was never feeling the RP scenario of Dwarves with guns.  The Terrible Weapons addition is especially fun when you draft the entire population and set weapon preference to 'individual choice melee'.

yeah the reason for not updating has nothing to do with the weapons and armor themselves... but both Staal and Grimlock made "body plan changes", which would effect a lot more than just their stuff.  to install them I would have to do a complete switch out and they wouldn't be able to run simultaneously...  its basically more work than I want to do and way too much work to do for an update of it.

I found it:Riverrun

I would love to see it done, again... are we going to have more plump men hijinx.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:18:38 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2017, 08:31:38 pm »

I was going to try this idea myself to help out because in my head it seemed like a simple cut-paste-tweak-numbers thing, but since .lua is somehow more intimidating than "standard" DF raw files and I'm only semi-fluent in .xml I figure I'd just post the idea here.

A little before he left Meph added a gaming-table-workshop-thing that would make managing angry dwarves easier, apparently not realizing that tantrum spirals stopped happening around when booze started making drinkers drunk. I was going to see if I could move the mood-altering effects over to menial labor jobs like tanning, smelting, and making zero-quality objects, but reverse the effect so laborers became more upset as one might when doing something tedious. But since he used a DFHack script to do the positive moods thing I honestly have no idea what I'm even looking at besides some if-then-loops and random letters.

lol pretty much... basically a reaction-trigger for the reaction runs a happiness improvement for the worker of the reaction.  I've not gone to in depth into it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2017, 02:10:42 am »

yeah the reason for not updating has nothing to do with the weapons and armor themselves... but both Staal and Grimlock made "body plan changes", which would effect a lot more than just their stuff.  to install them I would have to do a complete switch out and they wouldn't be able to run simultaneously...  its basically more work than I want to do and way too much work to do for an update of it.

I found it:Riverrun

I would love to see it done, again... are we going to have more plump men hijinx?

Quite possible! Hell, I might even try to assign two to every militia dwarf since they could be war trained last I knew. Do hope you enjoy reading the fort, such as it is. Was going to do a "Divergent timeline" since I had a save I uploaded to DFFD for someone else to poke around in, but it was so far back in terms of years and work I just didn't find it to be worth it.

And I'm partial to Stal's Armory myself. Dunno why but dwarves always seem especially deadly with boar spears for some reason when I run that mod...

At any rate, I'll see if I can whip up an OP before going to work and a starting update; I work saturdays, but I got all night and Sunday to do stuff.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2017, 03:48:45 am »

Are you kidding? When you dropped  the human one you broke my heart :'(
That worldgen had SO MUCH TO GIVE!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2017, 04:16:59 am »

Are you kidding? When you dropped  the human one you broke my heart :'(
That worldgen had SO MUCH TO GIVE!

I actually didn't drop it per se. I have a bad habit of keeping multiple piles of DF versions and when I go to clean house, I sometimes lose saves for in-progress games because I forget which one had which game in it.  :-\

When I went to play it a couple weeks back I actually got super bummed out when I realized I'd cleared it (along with several gigs of other DF and non DF stuff,) during my typical house cleaning of stuff I haven't messed with in ages.  :(

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2017, 08:11:54 am »

I always wondered why Orcish Fletcher can't make wooden/bone arrows, only stuff from metal or so.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2017, 03:22:47 pm »

I should add that my vote for elves isn't a vote for "tree hugging hippies." I want a primal cannibal tribe straight out of the jungle, heh.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »

I should add that my vote for elves isn't a vote for "tree hugging hippies." I want a primal cannibal tribe straight out of the jungle, heh.

Yeah tree huggers don't have to be pacifists, RL druids were known to just murder people for tresspassing on the wrong oak groves. And the morals of traditional folklore elves ranged from "burning down your house because they just don't like you" to "burning down your neighbor's house as an unsolicited favor to you and then demanding payment in the form of 1000 years of indentured servitude".
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2017, 05:50:00 pm »

I always wondered why Orcish Fletcher can't make wooden/bone arrows, only stuff from metal or so.

Presumably because you can make them in the craftsman workshop or they're specialized ammo. Been awhile since I played orcs though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29