Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84394 times)

rouk58

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.28 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2017, 08:02:15 pm »

New to the forums here.  Enjoying the mod a lot.  Noticed an issue in Therapist with the past two versions and wanted to see if things work in game correctly?  Guild members are showing different professions then what I would anticipate them being related to.  IE Smiths guild being Brewing and Milling.  Is this working correctly in game and just a therapist issue?  Is there a fix for this?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »

New to the forums here.  Enjoying the mod a lot.  Noticed an issue in Therapist with the past two versions and wanted to see if things work in game correctly?  Guild members are showing different professions then what I would anticipate them being related to.  IE Smiths guild being Brewing and Milling.  Is this working correctly in game and just a therapist issue?  Is there a fix for this?
Its an issue with therapist... I need to go over there and discuss it.  In game they are working correctly.

I always wondered why Orcish Fletcher can't make wooden/bone arrows, only stuff from metal or so.

Presumably because you can make them in the craftsman workshop or they're specialized ammo. Been awhile since I played orcs though.

correct the fletcher shop only has access to specialized ammo, the craftsman shop has the wood and bone versions, already.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »

I personally use Staal's Armory and Terrible Weapons.  Grimlock is very good in its' own right, I just was never feeling the RP scenario of Dwarves with guns.  The Terrible Weapons addition is especially fun when you draft the entire population and set weapon preference to 'individual choice melee'.

yeah the reason for not updating has nothing to do with the weapons and armor themselves... but both Staal and Grimlock made "body plan changes", which would effect a lot more than just their stuff.  to install them I would have to do a complete switch out and they wouldn't be able to run simultaneously...  its basically more work than I want to do and way too much work to do for an update of it.

I found it:Riverrun

I would love to see it done, again... are we going to have more plump men hijinx?

Quite possible! Hell, I might even try to assign two to every militia dwarf since they could be war trained last I knew. Do hope you enjoy reading the fort, such as it is. Was going to do a "Divergent timeline" since I had a save I uploaded to DFFD for someone else to poke around in, but it was so far back in terms of years and work I just didn't find it to be worth it.

And I'm partial to Stal's Armory myself. Dunno why but dwarves always seem especially deadly with boar spears for some reason when I run that mod...

At any rate, I'll see if I can whip up an OP before going to work and a starting update; I work saturdays, but I got all night and Sunday to do stuff.

yeah stal's is still functional its just 3 versions behind the current version! lol.  Bt it still works fine.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2017, 01:23:34 am »

I noticed that with Orc's, when you make weapons from tribal wargear, they use blood and bones etc thus making bonemold bars made in boneforge useless, I haven't found any use for bonemold bars, manual says that weapons in tribal wargear uses bonemold bars but ingame they don't, they just use bones.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2017, 05:24:33 am »

I never played with the orcs so i can't be sure... but it may well be that the manual is outdated. We are still updating it from ye old masterwork. I'll look at this. We are also on discord, if you still have to drop by.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2017, 07:42:07 am »

I noticed that with Orc's, when you make weapons from tribal wargear, they use blood and bones etc thus making bonemold bars made in boneforge useless, I haven't found any use for bonemold bars, manual says that weapons in tribal wargear uses bonemold bars but ingame they don't, they just use bones.
I checked with Khaos and it turns out manual is indeed outdated. You should be able to use bonemold bars at the forge or factory as with other metals. Tribal warcrafter works in a different way. If you find more issues you're welcome to ask again.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »

Someone probably should take a look on dwarven castes, the skills they boost seem to be rather borked when looked through the dwarf therapist although the raws seem to be fine.

For example, when looking at a Marksman Guild caste dwarf, the Therapist is accusing that it boosts Growing, Herbalist, Strand Extraction, Wood Crafting, Spear, Bowmaking, Pike and Throwing. And special note that it says that it does not boost Crossbow or Acher.

No idea where the problem is, if it's just the Therapist not being able to read Masterwork properly or if it's some issue with the changed skills or if it's an actual bug with the caste system, but either way it does seem to be weird.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2017, 05:17:06 pm »

The issue is Therapist is utterly broken reading any castes skill boosts at the moment, which is rather sad and kind of weird from a coding perspective, seeing as a program like that could be just as easily pulling info like that from the relatively-unchanging format of the raw files as opposed to trying to pull from the dynamic mess that is live ram

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2017, 11:09:51 pm »

Okay so the vote is in and necros and elfs won sort of.

So we I've been working up some notes on both, but necros have 43% and elfs 29% of the vote... so it's going to be necros.

So I'm going to start a separate post from this one, discussing the idea.

Okay so on further note I'm on vacation this summer.  If people start to push github updates I'll set members to review those updates in the modified-mdf organization setup on github, if they agree that it looks good, I'll push it to the beta.  I'll update every 2 weeks for the next say 2 months, meaning next release a week from today.

That's how long my oldest sons will be here, after that business will return as usual.  I'll pack what updates people produce and set up releases on github and dffd on that schedule, and work on stuff as I can, I'll have time here and there but a lot less than usual.  I've made plans to spend time with my sons and I plan to keep them.

But that being said, people can find our organization on github and can send in fixes and new content for the community.  So if you can think you can write raw code, step on up.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2017, 03:34:54 am »

Just as a heads up, the story fort is actually being worked on, just putting some drawings together and getting three seasons worth of stuff done. Will likely have it up this afternoon.

Fun fact: Cragtooth ivory and copious piles of wooden trade goods can make the difference between having an anvil and picks or not.

Hope you have a good Summer, Amostubal, we all appreciate the work you put in on the mod.

EDIT: IT'S HERE BOYOS. Blazegate, the spiritual successor to Riverrun!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:41 pm »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

MechaJeb Kerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2017, 04:58:45 pm »

Awesome <3 Just one thing, most pots look like this with Phoebus tileset for some reason: Any suggestion how to fix it please?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2017, 08:54:39 am »

A new version is up and operating.  1.28 saves should work in 1.29 but only new worlds in 1.29 will have fixes that 1.29 provide.  Have Fun!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2017, 08:56:27 am »

additionally I posted a how to github here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164688.0

for aspiring modders of MDF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »

You sound like a genuinely nice guy Amos, but this effort, in my opinion, is wasted. Toady has declared his codebase his own, doesn't want open source contributions. Whilst we can mod it through memory hacks, it doesn't seem like his intention to release control.

There are better games.

Edit: Look to Rimworld for modding support, or any number of other games that emrace outside contributions now. Normally it starts with mods that become popular, the developer realizes it's a good idea, and includes it. This isn't happening, his priorities seem to be on the tedious, and whilst imaginative people say it's the best and most complex game ever, it isn't.

Dude this is the modding board, Toady has next to nothing to do with anything here. Unless you somehow meant Meph?

No, I meant Toady, may have not been clear above I guess. I, like a few others I guess, are keen to mod this game, but all you can do is play around the edges with the raws, or dig into memory hacks/DFHack.

Now that's fine if that's your cup of tea, but it's not much fun when you realize the limits of what can be modded in this game. It was just a heads-up, that passion and keenness is a poor thing to throw a blanket on, but perhaps a 'been there, done that, and got frustrated' kind of reply I guess. Running around finding memory addresses and tweaking things via DFHack, when the author could just expose an API or functions, is utter pain.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29