Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84399 times)

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2017, 09:36:43 am »

Oooh, good to know. Thanks!

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2017, 04:18:59 pm »

Hey Amostubal, the next time you post an update for masterwork, would you mind including my script?

I wrote this to fix the dead_dwarf bug in fortress mode. Thank you for everything man.

Thanks for the input guys! You are absolutely right. I modified the script to do just that  :P :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2017, 07:11:24 am »

Can anyone tell me how to disable embark anywhere? It's causing the fortress unretire bug. Googling revealed that I should edit the onload.init file, but... it's not a text file, so how do I edit it?  ???

Also, the file exists in the main DF folder as well as the individual save folders. Does it need to be edited in more than one place?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2017, 10:50:03 am »

look bottom left on embark select, i think its s there for embark mods.

basically you can turn off all the embark screen mods manually there... including sand, embark anywhere, and few others.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2017, 02:56:30 pm »

Googling revealed that I should edit the onload.init file, but... it's not a text file, so how do I edit it?  ???

It is a text file. Just open it in any text editor.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2017, 02:01:59 pm »

Not sure why, but I can't open mine. Asks me to search for a program to open it. The raws are text files, but this is not, for some reason.

Thanks Amostubal, I'll check it out next time I'm on embark select.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2017, 02:05:29 pm »

When it tells you to search for a program, select notepad
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2017, 05:16:38 am »

Why are masterwork boas hyper-agressive poisonous snakes? They're one of the most famously non-venemous snakes of all.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2017, 01:26:51 pm »

Why are masterwork boas hyper-agressive poisonous snakes? They're one of the most famously non-venemous snakes of all.

If you think twisting around people until their bones are little more than small fragments and dust as friendly, sure. The poison is probably because they couldn't exactly model being full-body squeezed to death and then slowly eaten in one massive bite. The aggression is because Fun. But this isn't the thread for such questions, I would recommend that you make your own thread around the topic.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2017, 10:07:17 am »

I mean it feels fair to ask if a particular feature is working as intended and the boa is masterwork creature not one added by one of the sub mods. In this case yes there's a little note in the files that the venom is fictional. The poison causes pain and paralysis (which can cause suffocation) which is probably the closest we're going to get to a constriction attack. Interestingly I can't find anything that would make them hyperaggressive other than the [NOEMOTION] tag that means they won't run away once attacked.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:12:17 am by blapnk »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2017, 11:18:00 pm »

Query for anyone using the Deeper Dwarven Domestication mod.  Has anyone encountered a bug of the animals never reaching adulthood?  Specifically, I have a small army of Horned Cave Turtle hatchlings, but after more than a year, none have become adults.  I was also using Cragtooth Boars, and they grew up after like 6 months.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2017, 02:51:45 pm »

Have you checked how long it takes the turtles to grow to adulthood?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2017, 05:54:16 pm »

Have you checked how long it takes the turtles to grow to adulthood?
I did indeed.  Unless I am misreading the RAW, they should also have a maturation period of about 6 months.  I'm aware that Amostubal is on hiatus, and this obviously isn't game-breaking.  Was just hoping someone else had encountered a similar issue of DDD critters not growing up.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2017, 01:11:50 am »

Horned cave turtles have the [CHILD:2] so yeah, should be two years. There's still good eating on them after a year though. I'm pretty sure I've got them growing up before, used to be my main egg farmers. You weren't confusing them with the masterwork cave tortoise? Different animals.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2017, 12:09:37 pm »

Okay, disabling embark anywhere on the embark screen was simple and worked like magic. No need to edit any files whatsoever.

However, new question!  :)

I've noticed that a lot of races aren't selectable for adventure mode even though their civs haven't died out and even though I enabled them for adventure mode in the Masterwork GUI (though I only did so AFTER world gen, does that matter?) For instance, I can't choose humans or elves for adventure mode. Their world pops are really low (under 500) but their civs exist and have sites.

In the case of orcs (and goblins and some others) I can only choose them as adventurers belonging to a pandashi (!?) civ. Orc and goblin civs do exist in the world, but only Pandashi ones are selectable. The same is true for vampires, a Pandashi vampire is my only option. Does anyone have an idea why? There are actual vampire civs and they're active and warring other civs...

Also, is there anything I can do to enable more options for adventure mode? I'd reeeeally like to select an elf and help save them from extinction... maybe with the psychic secrets slab my dwarven adventurer left in a dwarven library :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:12:14 pm by Saeldanya »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29