Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84395 times)

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2017, 02:38:10 am »

Hej Amostubal,

I'm feeling like giving yours MDF a go.
Any chance for the package with latest updated stuff? :)
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2017, 07:01:32 am »

Hej Amostubal,

I'm feeling like giving yours MDF a go.
Any chance for the package with latest updated stuff? :)

Well I keep saying the github is still up and running if anyone submits me new fixes to scripts and they appear to be in good order I'll push them in... so if you go there and get the one at https://github.com/Modified-MW-DF/modified-MDF/archive/Master-Branch.zip  that is the latest set of files.... but I've only had I think 2 small fixes be sent there(a manual fix and a formatting error for a script which didn't really change it's performance).  I may push a changed file there for spacefox graphics that someone pointed out was in error later today... but for the most part I've stopped production and I've started producing my own new mod pack that I plan to release sometime mid November... in time for Christmas lol.

And that is still an option for the whole community... I'm still in control of the Github repository for MMDF which can be found here:
https://github.com/Modified-MW-DF/
If you know of an error and want to send in a fix of it... You can!  You don't have to do anything but to have your own github account (its free) and fork the repository online.  than go to the file in question on your fork and change it... then send a push request for your changes... It will show up on my account and I'll add it in... It's easier than you think it is!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2017, 02:54:45 pm »

Thanks for the answer.

Not sure what happens with MDF now, but it keeps crashing. No error in the log, it just exists.
For example when I caged an animal, I went to unit list and wanted to look at it -> crash.
Job change -> crash.

All those happen at random, but today I had 7 crashes in 5h of playing. Is there any way to turn on some extra logging or 64 bit version requires some wizardry to run?

I have a save just before a Werekangooro enters the map. Probably something tries to enter with unknown values and game crashes during this as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:17:51 pm by Evans »
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 21, 2017, 04:34:19 pm »

I'm running 64-bit vers on 64-bit OS, I think the only crash I got was when my disk got full. Then I got crashes when a megabeast arrived.
Just deleted a few things, increased disk space, and voilá, no more crashes. I very rarely get crashes with this version, but it could just be me.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2017, 06:15:00 am »

This must have been those famous "new game" crashes. Game stabilized after hitting winter for no reason whatsoever.

But I have been trying to make use of few buildings here and there and for example Libraries do not do anything. Script for skill increase seem to be missing from build? They give me nothing.

DFhack didn't recognized the existence of few scripts, like create-unit as well. I had to manually copy them around.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:38:35 am by Evans »
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2017, 06:01:21 pm »

This must have been on of those famous "new game" crashes. Game stabilized after hitting winter for no reason whatsoever.

But I have been trying to make use of few buildings here and there and for example Libraries do not do anything. Script for skill increase seem to be missing from build? They give me nothing.

DFhack didn't recognized the existence of few scripts, like create-unit as well. I had to manually copy them around.

They work fine for me. Although I gotta say some of the skills seem broken - pressing, glazing and pottery iirc, do not give skill bonuses - there could be others. I also don't really use the philosophy library, since most of the skills there have very little documentation on actual impact and don't really contribute to the early-mid game where libraries shine the most - so I don't know about this specific one. But as I said, there definitely are a few broken ones, and it's probably script/code related.
Also, if you have skill 3 on any particular job, it goes all the way up to 8 (not sure if it's intended or not)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:28:38 pm by joaodosgrao »

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2017, 03:52:47 am »

Yeah, dfhack reports that skill name provided is not in the list for those you have mentioned.

I usually use library of warfare and of metal crafting, to give all my dwarves weaponsmith skill (for moods, if anything, reaching 20 pops seems much easier than it was) and basic fighting skill (dodge, armor, kicking etc).

Since I usually embark on at least 4 biomes (with at least one Terryfing and one Joyous Wilds) those few extra dodge points go a long way for my dwarves survival :)

One thing I have noticed that slam.lua still is not present in this version, as it was in Meph's new MDF. Mayhaps adding it back would be a good idea.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:50 am »

Haha, I usually embark on terrifying/reanimating biomes, preferrably close to a tower, so I can see some action. Which hasn't really worked very well, I mostly get a single necromancer siege, and by the time next siege should arrive I start getting necromancer visitors due to having a library and tavern set up already.

I take many stag dewbeetles on embark, (and a few does to get more dewbeetles) with a lvl 5 leatherworker, and as soon as I slaughter them, I forbid their tallow from being cooked and start hardening chitin. I also take a lvl 5 potash maker/wood burner to fertilize the fields for the first pig tail harvest, so I usually get to build 6 to 7 libraries on the first year, 2-3 of them being warfare, and the spare quires are usually invested on an early vanilla library. All my civilians are on a militia, except miners (since hunters don't thrive on undead/reanimating biomes) due to civilian uniform conflicts, having studied hammers & mauls (I make warhammers with whichever most abundant metal I find), armor, shields, melee, dodgin bitin kickin & strikin, all fully geared up with chitinplates. Common leather goes for padded clothing. xD My silk collectors usually deal with whatever they find on the caverns, unless it's a big swarm of powerful creatures, in which case the war animals assigned to them usually buy some time. At this point all my civvies usually just rock the undead with their copper/gold/silver/cobalt/tungsten warhammers, so injured dwarves usually are not a problem and undead are only there to cause fps death due to the sheer amount of teeth spread all over the place, LOL.

Unfortunately, 70% of caravans get scared by something and simply explode leaving tons of free goods. I end up getting a huge clutter of every good possible, which doesn't really help against fps death either :/ I only get the occasional migrant death due to being attacked by some sort of flying corpse, since once fps starts diving, stationing militia don't act right, and take a long time to respond to kill orders. Also, I don't even bother with marksdwarves due to their AI being awful. And I also use the weaponsmith/armorsmith tactic for possible moods, but I'm so unlucky with them, I get possessed mood way too often :/

/rant

Anyways, what does this .lua script do?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:20:40 am by joaodosgrao »

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2017, 12:16:57 pm »

Unfortunately, 70% of caravans get scared by something and simply explode leaving tons of free goods. I end up getting a huge clutter of every good possible, which doesn't really help against fps death either :/

Use the DFhack command autodump destroy to help with FPS-reducing clutter. Make sure all the junk you don't want is marked for dumping and NOT forbidden (otherwise autodump destroy won't work.)

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:32 pm »

Anyways, what does this .lua script do?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One thing I have noticed is that visitors who petition for residency can use libraries. Since they do get strange moods, it helps to have them weaponsmith skill so that they create artifact weapons.

In other news:
I'm improving adventurers crafting from MDF a bit. Nothing fancy, won't replace it with the latest Wanderer's scrips, but have decided to add missing recipes, like leather hoods, or breaking/crafting shields.
Will post it here once finished.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 01, 2017, 08:40:16 am »

Here is the small update to adventurer recipes for MDF.

Added:
- tailor clothes
- few new weapons, morning star, whip, scythe, maul.
- can now break any metal armor piece, vanilla or otherwise
- bone mask
- few leather clothes, like a veil or hood.

Important note:
- in Breakdown category there is an option to recover thread. It is a single line reaction, that takes any clothing material, unfortunately this includes threads.
For that reason both threads and clothes are of size of '1'.

All those interested:
https://filehost.net/cf76a0ae08f85829
Download and put into raw/objects/, overwrite file already present.

Compatible with everything previous version was.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2017, 03:11:14 pm »

Hi folks.  Especially greetings to those of you i know well from back in the days.

I'm going to start playing a little bit after almost 3 years away (probably no public modding for a while, because real life is still very busy, but i'll try to drop in and post sometimes to keep in touch a bit). 

Is this the right version of Masterwork to pick up and play? 

-Smak

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2017, 03:26:03 pm »

Is this the right version of Masterwork to pick up and play?
yes, but development has stopped because Amostubal doesn't want anything to do with masterwork now (the bad stigma in the community), but he is making a new mod its called legacy (or something like that) which is coming out towards the end of the month.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2017, 03:32:54 pm »

Oh, OK!  Thanks for letting me know.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

I like how many people in the community don't even know about this supposed community stigma.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29