Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mutants and Masterminds via IRC/TTS - Interest Check, discussion, etc.  (Read 4727 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mutants and Masterminds via IRC/TTS - Interest Check, discussion, etc.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:18 pm »

More like "Take stuff, put in hammerspace, pull out stuff at a later point only it might actually be better stuff if it's been in there a while".  Which would probably just be an Invent check or a fluffwise way of representing character growth...

I'm sort of taking inspiration from the character shown here.  So...Yeah.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:02:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 06:05:25 pm »

Battle Action Harem Highschool

I'm not sure how to render that in-game, no, but we can look at it.
Shoes...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »

The title is incredibly misleading.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 08:06:39 pm »

An example of a similarly tiered hero PL wise might help with the not knowing of mechanical scale. PL10 allows for a decent Iron Man from the first movie, or a Fraction!Hawkeye depending on how you want to play it.

Hammerspace is explained easily as a fluff thing, having your Powers associated with it appear as Devices but without the actual Device cost reduction, so if your Hammerspace Device gets knocked away it just reappears within Hammerspace once it's out of contact. If you want Hammerspace as an actual storage thing, that would be a bit different. Maybe have it follow rules similar to Base building, only with a one or two rank Hammerspace additional cost with the first rank requiring more time to obtain items and the second allowing free action acquisition.

If you wouldn't mind going more into the character as you want them, TBF, I'd appreciate that.

Is Magic a Common tag or a Very Common tag?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:08 pm »

An example of a similarly tiered hero PL wise might help with the not knowing of mechanical scale. PL10 allows for a decent Iron Man from the first movie, or a Fraction!Hawkeye depending on how you want to play it.

Hammerspace is explained easily as a fluff thing, having your Powers associated with it appear as Devices but without the actual Device cost reduction, so if your Hammerspace Device gets knocked away it just reappears within Hammerspace once it's out of contact. If you want Hammerspace as an actual storage thing, that would be a bit different. Maybe have it follow rules similar to Base building, only with a one or two rank Hammerspace additional cost with the first rank requiring more time to obtain items and the second allowing free action acquisition.

If you wouldn't mind going more into the character as you want them, TBF, I'd appreciate that.

I just linked my source material...
Also, if knocked away, it stays knocked, I think.  Hasn't exactly come up in source yet though.
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »

We're asking for the character you're playing though.  You're not just lifting a character entirely from a different game are you?
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:37 pm »

Wait wait wait... are people not sure how to do certain character aspects mechanically?

Well maybe I can help! PM me with what you are trying to pull off and I'll try to come up with something.

Make sure you do show the DM because sometimes these things get odd or cheesy in the wrong hands. Do NOT assume anything I bring forward is ok just because it follows the rules. This game, a lot like its distant cousin Champions/Herosystem, allows cheesy rules to allow a full scope but relies on player and DM hands to keep things from going off the rails.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:49:44 pm by Neonivek »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:35 pm »

Source material doesn't always mean exact copy, also I'm interested in your explanation of things as you explicitly saying what you want is a lot more helpful in making sure that we know what you want.

In the case of items then, it sounds like Devices or Equipment stored in Hammerspace, which would require GM help with creating unless I missed the Hammerspace Power somewhere.

Edit: Yeah I've read for like 5 minutes now and there is no consolidated list of abilities as far as I can tell, or I ended up not getting linked to where that actually is. If you want input on this as source material you'll need to do a summary of what you want.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:23:28 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 09:40:44 pm »

Hmmm

"Take stuff, put in hammerspace, pull out stuff at a later point only it might actually be better stuff if it's been in there a while".

Let me fetch my expanded rulebook JIC.

How are you structuring it as far as gameplay is concerned? Do you want to actually collect things, store them, and use them? Do you have a standard set of items? Have you collected so many things that you have a huge set or unlimited set of ordinary objects you  can call upon? Can you use hammer space in inventive ways (Such as shunting a bomb into it, to disable it)? CAn you pull more then one item out at a time?

Yet I have a very good idea of what you want. It just depends how you want this to play out.

---

HOWEVER I found something that might help.

There is a power in the expanded ruleset called "Dimensional Pocket"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:44:51 pm by Neonivek »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 10:23:26 pm »

Holy PTSD Child Soldier Batman. Ya ain't kidding about the misleading title.

So far I have no idea where the Hammerspace comes in, but it's basically an Iron Man build with varied weapon Powers. Shouldn't be hard at all the stat out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 10:34:08 pm »

Holy PTSD Child Soldier Batman. Ya ain't kidding about the misleading title.

So far I have no idea where the Hammerspace comes in, but it's basically an Iron Man build with varied weapon Powers. Shouldn't be hard at all the stat out.

Single suit with a lot of options (and weapons) or that on a mission you got a selection of which you will bring to the party?

Single Ironman suit with a bunch of gadgets and gizmos is easy enough and rather straight forward to build.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:39:45 pm by Neonivek »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 05:10:11 am »

The former, the linked thing is sort of like if Pacific Rim had the mechs be people sized and the synergy was with the singular pilot and the mech. Also there are some meta anime mechanics and the setting is at a Training Academy for the mechs.

It's neat looking.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 01:31:02 pm »

Common.  Any human who isn't a null could use magic via device but creating or obtaining one is out of the reach of 99% of people. It's in the new field of science stage
Shoes...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »

Hey, you wanna set up a Discord server or something so as to help with this?  Feel like being able to talk in real time would be helpful.

Ehh, what the heck, I'm just going to make the server now and transfer ownership if it comes up.

https://discord.gg/CwVur
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:48:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 03:01:26 pm »

Link isn't working, resend it?

I'm at work right now but yeaj, opening a discord early is a good idea.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4