Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17225 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:48:51 pm »

So this is just a short game, as simple as anything. Click on this link and you'll be given a random power. You must kill the other three players of the game, and you win, that's it. No stats, everything is a d6 roll, situational bonuses will be given to creative and clever uses of power.

E.g., If you get fire powers, just blasting plumes of flame doesn't get you a bonus, doing things like superheating the ground, melting metal, asphyxiating opponents, will, more often than not.

Excessively OP powers will be nerfed, so you can't just reality warp someone out of existence or stuff like that. Again, thinking outside the box will help circumvent any GM-imposed limitations.

Character sheet:

Name: Yep
Power: Leave a link to the power you get on the wiki.

I'll take four players.

Waitlist:

Spoiler: Coolrune (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: S34NIC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:42:09 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:54:38 pm »

Name: Theta
Power: Mental Plane Manipulation

YESSSS THIS IS THE BEST POWER
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:57:46 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:54:57 pm »

Name: Gaerei Tahna
Power:Death Infusion (VERY straightforward, though I have an idea...)

THINK AGAIN BUDDY.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »

Name: Gaerei Tahna
Power:Death Infusion (VERY straightforward, though I have an idea...)

THINK AGAIN BUDDY.

Every time Lady Luck favors me, she favors my adversary more.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

(All seriousness, I can already think of two or three ways to avoid the lethality of your power with my own)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 08:02:10 pm »

(Same.)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 08:09:12 pm »

Name:The Tactile Man

Power:Unusually good sense of touch.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 08:20:56 pm »

Name:Tech Monkey

Power:Technology Stopping
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:24:17 pm »

Name: Zenni
Power: Plot Control

Oh dear.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 08:28:46 pm »

You two got the short end of the stick; touching is perception, and none of us are relying on technology. I'll give one of you a shot though; At the start of the duel, you two play a game of rock-paper-scissors. Best 3 out of 5. Winner gets an object enchanted by yours truly.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 08:31:55 pm »

You two got the short end of the stick; touching is perception, and none of us are relying on technology. I'll give one of you a shot though; At the start of the duel, you two play a game of rock-paper-scissors. Best 3 out of 5. Winner gets an object enchanted by yours truly.
Super touch is better than tech stopping. Enemy Post could sense disturbances in the air, making him the greatest at dodging. Unfortunately, I don't think dodging is going to save you from my powers., especially if I suppress your sense of touch entirely.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 08:35:05 pm »

Super touch is better than tech stopping. Enemy Post could sense disturbances in the air, making him the greatest at dodging. Unfortunately, I don't think dodging is going to save you from my powers., especially if I suppress your sense of touch entirely.
Even if he can feel the movement of air caused by an attack from behind (which he probably can), it would not come with the reaction time needed to make use of it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »

I think, if I make it in, I win by default. I can just say "AND THUS IT WAS DECREED THAT COOLRUNE WOULD WIN", and use my powers to make it so. I think I won the super-power lottery; god-mode.

Then again, if I roll a 1, I'm sure the GM will have creative ways to screw me over :P
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »

I think, if I make it in, I win by default. I can just say "AND THUS IT WAS DECREED THAT COOLRUNE WOULD WIN", and use my powers to make it so. I think I won the super-power lottery; god-mode.

Then again, if I roll a 1, I'm sure the GM will have creative ways to screw me over :P
He'd hold you back by needing you to provide intricate, supporting details to the new plot, so that it is cohesive and can hold its own weight. Otherwise, it would collapse, and bad things could happen. It could turn out that you were Dead All Along.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 08:43:06 pm »

Not this time, look again.

Excessively OP powers will be nerfed, so you can't just reality warp someone out of existence or stuff like that. Again, thinking outside the box will help circumvent any GM-imposed limitations.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 08:58:41 pm »

Alright, we've got our peeps. Coolrune, you're waitlisted.

Your sheets:

Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yottawhat (click to show/hide)

If any of you guys want to argue for changing the imposed limitations on some powers, feel free. Turn will be up in a bit. Please copy and paste your folder at the end of each of your turns, with any changes to health.

Waitlist:

Spoiler: Coolrune (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:53:08 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13