Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17239 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »

If someone gets kidnapped, quickly kill the kidnapper with a life-draining choke after it's clear to bystanders that they tried to kidnapp someone.

You know, hypothetically.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2017, 04:13:29 am »

Tech Monkey and Tactile Man

"Hey, Hoodless Guy, where's the village you talked about?", Tech asks.

"Just beyond those trees. We should hurry."

While those two are making pleasant conversation, Tactile continues to fight for his life. His body springing up in one smooth movement, he draws his club and clocks the Ape-man in the jaw. The Ape falls, it's neck at an unnatural angle and it doesn't appear to be breathing.

Battle won!

There's still one Ape-man alive, but unconscious.

Theta and Cerberus Jr.

The two of you hatch your nefarious plot. Theta spots a large burly man carrying water jugs on his boulder-like shoulders. Reaching into the man's mind, you effortlessly take control of the unsuspecting man. Like a puppet on strings, he follows your command, harassing a nearby old man.

The old man is understandably frightened when the larger man angrily throws down his water pots, and begins manhandling him. The old man practically faints upon being grabbed, and people around the two of them start reacting in alarm.

The hero of this situation, Cerberus "SOC" Jr., bravely steps forward, immediately draining the life from the man. Being under Theta's control, the big man doesn't resist, and collapses to the ground, drained of all life.

[SOC has gained 1 new Death Charge!]

The people react very visibly to the death of their fellow man, but no one speaks or moves forward. Everyone stays and keeps to their business. It seems death is a common occurrence here.

The old man shakes his head, and looks to SOC and Theta. "Thank you. I don't understand why Olek was doing that, but in times like these...anybody can do anything I suppose."

Congratulations, at least one person thinks you two are heroes.

Make sure to update your inventory OceanSoul.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2017, 10:05:59 am »

Who were those creatures? Why did they attack us? Also, do you know why we were imprisioned?

Follow the other two as I speak.

If I notice Tech going for the stab, save the hoodless man. Take the hit if I have to.

Spoiler: The Tactile Man (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:46:34 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2017, 10:31:40 am »

"Got it"

Now stab the hoodless man in the stomach with my spike hand.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:40:54 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2017, 05:31:07 pm »

Yeah, one charge is enough for now. Look around, looking slightly saddened, as if by the regret for his "necessary" actions, for shops of some sort. If I find a magic shop, ask about water-based magic items. Maybe, I could enchant something basic for money,  which we could get something valuable for.

Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:14 am »

"That was shockingly easy..."

Smile a 'sad' smile. Follow Cerberus Jr wherever he decides to go. If we end up in a magic shop of sorts, see about some sort of magical focus object that will allow me to better use my power.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2017, 04:56:58 am »

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

Tech thanks the hoodless man for his help, then proceeds to thrust his spike hand immediately into the man's stomach. The attempted disembowelment fails, for in a  flash, the hoodless man grabs the spiked limb with both hands, redirecting the pointy end away from him in a smooth motion.

Tactile promptly moves to stop Tech, shoulder tackling Tech at just the right angle. Tech is sent sprawling, hoodless guy letting go of the limb just in time, before stepping back.

"Why did you just try to kill me? My people need your help, I am not your enemy." he says to Tech, giving Tactile a nod of thanks.

Tech stands up, dusts himself off, and stares down the two.

Things are heating up in this forest.

SOC and Theta

SOC looks around at the most mystical looking building of the bunch, and finds a circular cabin with a nice bit of smoke coming out the central chimney.

Inside, is a woman wearing a hood, standing over a workbench. She looks up at you briefly, then gets back to her work.

After inquiring about any water based magic items, the hooded lady shrugs.

"We have some Ancient Warrior trinkets you might like, here's a cube that draws water from the air into it. Useful for treks into wilderness without any clean drinking water.  Depends on what you'd be willing to exchange. Anything else you were after?"

Answering Theta's question
, "Hmm, a mind toucher. I wouldn't let people know about that, there are certain minions of the Great Stone Dragon they'd confuse you for. Here. A necklace passed down generations, you'll feel a bit of a bite on your neck but once it does your head will feel faster and more free than it would have ever been."

Do you want these items?

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2017, 09:47:54 am »

With my club and my powers, defend myself and the hoodless man if Tech attacks again.

Otherwise, follow the hoodless man's lead.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:13:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2017, 09:54:11 am »

Politely decline the trinket. Take a look at any other magical objects here. Also, ask where I could ups get a normal headband. I think I may be able to enchant it to grip harder on the head of whoever wears it, crushing their brain to death.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »

Accept the trinket.

"Cerberus, you're going to have to protect me for a bit when I put this thing on- provided it hurts as much as I'm expecting."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2017, 03:34:24 pm »

Accept the trinket.

"Cerberus, you're going to have to protect me for a bit when I put this thing on- provided it hurts as much as I'm expecting."
"Couldn't you use your mind-powers on yourself to reduce the amount of pain you feel?"

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2017, 04:16:13 pm »

Tech's eyes dart between Tactile and the Hoodless man, he stares between the two for a second before breaking out into laughter.

"HAA HA! Oh jeez man sorry about that, you know how combat goes though. All that adrenaline and hormones and shit. Bit hard to tell friend from foe.

Welp, best head to that village you talked about"

Turn to the direction the Hoodless man pointed to and start walking.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:31:36 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2017, 05:04:15 pm »

Accept the trinket.

"Couldn't you use your mind-powers on yourself to reduce the amount of pain you feel?"

"I'm not sure I can mind control myself- I'm too astute, and likely innately resistant to mind control. It's like asking a dragon to kill itself with its fire breath."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2017, 11:42:34 pm »

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

"HAA HA! Oh jeez man sorry about that, you know how combat goes though. All that adrenaline and hormones and shit. Bit hard to tell friend from foe.

Welp, best head to that village you talked about"

The hoodless man just shakes his head. "I don't know what to say to that, but never mind. Let's keep moving."

The three of you move to the trees, and find yourself at the end of a village of people, filled with huts and cabins.

"Come, I must take you to my chieftain."

SOC and Theta

Cerberus Jr. decides to decline the water cube, not feeling it necessary. Theta does like the necklace, and chooses it.

"You two are the chosen warriors, aren't you? Strange, neither of you seem to resemble the Ancients, but what do I know, I'm just the apprentice magician." she grumbles. "Take the necklace, free of charge." [ Theta has received the Necklace of Clarity ]

SOC asks where he can get a normal headband. "Please, everyone has one. Take this, I never get to style my hair much these days anyway. [ SOC has received a normal headband ]

Bracing herself for the shock of putting it on, Theta closes her eyes and equips the necklace. It latches on, tiny pinpricks biting into her neck. No real pain, or dizziness, or anything. But when Theta tugs at it, she realises she can't exactly take it off, not without tearing off flesh.

The effects are immediate, as Theta's mind immediately expands to an even greater extent than before. [+1 to all mental rolls. ]

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »

"Lead the way, sir. By the way, do you have any healers here? I took a nasty blow from the ogre guarding my cell."

My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13