Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17192 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [0/4]
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:23 pm »

I thought I'd be able to enchant common objects into (magically) killing things they would have normally killed or that they related to. For example, making a paddleball kill time, hypnotizing the user and making them age at a much faster rate. I'm OK with what I have, though my creativity is sorta stifled.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 09:10:39 pm »

I think, if I make it in, I win by default. I can just say "AND THUS IT WAS DECREED THAT COOLRUNE WOULD WIN", and use my powers to make it so. I think I won the super-power lottery; god-mode.

Then again, if I roll a 1, I'm sure the GM will have creative ways to screw me over :P

Not this time, look again.

Excessively OP powers will be nerfed, so you can't just reality warp someone out of existence or stuff like that. Again, thinking outside the box will help circumvent any GM-imposed limitations.
Thinking outside the box is my specialty. Muahahah.

Shit. I have no idea how I'd use this power.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:11:19 pm »

Oceansoul: That seems alright, I'll switch that out for the general damage bonus. The more powerful the enchantment, the more death charges required.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 09:12:32 pm »

Name:The Tactile Man

Power:Unusually good sense of touch.
Name:Tech Monkey

Power:Technology Stopping
You two got the short end of the stick; touching is perception, and none of us are relying on technology. I'll give one of you a shot though; At the start of the duel, you two play a game of rock-paper-scissors. Best 3 out of 5. Winner gets an object enchanted by yours truly.

I think that's a good bargain, if Yottawhat agrees.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:18 pm »

Don't know if this applies to 'mind control' but I wanted to be able to utilize the sensory manipulation/hallucination inducing part of my power as well. Yknow, like inducing crippling pain from wounds that aren't really there? Or making someone feel like they are falling perpetually? Thanks for consideration in advance.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 09:23:08 pm »

That does fall under the purview of mind control, don't need to change anything there.

Posting the turn.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

Name:The Tactile Man

Power:Unusually good sense of touch.
Name:Tech Monkey

Power:Technology Stopping
You two got the short end of the stick; touching is perception, and none of us are relying on technology. I'll give one of you a shot though; At the start of the duel, you two play a game of rock-paper-scissors. Best 3 out of 5. Winner gets an object enchanted by yours truly.

I think that's a good bargain, if Yottawhat agrees.
With my current Powers, I'd have to kill something first for the charges. How much killedgrass would amount to 1 charge? How many trees? I'd be willing to have a truce period for the first few turns so everybody can set something up.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:30 pm »

Turn 1:

Theta:

You awaken in a cell, with a locked steel door. The walls around you are made of stone brick, and the only other thing in the room with you is a chained, angry looking rottweiler, with a key around its neck.

Gaerei ( why did you pick such a complicated spelling, why )

You wake up on a stone brick floor, in a corridor. There are two doors, one is made of steel the other is made of wood. The steel one is locked. You can hear something squirming behind the wooden door.

The Tactile Man

You wake up in a bed, the walls and roof around you are made of metal. Looking around, there is a computer terminal, with cameras showing three other individuals. One is in a cell made of stone, next to a dog. Another is just outside the cell, in a corridor. The third is in a similar place as you, a metal room, surrounded by various cabinets.

A door leads out.

Tech Monkey:

You wake up in what appears to be a metal storeroom, and you nearly bang your head on an open door of a wooden cabinet. Checking inside, you see a telescopic baton, like the type policemen or security guards use in place of nightsticks.

You can sense a camera in the room.

A door leads out.

Please remember to copy paste your sheets at the end of each of your turns, with any changes to health, inventory, etc. Makes my job easier, and is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:33:11 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:23 pm »

Cautiously peek out of my room.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:30:58 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:32 pm »

NRDL, I think you got my character switched with Coolrune's.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 09:33:20 pm »

NRDL, I think you got my character switched with Coolrune's.

Whoops. My bad.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:02 pm »

(I won't say...yet. But don't expect me to say it in the next few months unless someone figures it out.)Look through the wooden door. If there is an animal or something on the other side of the door, get it to come to me, then rot the wood by Draining any semblance of Life it once had and Life Drain whatever NPC's on the other side of the door.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:41:28 am by OceanSoul »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 09:39:38 pm »

Take and the baton and walk out of the room, blowing the camera up at the same time.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 09:43:17 pm »

"Oh, look! A dog. Such an easy target for my abilities..."

Use my power to have the dog realize me as its God and master, ordering it to yield and pacifying it. Take the key from its neck and let myself out if I succeed.

Spoiler: Theta (click to show/hide)

((ALSO, I get your name OceanSoul. It's Giratina, a ghost dragon legendary from Pokemon. In Unsanity, you'd character's name is a reference to Zoroark, another legendary from Pokemon. Gotcha!))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 10:06:29 pm »

Turn 2:

The Tactile Man

You caaaaarefully open the door, and seeing nothing, you step out. The hallway, similarly made of metal, leads to a decrepit chrome room, which as far as you can tell is a reception room. A similar terminal sits on a table to your left, and to your right, is a set of stairs leading to a door. Your gaze goes up the stairs, only to stop when you see what's sitting in front of the door.

Sitting at the top of the stairs, is an ogre. It's not green, it's blue, and it doesn't have any real clothes on, but it does have a nasty looking wooden billy club. The ogre is a fair bit larger than you, but judging from the raucous snoring sound, it's asleep.

Suddenly, in front of you, you hear an explosion appear from a door. The door swings open and out comes an individual holding a police baton. You stare at each other, then look at the ogre, which has just woken up.

Son of Cerberus

You attempt to rot through the wooden door, making noise so that whatever's on the other side comes to investigate. The wood does give way, not completely, but enough for you to see through various rot-caused holes. Inside is...a squid. A giant, slimy squid looking thing, the size of a man, just crawling about on the ground leaving secretion everywhere. It has not noticed you.

The door will give way with even a slight push.

You can hear the steel door open behind you.

Tech Monkey

Smiling at your good fortune, you take the baton, give it a click and a swish, enjoying the telescopic action. Offhandedly, you blow up the camera, as a nice fuck you to whoever may be watching.

Stepping outside, you find yourself face to face with an individual who, like you, is wearing a nondescript gray jump suit. Before you can make anything of this person, you turn to your left and notice a freaking blue ogre at the top of a set of stairs, looking like somebody just interrupted its nap. And it looks pissed.

Theta

Eager to test out your powers in this new place, you reach into the dog's mind. It's the expected mess of aggression and instinct, easy enough to mollify. The dog quiets down, and while you concentrate, you move forward and grab the key from its neck. Breaking the mental connection, the dog is still affected enough to not be visibly hostile.

Stepping outside, you see a grey jump suited individual, much the same as the one you're wearing, peeking through a very shabby looking door.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:09:19 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13