Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17165 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2017, 05:37:59 pm »

I could've sworn I posted for this....

Search for survivors. If a rock an attempts to attack me, sever arm with scythe and life drain through a tentacle.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2017, 08:09:15 pm »

Tactile Man struggles to get out of the grasp of the Rockmen, but with his injuries and the superior strength of the two holding him, is unable to. The lead Rockman takes a swing at Tactile's face, which misses when Tactile cheekily moves his head out of the way. The Rockmen at his side, not amused, pull Tactile's arms out of his sockets. Death by bloodloss was mercifully quick.

[TACTILE MAN HAS DIED]

In the Artefact Hut, Tech Monkey utilises his tentacle to lash at the nearest opponent, missing by a hair. The Rockman finally gets within arms range, and backhands Tech across the face. [ Tech's life drops to Caution ]

The hooded woman behind Tech pulls a ring on her finger and aims it at the Rockman. The ring starts sparking, unleashing a huge blast of energy that disintegrates the Rockman at the lead, but also has the side effect of blowing up the lady's hand.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!", she screams, collapsing to the ground, next to the equally prone Tech.

[ Currently fighting: 1 ]

Theta and his new flunky ( whom Theta has not named yet ) go in search of SOC, who in turn is out searching for survivors. The two ( technically three, but let's count the guard as just an extra set of limbs for Theta to manipulate ) meet up, and bring each other more or less up to speed on the shit that's been going on in their respective corners of the battlefield.

Just as they are about to decide what to do next, a portal opens up nearby, and out flops a gentleman wearing the same silver skintight jumpsuit that the rest of them were wearing.

[ Zenni has joined the game ]

Welp, we've had our first fatality. Thanks for playing Enemy Post, you just got some really unlucky rolls. Coolrune, you're in.

Spoiler: Coolrune (click to show/hide)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2017, 08:22:35 pm »

Zenni rises, blinking, and looks at his hands.

"Now where in blasted tarnation am I?"

He turns his eyes to those around him, curiously, as if expecting an immediate answer.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2017, 08:27:37 pm »

Tech rubs the Rockman hit him and stares back at it.

"That actually hurts."

Use my Traveler's friend to teleport out the hut and detonate all the technology inside it.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »

Zenni rises, blinking, and looks at his hands.

"Now where in blasted tarnation am I?"

He turns his eyes to those around him, curiously, as if expecting an immediate answer.

"Wonderful. More meat for the grinder. Stay still for a moment, will you?"

Read Zenni's mind for any knowledge he may possess, particularly his own abilities.. Portal people are suspicious.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2017, 08:41:30 pm »

Zenni reflexively backs up; after being teleported to the middle of an unknown place, and being told that he is "meat for the grinder", he is obviously suspicious.

After a millisecond of thinking, he makes a break for it, not caring about direction.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »

Zenni reflexively backs up; after being teleported to the middle of an unknown place, and being told that he is "meat for the grinder", he is obviously suspicious.

After a millisecond of thinking, he makes a break for it, not caring about direction.

"And the portal person tries to run! All the more questionable."

Hold him still... telekinetically.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2017, 09:17:46 pm »

GG
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2017, 09:20:24 pm »

Run away from Zenni.
((I like this power.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

Run away from Zenni.
((I like this power.))

((Shouldn't the GM be rolling? Not sure I can trust a player not to reroll a few times...))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:45 pm »

I did, I PM him the amount of words he can change. Just avoids clutter on the main thread.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2017, 09:31:50 pm »

((I believe I have words left. I know I said my last question in PM would be my last. So I'm putting it in the thread to make it true. Can I change the words of players not in my general vicinity?))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »

((Go ahead and inform FallacyOfUrist that his number's been called. Plot Control is probably the most un-fun power I can think of anyone in an RTD having, and since I play RTDs for fun I have no incentive to stay with a practically omnipotent character. Also, they can change the way my character behaves- detracts from the RP part of the experience.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:18 pm »

I'll be honest, I've been looking for an excuse to end this game, it's gotten a bit too unwieldy for me to have any fun GMing, and the fact that players may not enjoy certain aspects of certain powers and rules ( which will only really get worse as time goes on ) is really the clincher. I'm locking the thread.

Sorry to everybody who was having any sort of fun with my half-assed idea for a game.  I'm thinking of doing a simple Minimalist god game/universe creation thing, anybody playing here who wants to do that gets first crack at it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]