Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 16959 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2017, 08:50:32 am »

Name: Variety Hour
Power:reality filtering

Dear god, I love it and hate it at the same time. On one hand, I could have knights, cyborgs, and cyberknights. On the other hand, everything is essentially ordinary for me outside of theme changing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:54:00 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Ignoring the other prisoner, walk past the Orge while it's distracted and head up the stairs.
Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »

Turn 4:

The Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

The Ogre attacks Tactile Man, charing forward and swinging. Tactile sees the blow coming, and proceeds to gracefully pivot and sidestep the swing. He gestures at Tech Monkey to attack the Ogre from behind, but Tech ain't having none of that.

Deciding to be a tad more opportunistic, Tech runs up the stairs, making it about midway when the Ogre turns around and throws his club at Tech. It misses, but does cause Tech to stop in his tracks. The Ogre is advancing towards him now.

"NO ONE LEAVES. NO ONE ALLOWED." bellows the Ogre. The Ogre is now physically unarmed, with the club resting on the left side of the stairs, on the floor.

The Ogre is now facing Tech Monkey. The door at the top of the stairs is made of chiseled stone, with no obvious opening mechanism.

Son of Cerberus and Theta

Theta, deciding to cut the bullshit, activates the power within and proceeds to violently stamp out neural activity in the squid's primitive brain. The squid starts to panic, flailing it's tentacles about everywhere as it feels like everything's both on fire and getting immensely cold.

SOC attempts to drain the life-force from the panicking squid, but one of the tentacles of the cephalopod smacks him upside the head. It doesn't cause much damage, but the whiplash is hilarious and knocks him back.

The squid, whose mental synapses have completely fried at this point, enters a state of berserker fury, charging forward at SOC, who is again knocked back. This time, he manages to lay a hand on the Squid, instantly draining life from it. The squid grows paler and more sluggish, but it's body's not giving out just yet, even if it's mind has.

The drained squid ambles about, not even able to get its bearings, and will in all likelihood die in a few turns from organ failure due to its currently nonfunctional nervous system. It will attack anything that moves forward, but right now, the initiative is yours.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2017, 04:53:19 pm »

The Tactile Man

I hurry to the bottom of the stairs and try to bluff (or at least distract) the ogre before it stomps Tech Monkey.

Hold on now, I'm allowed to leave. Why else would I have access to the cameras from my room?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:04:44 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »

Uh... I'm No One, so I'm just gonna leave now."

Start slowly walking backwards up the stairs, watching the Orge as I move.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:00:42 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »

Theta

"If we just sit back for a bit, it should die of complete organ failure. After all, it's autonomic nervous system no longer functions. As long as we don't advance toward it, I don't think it will put up any further fight."

Theta waits patiently, prepared to avoid any unaccounted for advances the squid makes.

Spoiler: Theta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:48:13 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2017, 07:04:47 pm »

Turn around, and walk backwards into the squid while draining it. Since I'm not moving forward, it won't attack me. Keep on Drainin' this time a different body part from a different angle.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »

Name: DaNA
Power:DNA Link
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2017, 08:31:07 pm »

Turn 5:

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

Hold on now, I'm allowed to leave. Why else would I have access to the cameras from my room?

Tactile attempts to confuse the Ogre, after all, it's a big dumb oaf right? Yes, unfortunately it's a very stubborn big dumb oaf.

"YOU LIE. NO ONE ALLOWED. CRUSH LIARS."

The Ogre rushes at Tactile who barely manages to avoid getting grabbed, but is now in direct striking range, with his back to the wall. Dodging backwards will be difficult.

Tech uses this opportunity to spout a little bit of Greek mythology, but the Ogre isn't a cyclops so it doesn't get the reference and instead continues attempting to corner Tactile. Tech reaches the stone door, and inspects it. There are no handles, buttons, keyholes or anything, but there is a faint clicking noise going on inside or behind the door.

Theta and Son of Cerberus

Theta is content to just let the squid flounder and die on its own, but SOC has other ideas. Going in for the kill, he tries to use wordplay to get around my restriction, nice try manages to successfully drain the life out of the squid, absorbing every iota of life force. However, the squid, in its last squishy hurrah, bites SOC square in the chest, causing a moderate wound.

SOC backs away, nearly bumping into Theta. All of a sudden, SOC feels weird, heaving over. Is it the wound on his chest? No, it's...a pair of tentacles suddenly sprouting from his sides.

Well. At least you can say the squid left a lasting impression. SOC has gained 1 death charge.

OceanSoul, both you and the squid rolled a six. I made the best of it. Here's an update to your sheet:

Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:21:39 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2017, 08:57:13 pm »

"Hm..."

Using my power, temporarily stop the clicking noise. Then try pushing open the door.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2017, 09:16:06 pm »

Theta

"You look different, Gaerei. Did you do something with your hair?" Theta quips, eyeing the extra pair of arms his 'ally' has grown. "I have a bit of an idea: Don't interrupt me at all until I give the OK, this will benefit both of us. And make sure nothing else interrupts me either, if you'd please..."

Materialize a steel scythe as a weapon for SOC
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:17:28 am by Mallos »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

Look for a material like paper, that I could scratch something in, and maybe something to write with. Squid ink, probably? I have an idea..
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2017, 09:53:53 pm »

The Tactile Man

Duck and roll out between the ogre's legs to escape being cornered.

Hey, other guy! Mind kicking that extra club down here, if you aren't using it?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2017, 01:20:57 am »

Turn 6:

Tech Monkey and the Tactile Man

Tech rushes up to the door, and focusing his power, makes the clicking noise stop. Beyond that, the mechanism remains unclear. Suddenly, a circular hole opens up in the door's centre. No matter how hard you try, you can't see inside the darkness of the hole. All of a sudden, a blinding white light floods out from the hole, and inscriptions made of light appear above it on the stone. "Offer thine hand, collect thy reward."

Meanwhile, Tactile attempts to roll underneath the Ogre's legs, but before he can make it all the way through, the Ogre grabs his right leg and lifts him into the air before painfully slamming him back down [ Tactile's health has been reduced to caution ].

Hey, other guy! Mind kicking that extra club down here, if you aren't using it?, he says in a pained wheeze. The Ogre still has a grip on your leg.

Theta and SOC

Theta, after a bit of snarking at Gaerei's expense, decides to focus on conjuring something from nothing, well, more like the recesses of her mind. Air shimmers around her hands, a steel scythe appears, of finer make than human hands could possibly craft. [+1 to attack ]. The choice to give the scythe to SOC is still there to make.

Not wanting to interrupt Theta's...whatever, SOC looks around for anything to write on, paper, parchment, clay. Nada, zilch. Casually inspecting his new appendages, he does not that they do secret small amounts of ink. Not violently enough to blind or spray, nowhere near enough control or internal fluid pressure to do so.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2017, 01:52:47 am »

Theta

"Wow. This scythe is so magnificent that I almost regret the decision to hand it to you."
Theta gives it to SOC anyway, realizing it fits his theme better. "I'm going to do something like that again, and from then on we can look at exploring. Don't interrupt me, make sure nothing else does either- that scythe is a symbol of my admittedly shallow trust in you. If I thought you'd kill me, I wouldn't give you your weapon first and then leave myself vulnerable."
Theta concentrates on materializing a war-scourge, as in a steel-weighted whip-flail thing.

Spoiler: Theta (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13