Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]  (Read 17242 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to kill each other with random superpowers [4/4]
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2017, 02:10:27 am »

"Huh."

Shove my hand into the dark mysterious hole.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 08:00:54 am »

Name: Person
Power: Spirit Possession

I'm joining the wait list too I guess. Maybe there will be a round two, who knows. I've certainly got an interesting power.

Fake Edit: Oh okay yeah this seems far less useful than I thought at first glance.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2017, 12:31:42 pm »

The Tactile Man

Alright, fine, I'll go back to my room.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:55 am »

Almost forgot about this. Enchant scythe to better sever things hit struck by its blade.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 05:52:03 am »

Theta and SOC

Theta, after generously giving away her pretty new scythe, decides to get a toy for herself. Materialising a scourge out of thin air, Theta inspects her new weapon. It's of fine make, no defects, but it lacks the unnaturally potent quality of the scythe. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

SOC for his part decides to kick his new scythe up a notch, investing his newly acquired death charge. Running his hands along the scythe, spectral energy pours forth, turning outlines of the scythe blacker than the void, making it much sharper [ +2 bonus to attack now ]. It's not quite "beyond any definition of sharpness" but it's getting there.

Tech Monkey and Tactile Man

Tech shoves his right hand into the glowing hole in the wall. All of a sudden, pain shoots up his arm, pain as he's never felt before. Attempting to remove it is fruitless, and he nearly dislocates his shoulder trying to pull it out. Just when he thinks the pain will overwhelm him, the light fades, and his arm flies out. Only...his arm is no longer his. Well, it's his, but it's not the same. He can't feel any bones, any muscles, it's like the arm starting from the elbow is liquid flesh. Interesting. The door flies open, revealing a portal. You wonder where it goes.

Then there's Tactile's situation.

"Alright, fine, I'll go back to my room.", he says to the Ogre. The Ogre ain't having none of that. The Ogre lifts him up to swing Tactile against the ground like Tom Hiddleston again, but in a feat of both luck and amazing coordination, Tactile slips his leg out of the brute's grip, and lands on his feet, again in front of the Ogre. Trying his luck again, he successfully rolls between the Ogre's legs, simultaneously heel kicking the Ogre in the nards, seemingly as an afterthought. The Ogre collapses to its knees, in too much pain to move. The Ogre is now prone.

Updated your sheet, Yottawhat.

Spoiler: Yottawhat (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 09:32:29 am »

Excuse me, why am I not on the wait list?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 10:29:29 am »

The Tactile Man

While the ogre is distracted, run upstairs, grab the club, and dive through the portal that Tech Monkey just opened.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 04:00:33 pm »

"Neat!"

Walk through the portal.

Spoiler: Tech Monkey (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:27 pm »

I'd like to join the waitlist, but can I take another crack at the superpower? I feel like this isn't the most combat oriented power.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »

You can have a related power, Regenerative Healing Factor. Loss of limbs will take several turns to heal, lesser injuries will heal in a turn, instant death will still kill you ( enough damage to the brain, decapitation, etc. ) Don't roll a 1 if your opponent rolls a 5-6, all I'm saying.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2017, 05:26:35 pm »

Theta takes a few test-lashes of the scourge before coiling it up and holding it at waist level, left-handedly. "Right. Well, I think we're good to start exploring this facility. Lead the way, friend- you'll step on traps before I do!", Theta snickers morbidly.

Explore if SOC is ready
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:27 pm »

bumpidy bump-bump
bump-bump

pls don't die, I like being a sarcastic telepath
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »

Oh wait, I forgot to put an action AGAIN! SO SORRY!

Anyway, change of plans.Examine room for special things. Gather ink from the squid, if possible.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2017, 06:05:24 pm »

Tactile Man and Tech Monkey

The Ogre is really out of it from the pain, so Tactile rushes past and grabs the wooden billy club. It's heavy, but usable. Along with Tech, the two of you walk through the portal...

When the light fades from your eyes, you find yourself in a clearing, surrounded by a forest. A hooded man approaches.

"Welcome warriors...I see you have passed the test. One of you's claimed the weapon. You will need it." he says, gesturing to Tech's new upgraded lower arm.

"Follow." he says, while walking back in the direction he came from.

Theta and SOC

SOC manages to harvest a fair bit of ink from the dead squid, storing it in his own tentacles. Ewww.

The two explore through the rest of the area, moving past the Squid Room. Past the door is a teleport pad, which looks rather badly maintained and is sparking in various places. Still powered, and on a computer monitor gives you a list of choices:

Destination 1: Upper floor
Destination 2: Village
Destination 3: Hell outpost

I probably won't be able to do a turn tomorrow, sorry guys. I'll see if I can catch up on Sunday.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13