Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Derelict [5/5] - Update 7  (Read 3261 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: The Derelict [5/5] - Update 5
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 01:40:04 pm »

"Their was a primed explosive set on this ship!, you wouldn't know how such ancient explosives could still be working but I safely evaded it but now I have a crack on my EVA suit. Need to save air, running back to where the bridge is and anyone who is driving the shuttle please connect back to the bridge" Final words to save my fleeting dignity

While holding my hand on my suit's crack to save as much air as possible start sprinting back to the bridge where was, hopefully left all our Patchwork Repair Supplies their
(PLZ for dear god plz tell me that our Shuttle has a personal life support on it, also where is our repair supplies at?)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:42:51 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2017, 01:48:28 pm »

Theres a small fighter ship docked her in hanger 1. Which I hereby call dibs on. It may have personal life support on it.

While examining the ship, see if it is functional and check to see if it has life support.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 10:30:36 pm »

((Dead?))

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: The Derelict [5/5] - Update 6
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 11:27:50 pm »

No, not dead. I was just stupid and I somehow thought there had been only one post this entire time.
I may send anyone who hasn't posted by late tomorrow a PM just in case they may have forgotten about this.

Update 6
As Adrihel desperately sprints to the bridge where some repair supplies are kept, Dr. Roboson investigates the fighter.
The doctor pries open the canopy of the powerless fighter, revealing a nicely non-broken small cockpit. He reaches in and searches for some kind of power switch. The possibility of motion control is quickly thrown out, and eventually he finds a moderately-sized switch hidden with some other more "advanced" controls of the cockpit labeled "MNL CCKPIT STRT". Seems straightforward enough, thought the doctor.
He switches the lever and nothing happens. Dr. Roboson feels like there may be other options here, but he's a doctor, not an engineer, dammit. Dr. Roboson, temporarily giving up on the power, decides to look for signs of life support instead. He spots several vents in the cockpit that heavily suggest some kind of life support system.

Soon Adrihel enters the bridge and hastily grabs a unit of patchwork repair supplies. He tries to repair the crack, but fails and ends up losing the supplies. Growing more desperate, he takes another unit. This time, he succesfully covers the crack. It's ugly and probably not as secure as an undamaged suit, but it works and is no longer threatening to kill Adrihel. Ultimately, he used 2u Patchwork Repair Supplies in fixing his suit.

Bracken strolls into the bridge a bit later, admiring the debris from Adrihel's hastened repair job. Bracken approaches the Bridge Control terminal and tried to determine if he could find a proper diagnostic tool. After a few minutes of failed attempts, he finally gets somewhere. Curious, he runs the diagnostic procedure he finds. He skips through the stuff already seen before and focuses on information behind Auxiliary Reactor 1.

SHIP DIAGNOSTICS V031.65

Error: Unable to access local Database. Switching to local storage.
Warning: Some systems may not be checked in local storage mode. Please enter in system name to input into local storage in order to check.

POWER
Primary Reactor  ...  OPERATION ERROR  [LOG]
Auxiliary Reactor 1  ...  OPERATION ERROR  [LOG]

Bracken selects the log for Auxiliary Reactor 1 - the reactor he was having trouble with earlier.

AUXILIARY REACTOR 1 DIAGNOSTIC LOG

Error: No connection to Overload Capacitor
Cause: "Conduit C" is not responding. Conduit is likely severed or damaged.
Safety shutdown is in place: No connection to Overload Capacitor has extreme chance of inducing reactor meltdown.

Bracken steps away from the terminal, having learned the exact cause of the error.

Ship Status
Bridge Control Systems
Notice: Sufficient power input detected to allow System Probes. Nonresponding systems have been probed to determine reason for nonresponse.

Navigation  ...  NOT RESPONDING
Propulsion   ...  NO POWER
Weapons  ...  NOT RESPONDING

Power Control interface connection  ...  ONLINE
Intercom connection ... ONLINE

> _

Known Systems
The number at the front in [brackets] represents the power usage or generation when active. Blue indicates the system is currently online and producing power. Green indicates that the system is online. Gray indicates the system is currently offline. Bracketed phrases in red or orange indicate issues with the system.
USED POWER: 20/32

[+200]  Primary Reactor  [BROKEN - CONTAINMENT BREACH, CATALYST MISSING]
[+30]  Auxiliary Reactor 1  [UNKNOWN]
[+30]  Auxiliary Reactor 2
[+2]  Portable Generator
[-10]  Life Support  [BROKEN]
[-4]  Atmospheric Containment Shielding
[-30]  Auxiliary Forward Thrusters  [NO POWER]
[-15]  Sensors 
[-2]  Auxiliary Systems
Notable Areas
- Bridge (The large extensive bridge at the front of the ship.)
- Hull Opening 1 (A moderately-sized opening in the hole near the bridge that was used to dock the shuttle at.)
- Observation Room (A large mostly-glass observation room fairly close to the bridge. Has plenty of storage, an office-like workspace, and a large multi-use holotable in the center. Plenty of surfaces to use for just about anything.)
- Hangar 1 (A large hangar with atmospheric shielding when powered. Blast doors. Raised control room on center of wall facing hangar opening. Located on the front half of the ship, starboard side.)
- Hangar 2 (A large hangar with atmospheric shielding when powered. Raised control room on center of wall facing hangar opening. Located on the front half of the ship, starboard side.)
- Armory 1 (Secure door - Unknown interior. Along the center portion of the ship close to the front.)
- Hull Opening 2 (A small hull opening in an otherwise empty room. Just barely fits the Dove Transport Shuttle. Located near Engineering.)
- Reactor Room (A huge room housing the primary reactor as well as several auxiliary reactors. Located at the rear side of the ship next to other engineering rooms, far away from the bridge.)
Assets
- "Dove" Long-Range Transport Shuttle [At: Hull Opening 2] (Capacity: 6)
- Unknown Fighter (At: Hangar 1)

- Portable Generator [At: Reactor Room] (Provides +3 power)

- 11u Patchwork Repair Supplies (Supplies commonly carried on military ship for temporary field repairs.)
- 5u Spare Electronics

The Team
Spoiler: ATHATH - "Hackerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson - Dr. Roboson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:36:04 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2017, 12:29:45 am »

There has got to be an "on" switch somewhere around here. He mumbles to himself.

Dr. Roboson keeps looking for the way to activate the ship, pressing any button or flipping any switch that may turn it on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:20:49 am by Roboson »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2017, 03:34:18 am »

Can I get on the waitlist please this looks interesting

Name: Giglam Harvol
Previous Profession/Occupation: Colony Construction (aquatic)
Skill: Mechanical engineer

Background: Giglam Harvol was one of the many people needed to create the basics of life on alien worlds with the world he was working on being 90% water the colony was built on water with the engineers having to take regular trips underwater to maintain the robots doing the construction. After the colony was finished the corporation responsible ended all the workers contracts to avoid paying promised bonuses.

Motivation: Giglam wants to set up an truly independent colony one that isn't funded or controlled by a corporation or far off Goverment

(I kind of want to be an engineer. I know we have one but couldn't think of anything else that isn't already covered)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 05:33:27 pm »

Head back to engineering and see if there's any spare parts left for the conduit and auxiliary reactors.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:21 pm »

Now after a close encounter with death and asphyxiation I will head out of the bridge and go out exploring and prioritizing the life support system place and/or building

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: The Derelict [5/5] - Update 7
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »

Gotcha, killer. Putting your character in the waitlist.
Also, a PM is being sent to Lorknis and ATHATH after this update since at the moment they're seemingly inactive. If one doesn't respond for a fairly long period of time (a week max, probably) then their character will switch places with someone on the waitlist. I'm sure it's just that they forgot about it, but I'd like to lay out the general plan if someone goes inactive or leaves regardless.

Aand let me know if you think your character's autonomous actions during updates are too much. I try to include some autonomy to prevent needless busywork, but at times I may go too far so just lemme know if that happens.

Update 7

Adrihel explores - prioritize life support systems
Bracken heads to engineering - find spare parts for conduits and auxiliary reactor
Dr. Roboson presses any seen buttons trying to turn on the fighter.

Dr. Roboson glares at the fighter, taking a few steps back and surveying the situation. He decides that the most rational plan of action now is to press as many buttons and pull as many switches as possible. Logical, of course.
He begins his search for switches at the back. Immediately, the doctor's eyes notice a maintenance panel labeled "ENG ACS". He opens it and sees a variety of things to press and mess with.
Slightly cautious about the whole thing still, the doctor carefully flicks the first switch. Nothing happens. He flips it back. He decides that he should probably start with the big lever-type switch, and pulls it. A sputter is heard from the engine as lights appear in the cockpit.

While the doctor "fixes" the fighter, Adrihel assures that his patchwork is secure then heads out the bridge into the corridors to look for some kind of life support.

As Adrihel explores the halls, checking each and every door, Bracken eventually arrives at engineering to search for parts that could be used to fix the Auxiliary Reactor's conduit or anything else useful for reactor repair. Bracken searches a multitude of deserted closets and shelves to this end, but eventually finds 3u of Industrial Cabling. The engineer knew that this stuff would certainly be able to replace a broken conduit.
While Bracken didn't find any additional engineering supplies after noting the industrial cabling, he does stumble across what looks to be the primary life support room. He lets Adrihel know about this over the radio.

After learning of the location of the Primary Life Support room from Bracken, Adrihel quickly finds his way there. He takes a cursory glance inside the room and it's about what he expected. Plenty of equipment all seemingly used to make sure people can stay on board the ship without an EVA suit. Everything appears like it should be functioning, but immediately after the room's interfaces and lighting powers on, Adrihel notices a problem. A console has printed out a flashing concise error report:
Error: Cannot resume Life Support operations. Purification Module not present.

Ship Status
Bridge Control Systems
Notice: Sufficient power input detected to allow System Probes. Nonresponding systems have been probed to determine reason for nonresponse.

Navigation  ...  NOT RESPONDING
Propulsion   ...  NO POWER
Weapons  ...  NOT RESPONDING

Power Control interface connection  ...  ONLINE
Intercom connection ... ONLINE

> _

Known Systems
The number at the front in [brackets] represents the power usage or generation when active. Blue indicates the system is currently online and producing power. Green indicates that the system is online. Gray indicates the system is currently offline. Bracketed phrases in red or orange indicate issues with the system.
USED POWER: 20/32

[+200]  Primary Reactor  [BROKEN - CONTAINMENT BREACH, CATALYST MISSING]
[+30]  Auxiliary Reactor 1  [UNKNOWN]
[+30]  Auxiliary Reactor 2
[+2]  Portable Generator
[-10]  Life Support  [BROKEN - PURIFICATION MODULE MISSING]
[-4]  Atmospheric Containment Shielding
[-30]  Auxiliary Forward Thrusters  [NO POWER]
[-15]  Sensors 
[-2]  Auxiliary Systems
Notable Areas
- Bridge (The large extensive bridge at the front of the ship.)
- Hull Opening 1 (A moderately-sized opening in the hole near the bridge that was used to dock the shuttle at.)
- Observation Room (A large mostly-glass observation room fairly close to the bridge. Has plenty of storage, an office-like workspace, and a large multi-use holotable in the center. Plenty of surfaces to use for just about anything.)
- Hangar 1 (A large hangar with atmospheric shielding when powered. Blast doors. Raised control room on center of wall facing hangar opening. Located on the front half of the ship, starboard side.)
- Hangar 2 (A large hangar with atmospheric shielding when powered. Raised control room on center of wall facing hangar opening. Located on the front half of the ship, starboard side.)
- Armory 1 (Secure door - Unknown interior. Along the center portion of the ship close to the front.)
- Hull Opening 2 (A small hull opening in an otherwise empty room. Just barely fits the Dove Transport Shuttle. Located near Engineering.)
- Engineering (More of a section of rooms, engineering is a bunched layout of systems and rooms vital for the ship's continuing operations.)
- Life Support (A large room in engineering consisting of oxygen recycling equipment and other systems needed to maintain a livable environment on board the ship. Located at the very front of engineering, closer to the bridge.)
- Reactor Room (A huge room in engineering housing the primary reactor as well as several auxiliary reactors. Located at the rear side of the ship next to other engineering rooms, far away from the bridge.)
Assets
- "Dove" Long-Range Transport Shuttle [At: Hull Opening 2] (Capacity: 6)
- Unknown Fighter (At: Hangar 1)

- Portable Generator [At: Reactor Room] (Provides +3 power)

- 11u Patchwork Repair Supplies (Supplies commonly carried on military ship for temporary field repairs.) [At: Bridge]
- 5u Spare Electronics [At: Bridge]
- 3u Industrial Cabling (At: Engineering)

The Team
Spoiler: ATHATH - "Hackerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson - Dr. Roboson (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2017, 05:56:13 pm »

Following along the cables from the auxiliary reactor 1, looking out for any broken conduits.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »

Enter the cockpit and look for a computer interface or any system that may be able to provide info about the ship.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]