Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]  (Read 42299 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]
« Reply #525 on: September 24, 2017, 03:35:25 am »

No, he was prepared; it was an arstotzkan mage's thing that ended him :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:36 am »

All the more proof that crystal is some bloody heretical stuff. Begone, devil-mineral!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 24, 2017, 03:38:19 am »

No, you see, RAM was forced to posthumously oversee a quick formal execution of Nuke in response for such a flagrant violation of Arstotzkan Aether regulations.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:28 am »

Nuke was merely driven crazy by tapping into the Aether unprepared - an act best left for skilled Arstotzkan mathemagicians. Nothing more happened.
Nothing.
I'll have you know I was crazy before casting the spell. Also, HERETIC. DO NOT MOCK THE POWER OF GOD.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:24 am »

I got a high roll on a rather mundane design. I'm actually kinda sad now. Glad to see the Traitors were dealt with though, just need to hope that Hayat lives....

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 24, 2017, 03:46:33 am »

I propose all loyal Moskurgers (And Arstotzkans) recite Hayat lives like Vulcan lives. :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 24, 2017, 04:41:21 am »

Long live United Forenia!

...wait, did a few loyal Arstotzkans escape into space at the end of the game... AGAIN? Godsdamnit. You people are like cockroaches. Space-cockroaches.

Anyway, you're all lucky I like melodramatic speeches. A more straightforward person would've just unleashed the unfettered power of God on the world without preamble, and who knows what damage that might've done. Can your AM-resistant circuits resist the Holy Word spoken by the Most Merciful God himself?

Also, for those interested, here's my design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was inspired by our first attempt at Tubikh Rrahim, when eS accidentally suggested it would affect an entire theatre at once. He, uh, dialed that back a bit quite quickly.
Well, in the spirit of reciprocation and imminent regret...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:59:27 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 24, 2017, 05:24:16 am »

Chiefwaffles' address to Forenia, before launching.
(Just replace "Capitalism" with "Moskurg")
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 24, 2017, 07:17:08 am »

Burning down the palace (and half the city, most likely) is a fine achevement I'd say. Fun thing about my fire: It burns for 7 days and it burns everything. Maybe antimagic could stopit, but I think it simply eats that too.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 24, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »

Glory to Forenia! Death to the traitors! Hayat lives!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 24, 2017, 05:38:14 pm »

Does Hayat actually support Forenia? I would have expected her to be more inclined to nuke the world by now. Oh, right, "nuke the world" is pretty much Forenia's anthem...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 24, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »

That update was awesome! Also, given that nothing was said about my ultimate fate, I choose to believe that my remaining falcons flew me out to safety while no one was looking.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 02, 2017, 02:47:38 am »

Just to be perfectly clear to those whose unevolved brains may have trouble comprehending the facts (i.e. Moskurgs), it was Arstotzka who won the war. We may have led you into our capital and then engaged in a brief truce with you pathetic pigdogs, the battle which erupted soon after proved decisively the superiority of Arstotzkan might and magical knowledge.

Our crystal mech was an unstoppable engine of war that annihilated everything sent against it. Between our King, Myark, and our crystal mechs of destruction, Arstotzka would have reunited quickly, crushed your fractured, poorly led, magically backwards army, and driven our armies straight to Moskurg within the year. The only reason this did not happen is because of the wisdom and foresight of our glorious King.

He knew that a victory against your wretched kind would have simply ended with a marriage to ensure the compliance of you bloodthirsty barbarians in the new Arstotzkan order. Instead, he chose to make peace right then and there because the outcome would've been the same, simply with more of Arstotzka's future subjects dead and wasted time and resources on Arstotzka's part. Arstotzkans are not fans of inefficiency, clumsiness, and shortsightedness (in other words, we are not you) so the path forward was obvious.

Remember always that if Arstotzka wanted to, we could have defeated you utterly and with barely any effort on our part. Moskurg sucks.

Glory to Arstotzka. Forever glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 02, 2017, 02:56:56 am »

I'm hearing some TRAITOROUS words here. Glory to Forenia, death to any who cling to the old ways.
* Egan_BW cocks revolver.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2017, 06:24:26 am »

Yep. Arstotzka was GLORIOUS and DESPISES inefficiency.

When did sending hundreds of thousands of young people to die in a war "you could've won at any time" become efficient?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]