Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 186675 times)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1305 on: April 30, 2017, 09:30:37 pm »

NO.
We're done with those things right now. They'll never cause as much damage as the firebombs...
How do you know?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 30, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »

double sixes is a pretty good indicator.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 30, 2017, 09:39:05 pm »

Cause we've not had great luck with it yet. The firebombs take all the weaknesses of a human being and pack them into one package. Once we add the gale-stone like enchantment, it'll be golden. But for now, we've got to content ourselves with a soon-to-be-working shattering/splintering flying piece of fire-filled pottery. Technically, covered with fire and filled with flammables, but close enough.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 30, 2017, 09:40:11 pm »

"Sure it sets people on fire with unquenchable liquid flames, but that's not dead enough."

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 30, 2017, 09:48:09 pm »

"Sure it sets people on fire with unquenchable liquid flames, but that's not dead enough."
I never claimed that, and I'm looking forward to next battle.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 30, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »

Revision: Improved Firestorm Reliability [3]

It's tricky to get the pot to be strong enough to be fired from a ballista, but fragile enough to break on impact.  Our Researcher Priests experiment with a few different methods and burn through a half-dozen ballistas before we find one that works.  The Improved Firestorm Shell is still a fired clay pot filled with Alnnar Almuqaddasa, but the pot is crafted with thicker ridges that go from bottom to top and the outside is coated with pitch and wrapped in oiled canvas.  The ridges provide some stability to the pot, allowing it to be survive being fired more often.  The pitch and canvas keep it from immediately spilling if the pot DOES break on the string, letting the entire flaming mess be flung away before it inevitably explodes.  By combining these two methods we've improved reliability to 1 misfire in 10, and eliminated casualties sustained during misfires.  Though they still don't like handling something so dangerous, our ballista crews are eager to throw fire back at the enemy.  We've been burning to death from Arstotzkan fire for three decades now.  Let's see how THEY like it!  Normal Cost.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 30, 2017, 10:00:57 pm »

Woot!  If the Arstozkans do have biomages, they'll be in for a big surprise ;D. Also, next turn,  wind propulsion methods.   In terms of our mountain assault, we have an obvious answer:
Acid Rounds.
I'm assuming we're still up for the horse grenadiers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:08:10 pm by Mardent23 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 30, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »

Still need to revise ballistas to fire downwards in the mountains.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:46 pm »

We can do that next phase.  I'm kind of amazed we pulled this off. RNG, you work in mysterious ways. Also, evicted, can we use an order to bard our horses in Lamellar?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:15:51 pm by Mardent23 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 30, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »

If we go for Acid, I want it in mistform.  Then we can blow it ahead of our troops with wind-gusts, and see if the enemy can actually see through clouds to target with their cannons.  (they might.)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 30, 2017, 10:30:41 pm »

It would serve a dual purpose. There are some forms of acid (Hydroflouric acid, for example), that can eat through stone. If we were to launch an Acid round at the  base of the cannon emplacements,  we could collapse the entire Arstozkan  cannon line.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:27 pm »

evicted, can we use an order to bard our horses in Lamellar?

I've actually looked into horse Lamellar.  That armor is generally crafted with steel wires rather than leather thongs, as the surface area is larger and the weight is greater on those joints.  Plus designing the armor itself, setting up manufacturing processes for it, and ironing out any bugs that might occur would make it something you could do in a Revision.

So, no.  You can't do it with an order, I'm afraid.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:55 pm »

I see.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 30, 2017, 10:36:04 pm »

Man, this turn is gonna be Spicy
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 30, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »

Some could say... Moskurg was on Fire this turn :P.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 217