Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 186630 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1710 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:52 am »

The big question is if we can use these from our ships. If so they're going to have a FUN time dealing with our new 'aircraft carriers' :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:04 am »

Extension: firebomb grenades.  These grenades evolved frrom the fireshells. They can be easily thrown and due to their divine streamlined design they are quite acurate.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 10, 2017, 05:51:04 am »

I think the big question is if they can take out cannon..

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 10, 2017, 07:17:15 am »

Flying Carpet (3): Devastator, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13
Save it (1): S34N1C
Fireshell grenades (1): detoxicated
devastator i didnt unterstand your extension. What do you want to do to the carpets?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:21 am »

Quote from: Expense Credit
devastator i didnt unterstand your extension. What do you want to do to the carpets?
I believe that Firestorm Grenades are already cheap. Using an expense credit on them wouldn't help much. Whereas the carpets are Very Expensive, and getting them down to merely Expensive would be very useful.
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:59 am »

Er Thats for the Expense credit...
Revision: Fixed Carpets: [3]
We experiment with several methods of fixing the flipping issue of our carpets.  We try chairs tied to the carpet, belts, hand-rails, safety cables, and a few other methods that all end up failing.

Then we try rolling up the carpet and riding it like a horse.

This ends up working surprisingly well; the mage can attach a saddle to the carpet, and they have a better center of gravity from this position.  It's actually pretty comfortable to ride!  Using this method the mage can then safely cast Gust of Wind to gently blow himself around the battlefield.  The "Pegasus", as our men have jokingly started calling it, can be equipped with a saddlebag filled with Firestorm Grenades and dropped from above.  This is terribly inaccurate, but great for harassing enemy troops.  The maximum height of the carpet is about 3/4 the maximum height of a longbow shot straight up, so it's not perfectly safe.  The slow and second-hand nature of navigation also means the mage is poor at dodging enemy arrows; they should be safe, so long as they don't fire en-mass (or use a highly-trained elite sniper).  We can deploy three or so per theatre, due to the expensive nature of the enchantments and manufacture of the rug.  Very Expensive.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 10, 2017, 08:26:03 am »

Flying Carpet (4): Devastator, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Sosoku234
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:29 am »

Update will have to be later tonight, I'm afraid.  I can't really handle "3 phases a day" any more, so I'll probably try to do a design and revision one day and the combat phase the next.  It gives me time to mull over all the nuances of the combat.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 10, 2017, 02:07:40 pm »

Update will have to be later tonight, I'm afraid.  I can't really handle "3 phases a day" any more, so I'll probably try to do a design and revision one day and the combat phase the next.  It gives me time to mull over all the nuances of the combat.
I almost feel like this goes without saying, but take your time, you know? I (presumably we) really appreciate your efforts- can't complain if the updates are merely fast as opposed to lightning-speed.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:46 pm »

We do not need to do anything with the grenades-they're far more plentiful than the carpets. So, Expense Chip the carpets, make them slightly more plentiful. Maybe we can eventually get cheap flying machines...It'd be hilarious.

Flying Carpet (5): Devastator, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Sosoku234, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:53 pm »

Yeah, you guys got extremely lucky with your firestorm shells and firestorm grenades order.  Probably the best two rolls in the game.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:50 pm »

Yeah, but some terrible GM came along and forced us to not get super-powerful shells of death with a single roll.

It was terrible.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 10, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

Yeah...turns out letting a side get a mundane Wand of Fireballs with even greater range and expense level all in one turn is pretty unbalanced.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:17 pm »

Wait what? I was telling a joke, not sure what you're talking about or where it came from. Backstory please?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 10, 2017, 02:57:20 pm »

Wait what? I was telling a joke, not sure what you're talking about or where it came from. Backstory please?
Originally the Firestorm shells had the same AOE as the big fireball spell the other side has. This proved extremely painful for the other side, and so they wailed for mercy. And then the game master looked upon what he'd done, and said 'Well, they do have a point'.

As such, the Firestorm Shells were nerfed so they no longer had an AOE fit to slay entire squads of ten or twenty men in a single blow.

That's when people on our side started the wailing, but really... they did have a point.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 217