Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 186634 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1755 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »

Well, technically they already have AA in the form of those snipers. Using cannons for it WOULD be a stretch though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 11, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

An airship would likely be VE. Rather than using them we just make our magic carpets FASTER. They can't hit us if we're going faster than their arrows possibly can.
Absolutely it would be VE, if not NE. But it would also be immune to small-arms fire, and allow us to deploy far more ordinance. Faster carpets would also be good... but where's the fun in that? (Note that, unlike with strapping wings to horses being 'fun', an airship is not literally dead weight- there is some function to its larger size)

They have iron clads? I thought they just have steam powered ships
They seem like mundane ships, except for the giant steel containers and a paddle on the back.
Oh. I thought they were armour-plated? Well, that makes them a lot less of a threat than I thought they were. Still, steam-powered ships.

If we instead use the design AND revision to upgrade the carpets, say by making them faster, capable of going higher, longer-wearing, and even larger (Carpet, not horse), we could probably scrape an advantage out of this. I really don't think that a sky ship is a good investment right now. Especially not dependent on our extremely limited carpets. It'd make great target practice even for the enemy's largest cannons.
Their cannons are not designed for AA capabilities. So long as we move fast and high enough, they won't be able to track us.
Also, carpets are not extremely limited, they are Expensive. The limiting factor is the number of mages we have- which makes increasing the number of carpets per mage a good idea.

Considering you've just developed bombers this turn, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to develop AA.
Not the sort that could take down an airship, though. Their anti-mage snipers are already doing a good job against unarmoured carpets, so why would they try to improve on that?

Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 11, 2017, 03:25:55 pm »

...Alright, you've convinced me. And hey, it'll win us the seas when they realise they can't shoot our ships :P

Might want to revise cyclone shield to protect against cannons though.

The Alsamma Safina (2): NUKE9.13, Taricus

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 11, 2017, 03:27:36 pm »

Question: why Don't we work on water magic? If we were to make a spell based moderately off gust of wind to propel our ships, and modified it to work on water we could then work next turn on making massive bubbles of blessed air with which to travel under the sea in, Allowing our troops to literally march up to their coast without having to worry about getting their feet wet.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »

Adamantium Transmutation: This spell turns iron into adamantium, a harder and swifter metal with higher protection qualities. Adamantium is prone to be enchanted.

I believe we should counter their heavy cavalry by upping our armor already...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 11, 2017, 03:58:15 pm »

(Jungle/Taiga)
Our Theatre Commander notes that the carpet troops are a solid design choice.  They could benefit from a higher ceiling and faster deployment, though.
(Desert)
Our Theatre Commander wonders if perhaps the carpets could be upgraded to allow us to drop entire squads of men behind Arstotzkan lines.  Such an innovation could easily turn the tide of war even more in our favor.
(Plains)
Our Theatre Commander is worried about the new artillery...If it weren’t for our Pegasus riders, we would have definitely lost a section of ground this year.
(Sea)
Our Theatre Commander asks for deadlier carpet riders, or perhaps just a better ship.
Literally every theatre wants better aerial troops. I've got nothing against Adamantium, but now is the time for the skies to get some love.

If you want more evidence, observe the brewing salt in the OOC thread about our carpets. If the enemy hates it, we should love it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 11, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »

yea sure, I find it funny how we never go after that adamantium even though many people have said they wanted to do it eventually. When will that point be?

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 11, 2017, 04:03:59 pm »

eventuallytm

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 11, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »

The Alsamma Safina (3): NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry

I wanna use the Revision to upgrade our carpets but this is a fine try for our design. Either that or try to make Lightning Rods so we can start using lightning magic without risking killing our own wizard.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 11, 2017, 05:07:30 pm »

I think Allah has made his will known about specifically targeting someone with lightning :P

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 11, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »

I'm assuming we've moved past Gale  Stones.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 11, 2017, 07:10:03 pm »

We might still consider upgrading our Firestorm shells with a similar enchantment, but it's not necessary right now. We need to upgrade our ships at sea to match theirs. Using our jungle wood ought to make it easier and cheaper to upgrade our sailboats into fast, perhaps even slightly stronger ships.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 11, 2017, 07:36:33 pm »

Dammit guys, dirigibles are not wind-powered.  They operate through buoyancy, which requires lighter than air gases.  We don't have that.  We don't have good fuels or fire magic for hot air balloons, either.  And in any case, propelling them via gusts of wind is essentially inconcievable due to the vastly greater mass compared to the amount of thrust.

Such a thing would be useful, but they're huge.  Very, very huge.  And requires large quantities of lighter-than-air gases, which is something we don't have, and don't even know can exist.

So I'm voting for Adamantium.

The Alsamma Safina (3): NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry
Adamantium (2): Devastator, Detoxicated
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:47:09 pm by Devastator »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 11, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »

Well, we can't solve that without trying!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 11, 2017, 08:26:41 pm »

Hello guys seeing as cannons are killing our forces and in the desert they can't make trenches. I propose we make some sort of earth shaping spell to allow our forces to be able to quickly put up defencive positions. Idealy i was thinking that they will be able to raise up a wall of stone with a mount of dirt or sand in front of the wall to absorb the impact of their cannons this way not only will it provide cover for our forces it will give cover for our ballistas as well.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 217