Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 186233 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2475 on: June 19, 2017, 08:06:15 am »

Care to share it on here? I can't get on discord.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 19, 2017, 08:18:19 am »

Definetly. Working out some details now, but the base idea is to spend our Design on Airship Maintenance and Manufacturing Improvements allowing us to lower their expense and maybe make them a bit faster/durable/weather immune. This will allow us to outnumber them solidly on the seas as well as provide much greater fire support on land.

From there, we spend on revision on the Academy like we tried two turns ago, which has a 5/6 chance of being better than what we rolled.

This will allow us to meet their numbers for Wizards while also having better deployment of Wizards than them. We'll probably want to make our airships Tornado Resistant if we don't manage that this turn.

For our Thesis, Taricus purposed a Permanent Enchantment idea that lead to me thinking of a discussion and usage of Ambient Mana to constantly and passively fuel our enchantments, which would feed into our Airship production design.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 19, 2017, 08:49:20 am »

Guys, they're getting into hand-to-hand range again. We like hand-to-hand range.

Mithril
This fantastic new development of adamantine has one purpose, and one purpose alone: Being a nigh-indestructible weapon of war. This new version of adamantine starts with the same spells, but trades the temperature controls and degrees of softness for sheer hardness and toughness, as well as ease of creation. It can't be shattered, yet we will make it nearly as hard as diamonds. It's constant temperature is the pleasant one our soldiers all enjoy right now. Our halberds and airships shall be made out of it, and our Siroccos shall be plated in it. It is worked using the same spells as Adamantine is, yet it is different in those important ways. We shall make it shine gold, so it is a reflection of heavenly radiance. Plus, al-Mutriqa's been annoyed about constantly repainting his armor after he cuts down the heretics and nonbelievers and gets the paint all scratched and bloodied.

EDIT:
Realized I forgot to explain this. This aims to get +2 or better on the roll by ditching every other facet of adamantine in order to be hard enough to cut through crystals (Harder the metal=the sharper the edge you can put on it) and simultaneously capable of surviving direct cannon fire. It does everything we need it to do, while being easier than other potential changes to adamantine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:50:30 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: June 19, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »

The temperature control on adamantine is what currently keeps our soldiers from dying of cold. If we replace our adamantine armor with something without temperature control, we lose that benefit. Might still be worth it for better weapons alone, though.

I want to use this turn's revision to circumvent those pesky lightning rods, as those seem to be the main advantage they gained this turn and the sole reason we're losing the sea right now.

Defy Resistance (Revision)
Allah's divine will will not be denied by a simple length of conductive metal. After some modification to our weather spells, lightning now seeks out lightning rods, but rather than grounding harmlessly the current jumps directly into the body of the nearest Arstotzkan, rendering their crude "defence" nothing more than a targeting aid for our mages.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: June 19, 2017, 04:14:51 pm »

Yeah, that was a mistake. I fixed that in an edit. The temperature was changed to be our present armor temps, which keeps our soldiers alive just fine.

I'd do this instead, Egan: Use the revision to direct ALL our lightning just a bit more. Encourage it to seek out crystals. We'll hit every single Arstotzkan on the fields.

I want mithril because it will give us ultra-deadly halberds and extremely good armor, all in a single turn. If they're going back to close range, WE'RE going back to close range.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: June 19, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »

Just a Note: but why don't we revise our Anti magic spell to Vaporize their Crystals again? Wipe them out for a turn AND make all their weapons Null, They'd have to break out there OLD weapons, while we could continue using ours.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: June 19, 2017, 04:26:22 pm »

Because I don't want to go back and forth between "we dispell your shit" and "we fix our shit so it doesn't dispell" I will go ahead and say you can't vaporize their crystals with Anti-Magic any more.  You'll have to come up with some other way to combat their crystal weapons.

Your Anti-Magic still prevents magic from occuring within a certain area, but they've thoroughly fixed their crystals.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:27:01 pm by evictedSaint »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: June 19, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »

While I understand, I really wish we could.

One more round of dispel? Please?

Just one?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: June 19, 2017, 04:40:39 pm »

Hmm...
Sonic magic may be the direction to go if we want to Sink their shit then...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: June 19, 2017, 05:03:01 pm »

Crystal-seeking lightning.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: June 19, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »

Just one?

Alright, one more round of dispell.  Arstotzka has the option to tweak their Anti Magic to dispell your Adamantium.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »

Wait a minute, traitor!

You're a Moskurger!

We need some proper GM bias here!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:48 pm »

Just one?

Alright, one more round of dispell.  Arstotzka has the option to tweak their Anti Magic to dispell your Adamantium.
*salute
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: June 19, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

I don't really see any votes.  What is the design for this turn?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: June 19, 2017, 06:41:03 pm »

Alrighty, I'll get started, I suppose. Lots of Discord discussion over this one so far.

Mithril
This fantastic new development of adamantine has one purpose, and one purpose alone: Being a nigh-indestructible weapon of war. This new version of adamantine starts with the same spells, but trades the possibility of being made softer sheer hardness and toughness, as well as ease of creation. It can't be shattered, yet we will make it nearly as hard as diamonds. Our airships and Siroccos will be re-plated in enough to shrug off repeated cannon hits, and all our weapons will be made out of it. It is worked using the same spells as Adamantine is, yet it is different in those important ways. We shall make it shine gold, so it is a reflection of heavenly radiance. Plus, al-Mutriqa's been getting annoyed about the constant need to repaint his armor after he cuts down the heretics and nonbelievers and they scratch the gold paint.

Alrighty, so this is a revamped version of the earlier proposal. The basic point is to be cannon-resistant and capable of carving up crystals like butter. Or, you know, at least cutting down Arstotzkans left, right, and center. It is relatively easy, simple way to improve our warships, airships, and infantry. Also, it gives a basis for further improvements, like rapidly changing adamantine capable of changing shape, density, and strength on impact. But that's for the future. For now, this gives us a solid advantage in infantry combat, as well as preventing Arstotzkans from doing anything about our warships.

Quote from: Votes
1 Mithril: Madman198237
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:25:23 am by Madman198237 »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 217