Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 186526 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 916 [Moskurg]
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »

Alright, we'll consider that idea for next time.

But for the time being, I vote we revise our Mind Reading Spell to be long-range.

Either that, or buff Gust of Wind to finally deflect fireballs and finally neutralize that offensive capability.  I'm on the fence about which would be more beneficial.

I would also like to formally nominate myself for Spy Master.

Edit to prevent double post: Hey, have you guys heard about the battle of Agincourt?  It's a battle where the defending English archer force was defeated by French knights in full plate armor.  Even though the field of battle was muddy and the French knights had to walk through a hailstorm of arrows to reach the English, none of that mattered!  Really weird, right?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:43:13 pm by evictedSaint »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2017, 10:34:39 pm »

Alright, we'll consider that idea for next time.

But for the time being, I vote we revise our Mind Reading Spell to be long-range.

Either that, or buff Gust of Wind to finally deflect fireballs and finally neutralize that offensive capability.  I'm on the fence about which would be more beneficial.

I would also like to formally nominate myself for Spy Master.

Edit to prevent double post: Hey, have you guys heard about the battle of Agincourt?  It's a battle where the defending English archer force was defeated by French knights in full plate armor.  Even though the field of battle was muddy and the French knights had to walk through a hailstorm of arrows to reach the English, none of that mattered!  Really weird, right?
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2017, 10:47:02 pm »

Oh! And before we forget:

Order: examine armor from the Arstotzkan casualties from the last battle.  Look for weaknesses; disseminate findings to the troops.

Order: move Al to the desert. Do not cede ground.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2017, 11:07:10 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
+1

Order: examine armor from the Arstotzkan casualties from the last battle.  Look for weaknesses; disseminate findings to the troops.

+1
Long Live United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:12 pm »

+1

+1
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2017, 02:13:42 am »

I vote billhooks. Military bills are based off of the agricultural tool of the same name, and we're designed to remove branches from trees. It would be child's play to stick it on the end of a longer haft and beef up the head slightly. They could then be used to pull away shields to expose an enemy, or hook onto limbs, pulling an enemy out of line and potentially off their feet. A soldier on the floor or out of formation is an easy kill.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2017, 08:42:03 am »

A friend has given me an idea. What if we make the air so hot that they can't wear their armor/get cooked in it?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:30 am »

That would require some foray into temperature-changing magic.  The only reasone that design roll would be at a -3 and not a -4 is because it involves air.  I'm not sure we have the time to design this new spell and soup it up to a useful level over the next two turns.  Remember Gust of Wind? We've put two revisions into that thing and it still can't deflect fireballs.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:45 am »

A friend has given me an idea. What if we make the air so hot that they can't wear their armor/get cooked in it?
That is what the desert will do for us for free, hopefully. We use Clear Skies to ensure the sun is always shining and see how well they fare.
Long Live United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:05 am »

I'm thinking we use war picks for dealing with their armor.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:20 am »

Hammers are better due to being able to deal with unarmoured targets as well
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2017, 10:15:49 am »

We could have a mix of both. One side having a spike and one being a hammer face.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2017, 10:18:17 am »

It'd be easier to upgrade our spears to poleaxes.  They are the most versatile weapon, you know.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2017, 10:22:07 am »

Polehammers. Again we DO need one-handed weapons as well as two-handed ones
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile