Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 190084 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #750 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:33 pm »

Also, we haven't scrapped the  padded armor, it's just the base layer for our lamellar.

Yep, I mentioned as much in the Design phase.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 24, 2017, 12:13:48 am »

Is anybody NOT going to vote for Bodkin Arrows?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 24, 2017, 01:50:30 am »

Quote from: Vote Counter
Bodkin Arrows: [2] Mardent23, S34N1C
Cyclone Shield Upgrade: [1] Happerry
My vote is to upgrade the Cyclone Shield, which last time it came up wasn't very effective and wasn't easy to cast. If we can make it better enough to actually counter the enemy arrows, and cheap enough to protect all our staff using wizards with, we should completely counter their anti-wizard troops.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 24, 2017, 02:04:40 am »

My vote is to upgrade the Cyclone Shield, which last time it came up wasn't very effective and wasn't easy to cast. If we can make it better enough to actually counter the enemy arrows, and cheap enough to protect all our staff using wizards with, we should completely counter their anti-wizard troops.
Problem with that is, their own anti-magic would dispel the shield :/
Bodkin Arrows: [3] Mardent23, S34N1C, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 24, 2017, 02:07:17 am »

Problem with that is, their own anti-magic would dispel the shield :/
Would it? The only spell that I've noticed it countering so far is the zen trance spell, which is basically an enchantment cast on them. If it could mess with enchantments casted on us, I'd think that we'd get notified that something was screwing with our Lucky Strike and Teletalk spells.

As that has not been happening, I highly doubt it'd do anything to our Cyclone Shields.

Edit : Oh wait you mean our own anti-magic, not their anti-magic. Hum.

Well, actually, come to think of it, if it doesn't turn off Fireballs casted outside the effect, couldn't we just cast the Cyclone Shield first and then cast the Anti-Magic?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 24, 2017, 02:25:24 am »

My other suggestion would be Large Shields. Take the same amount of metal in a buckler,  but spread out over a larger area and back with wood for durability. This shield measures from the floor to a man's ribcage and comes with straps for the forearm and hand, plus a longer one to allow a shield to be slung across the shoulders. This will allow a soldier to fight with a one handed or two handed spear as before and offer them much greater protection against attacks. Cavalry can also allow the shield to be slung over the shoulder like a satchel, defending one side completely.

I would however be quite happy with bodkins,  I just want to offer an alternative and see what people think.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 24, 2017, 02:34:22 am »

We have already spent a revision trying to develop bodkin arrows. Our second attempt should be much easier- I expect to get a +1 to the roll.
And as I've said, our offensive ability is more important than our defensive one.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 24, 2017, 04:39:50 am »

+1 bodkin arrows

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 24, 2017, 07:35:10 am »

+1 to bodkins  (if this fails, I'm content to ignore it from now on and just act like it's impossible for us to do.)

Hmm, need something for the revision credit.

Spoiler: Battle Submission (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:37:10 am by Devastator »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 24, 2017, 08:26:55 am »

Bodkin Arrows: [6] Mardent23, S34N1C, NUKE9.13, Detoxicated, Devastator, Sosoku234
Large Shields: [1] Kashyyk
GM has asked us real nice to do our votes like ^this^, folks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2017, 09:20:47 am »

Bodkin Arrows: [6] Mardent23, S34N1C, NUKE9.13, Detoxicated, Devastator, Sosoku234
Large Shields: [1] Kashyyk
GM has asked us real nice to do our votes like ^this^, folks.

Thank you.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2017, 10:35:27 am »

Revision: Bodkin Arrows [1+1]

The task for creating armor-piercing arrows is passed off onto a few apprentices, as the mundane nature of the task is far too boring for our wizards.

Thankfully, more specifics are given this time beyond "armor-piercing" and a workable design results.  Arrows are capped with a small, steel point filed down into a needle.  Unfortunately, the thin needle point has a tendency to get bent out of shape before use and prevent the arrow from flying true.  While the arrowheads are more successful at punching through armor than standard arrows, they'll frequently deform on impact.

They...work, at least.  They have a slim chance of penetrating armor at medium range, and a modest chance at close range.  The silver lining is that these needles are rather intimidating and might give an Arstotzkan soldier second thoughts before charging into a hailstorm of them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2017, 10:48:25 am »

Mm, that's some good Moskurg LuckTM

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2017, 10:53:36 am »

Yeah, it's sucky luck, but I gotta be a fair GM.  The game breaks down the second I start fudging numbers.

Fun fact: did you know it's less than a 3% chance to roll two 1's in a row?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 217