Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 185968 times)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #810 on: April 24, 2017, 09:44:28 pm »

Approve of theoretical thingy!
Okay, this idea is awesome!  But could we please revise Lamellar?

Winds of the Waste: []
Acid Fog: []
Windwall: [1] Detoxicated
Pavise Shield: [1] S34N1C
Theoretical Summon Pegasus: [3]Egan_BW, Devastator, Mardent23
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:49:29 pm by Mardent23 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 24, 2017, 09:53:38 pm »

Definitely, once the revision phase starts. It would have been awesome if we had gotten the revision credit, but we'll just have to make do.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

Pavise Shield: [2] S34N1C, ATHATH
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 24, 2017, 11:45:47 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what application you'd like flying horses to have?

If you could explain the purpose a bit clearer, I can tailor the design accordingly.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:50 pm »

To carry our horse archers to rain fire upon our enemy from altitude.  Or to allow our people to move behind enemy lines, or distances at great speed.  Or to observe territory from the air.

In general, flying mounts.  Given that we have an army of relatively lightly armed horse archers, having an altitude advantage should be immense.  Bows have a much shorter range upwards, after all.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:57:48 pm by Devastator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 25, 2017, 12:01:18 am »

Pavise Shield: [2] S34N1C, ATHATH
Design Order - Mage Bodyguards: [1] Happerry
As I suggested them, I'm voting for the bodyguards.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 25, 2017, 02:30:38 am »

Hmm. Kind of disappointing that the revision credit came down to quantity over quality. Like, if we'd known that, everyone would've written something. Which means you can never do another design/revision credit like this, because it would just come down to 'which side has more designers'.
Eh, whatever.
Also, do we get to see the reports the enemy wrote, or what? I'd be more satisfied with the result if they all turn out to be masterpieces.

Alright. I think shields are where it's at. They can help increase the survivability of our mages, and having something to block arrow fire from above would let us strike into the mountains once more.

Pavise Shields: A large wooden shield, covered in a layer of canvas, with a ridge running down the middle for strength. They have a spike at the bottom, allowing them to stand up by themselves. Simple and cheap to make, these shields are of limited use in close combat, but are excellent at protecting archers and mages from arrows, and to a lesser degree fireballs. Smaller versions can be worn across the back by cavalry, or carried into combat by spearmen, giving them heightened survivability as well.

Pavise Shield: [3] S34N1C, ATHATH, NUKE9.13

Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 25, 2017, 07:30:04 am »

I mention again, the Ballista.

An enlarged compound bow, set upon a stand, this weapon can be mounted on ships or deployed in battle and is serviced by two men. Used by the Roman Empire itself, this is an ancient yet deadly weapon that will pierce plate armour from beyond longbow range, even without bodkins. With limited difficulty, Staves of Tubikh Rrahim can be launched at the enemy as well. Even if the anti-magic only lasts for five minutes, that is a long time during a battle. This will allow us to outshoot their warships and shut down their casters, making it safer to come into bow range. It will give us another way to take down their plate armour, reducing the reliance on our subpar bodkins. It will allow us to keep our mages out of bow range, making sure they will be available for future combats.

Pavise Shield: [3] S34N1C, ATHATH, NUKE9.13
Ballista: [1] Kashyyk

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 25, 2017, 07:38:33 am »

I'm not sure we can throw staffs, the spell seems to be centered on the caster, so we'd need to shoot mages from a ballista, which doesn't seem like a good idea.

I'm going to change my vote to Pavise Shields, simply to break the tie.  And I don't have absolute confidence in the high-risk 2-turn plan, even if I like it a lot.

Pavise Shield: [4] S34N1C, ATHATH, NUKE9.13, Devastator
Theoretical Summon Pegasus: [2]Egan_BW, Mardent23
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:43:21 am by Devastator »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 25, 2017, 08:43:56 am »

Hmm. Kind of disappointing that the revision credit came down to quantity over quality.

I was simply doing the revision credit the same way Iituem had.  I was simply wary of doing purely judgement-call based decisions.  And, to be fair, the revision credit stated it would go to whoever had the "Most well-documented version of the incident - regardless of how conflicting the reports are - will gain a revision credit for the next year."

You are right though, it should be quality over quantity and the next credit will be as such.

And if it's any consolation, if I was going by quality then Arastotzka won by a mile anyways.

Ill post them all in the main thread.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:49:28 am by evictedSaint »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:33 am »

And if it's any consolation, if I was going by quality then Arastotzka won by a mile anyways.
It is, and having read their reports I agree completely.
Long Live United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 25, 2017, 12:02:00 pm »

Windwall: []
Pavise Shield: [5] S34N1C, ATHATH, NUKE9.13, Devastator, Detoxicated
Theoretical Summon Pegasus: [2]Egan_BW, Mardent23

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 25, 2017, 12:09:30 pm »

Design: Pavise Shields [5, 2, 5]

With our mages being shot to death before they can even cast it is very apparent we need some kind of protection from arrows.  This need gives birth to the Pavise Shield.

A Pavise Shield is large, flat surface with a central ridge that stands as high as a mans chest.  While primarily made of wooden planks, the shield is rimmed tightly by a steel frame and riveted in place.  A spike juts out from the bottom allowing it to be planted firmly in the ground.  The front can be painted to feature all sorts of emblems to embolden the user and discourage the enemy, but they are all currently bare wood.

The shields are thick and heavy enough to stop any arrow, even at point blank range.  They are a bit cumbersome however, requiring both hands to carry in front, but they can be slung across a soldiers back when not in use.

The only downside is that since each shield produced is of extremely high quality we can not manufacture enough to outfit our entire army.  At the moment all shields are going to our mages in a desperate attempt to keep them alive longer than a few seconds on the battlefield.  Very Expensive.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:11:36 pm by evictedSaint »

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 25, 2017, 12:12:20 pm »

Okay. On to revisions.

Lamellar Armor [Mardent23]

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 25, 2017, 12:33:35 pm »

We might want to rev that so we can use it in the mountains.  Or rev the armor.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 217