Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 183635 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1725 on: May 10, 2017, 03:00:09 pm »

OK. Wasn't sure where the wands came in. I didn't realize that their fireball spells were tied to a wand.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 10, 2017, 03:12:40 pm »

That's when people on our side started the wailing, but really... they did have a point.

Now if only their cannons didn't reload at musket speed..

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 10, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »

So i was thinking seeing as trenches are slowly killing our men with all of this rain. Should we look into making an earth moving spell to make simple earthwork fortifications instead. Their canon shells would harmlessly bury into the dirt and our troop don't have to sit in trenches full of water.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 10, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »

OK. Wasn't sure where the wands came in. I didn't realize that their fireball spells were tied to a wand.
They aren't... anymore. When this game started, each side was given the chance to choose between a selection of spellbooks and wands to start with. We got the Divination Spellbook and the Wand of Heroism. I forget offhand which spellbook they got, I think it was Summoning, but the wand they started with was the Wand of Fireballs.

Anyway, to make a long story short, they've obsoleted/reverse engineered said wand so they don't need it any more, but all their fireball spells source from that Wand of Fireballs they started with.

When we first got the Firestorm Shells they were just as good as the Wand of Fireballs... but cheaper and longer ranged. Also more accurate because we were comboing the Lucky Strike spell with it. After we spent one action on it. I hope you can see why this could lead to some complaints?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 10, 2017, 04:02:08 pm »

Yeah, the original Firestorm Shells were OP AF. I have zero complaints about them being nerfed.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 10, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »

Part of the problem with magic is trying to keep things balanced.  Lucky Strike is probably overpowered, but it's a legacy spell from when Iituem started so I wont be nerfing it.  The Staff originally shut down all magic in an entire theatre all at once, then an hour later I realized how absolutely stupid that was and pushed it down to "skirmish" sized.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 10, 2017, 04:18:43 pm »

For my own use and anyone else who wants to use it, I'm going to post an index here so we can go back and see what happened easier. I'll try to keep this updated as the game goes on.

Starting Post
Battle of 910
Battle of 911
Battle of 912
Battle of 913
Battle 914 <- Doesn't exist/Is Labeled as 915
Battle of 915 <- Actually 914
Battle of 916
Battle of 917
Battle of 917 <- No date in the battle report, and then it says we are entering the 917 Design Phase. Probably the Math Error of 914 catching up to the dates and causing accidental time travel.
Battle of 918
Battle of 919
Battle of 920 <- The first battle I voted in!
Battle of 921
Battle of 922
Battle of 923
Battle of 924
Battle of 925
Battle of 926
Battle of 927
Battle of 928
Battle of 929
Battle of 930
Battle of 931 <- Not there any more? No clue what happened.
Battle of 932
Battle of 933
Battle of 934
Battle of 935
Battle of 936
Battle of 937
Battle of 938
Battle of 939
Battle of 940
Battle of 941
Battle of 942
Battle of 943
Battle of 944
Battle of 945
Battle of 946
Battle of 947
Battle of 948
Battle of 949
The year is 949, and the war is over.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:21:00 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 10, 2017, 04:44:22 pm »

Wow. Three decades. Fun fact: I've been here since the beginning
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 10, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »

21 years, actually.  And I've been GM'ing for about 15 now.  Ngl, I really thought one side would have won by now.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 10, 2017, 04:49:15 pm »

21 years, actually.  And I've been GM'ing for about 15 now.  Ngl, I really thought one side would have won by now.
Oh right, 31-10=21 not 31. Me am smart. 
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 11, 2017, 04:23:55 am »

It's the lack of a resource system like Sensei's game has, I think. It means there's no steamrolling just from capturing a piece of territory.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel like flight is an advantage that they have no way of replicating- I'd like to see them try to build ironclad airships.
Don't suggest ironclad airships to them.
Anyway, the point is, if we press our aerial advantage, we should be able to turn this war around- and unlike when we introduced artillery, they will be unable to even the playing field.
Wind magic best magic. Whose idea was Gust of Wind in the first place? I remember seeing it and thinking "Hey, that's a fairly good idea". I didn't realise at the time how important branching out would be.
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 11, 2017, 04:36:06 am »

Wow. Three decades. Fun fact: I've been here since the beginning

* Devastator whistles..

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 11, 2017, 06:03:17 am »

I've copied that turn list into the OP for convenience, thanks Happery!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 11, 2017, 07:21:50 am »

I thought gust of wind was stupid and the initial effect was so underwhelming that we should just give up on it.

And then it became the critical component of our magical abilities.  Who would have guessed

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 11, 2017, 07:35:00 am »

You need to neutralize that for having spells at all.  You can make any spell the centerpiece of a strategy.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 217