Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 183626 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #3195 on: September 08, 2017, 11:52:19 am »

Hmm. Well, giving everyone one of these things might make them a little more useful.

All the more reason to beef up our infantry.

And, hey, you know what? I think Detoxicated has a decent idea: we could -gasp- do a non-lightning spell. Some improved divination could really help in those situations where you'd like to look around a street corner, but there's this building/pile of rubble in the way.
Long Live United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 08, 2017, 11:55:42 am »

More ammo, less cost, slightly more range. This just became a much more practical weapon.
We could probably improve the range on the rifle, but that will only really be useful when If we get kicked out of the capital this turn, so it can wait. Still kinda want to revise a repeating variation, for more dakka.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 08, 2017, 12:22:32 pm »

I'm debating between increasing the power output of a rifle or increasing rate of fire and ammunition. Either way, have a revision not related to either whilst I think.

Mind Sense
A modification on how the Mind Reading spell works, instead of inhabiting and hopping from mind to mind, this spell merely detects them in a nearby area. With a bit of practice a user can recognise familiar individuals, as well as the difference between a magical and mundane mind. This should allow a user to sense concealed enemies.

Okay, I think miniaturized wands would be best:

Lightning Cells
10" is a great size for a wand that needs to be held and fired by hand, but it is ungainly when used as ammunition. This revision removes all the parts that make it a wand (like the handle, point-and-fire interface, etc) and leaves it as no more than what it needs to be, a container for a single bolt of caged lightning. This should make the wand marginally easier to load, as well as allowing a soldier to carry more cells than he would wands. If time permits it would even be possible to fix these link these cells together into a chain, which would simplify loading even further, as the next cell just needs to be drawn into the weapon after the previous one.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 08, 2017, 10:15:04 pm »

I can only point out that artillery is the king of warfare for a reason, and that allowing our lightning to replace our artillery is a Good IdeaTM because it reimagines several decades of usefulness into a new form.

Think CAS, except even closer than CAS could ever DREAM of being.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 08, 2017, 11:56:39 pm »

Unlike literally every other turn, *this* turn we fight house-to-house, which limits the effectiveness of artillery.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: September 09, 2017, 09:53:26 am »

Hence why we use lightning, which fires from the sky and is extremely deadly.

For in-house work we're stuck with the lightning rifles or our halberds. This is going to get bloody, and we'll probably end up just destroying the entire city in order to not fight hand-to-hand.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: September 09, 2017, 10:12:35 am »

If the fight drags on a divination spell will do its magic. We should revise our rifle as wrll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 09, 2017, 12:11:18 pm »

Can I get a vote box, please.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 09, 2017, 12:13:34 pm »

Quote from: Vote Box When?
Now: (0)
Then: (0)
Soon: (0)
SoonTM: (1) Madman
Never: (0)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 09, 2017, 12:18:52 pm »

Mind Sense
A modification on how the Mind Reading spell works, instead of inhabiting and hopping from mind to mind, this spell merely detects them in a nearby area. With a bit of practice a user can recognise familiar individuals, as well as the difference between a magical and mundane mind. This should allow a user to sense concealed enemies.

Eh... I'm going to go with this one.

Quote from: Votes
Mind Sense: (1) NUKE9.13

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: September 09, 2017, 12:20:54 pm »

Mind Sense: (1) NUKE9.13
Path of the Righteous: (1) Madman
Youngling Training Exercise: (1) Madman

Lightning, all the way.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 09, 2017, 12:24:39 pm »

Mind Sense: (2) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk
Lightning Cells: (1) Kashyyk

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 09, 2017, 12:32:37 pm »

Are we voting for both at once or one at a time?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 09, 2017, 12:33:06 pm »

I was doing both at once.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 09, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »

Mind Sense: (3) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Taricus
Lightning Cells: (2) Kashyyk, Taricus

Both at the same time; saves ES from having to collect two sets of votes.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 217