Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Cave]  (Read 2974 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave]
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 08:21:32 pm »

"What do you mean by looting the be-... you want to bring the bear back with you?"
The crystal buzzes, but no more words come through, as if Rathine is speechless at the very idea of this.

You ponder the bear-knapping while exploring the last room of the cave.

It's certainly the most boring since you have arrived - simply a long, straight tunnel connecting to the center room and the entrance. You're guessing the kobolds dug this to reduce pathing lag as a quick way to the staircase you attempted to dig out.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:30:57 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 09:39:48 pm »

Nabid begins rubbing his hands together. Like most dwarves, his ideas are reasonable and sound.

See if I can craft a cage out of the northmost room's construction materials.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 10:33:05 am »

Nabid begins rubbing his hands together. Like most dwarves, his ideas are reasonable and sound.

See if I can craft a cage out of the northmost room's construction materials.
You quietly sneak back by the sleeping bear up into the room with the rubble. You search it for enough materials to construct a cage.
[6] You think you might be able to build a cage out of the wood and rope that are strewn across the room.

Your crystal buzzes,
"You..... you're serious, aren't you? Why? Convince me that its worth my time to bring that bear back I'll help you do it, just.... why?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:25:01 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 02:47:00 pm »

Nabid scratches his head, as though the question hadn't occurred to him before.

"It's a bear. Who wouldn't want a bear?"

Lash together a cage to hold the bear!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »

You gather some of the rubble, and try to lash together a cage.
[5] You lashed the materials together in the right way, you think, which is why its so disappointing when the 'cage' falls apart under its own weight.

"Why do I get the feeling you aren't going to leave here without the bear?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 10:17:32 pm »

Nabid scratches his head. That should have worked! Much like all of his plans.

"Why would I leave without the bear?" he asks in genuine puzzlement.

Use some of the stone to construct a workshop- that's totally how it works. Then use the workshop- a pile of stones most certainly is a workshop- to construct the cage!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 10:32:12 pm »

You attempt to assemble a masonry workshop.
[5] Again, you were pretty sure that was how you built a workshop. But it kind of just looks like a strange pile of rocks to you.

Nevertheless, you attempt to assemble a cage using your newly built 'workshop'.
[2] Huh. That's strange, you can't seem to queue the work order. Maybe your masonry labour isn't turned on?

"I.... I just.... okay. Fine. Have it your way,"
The crystal's shade changes colour; its usual purple hue now a brilliant red
"Just.... just grab a hold of the bear and smash the crystal. I'll handle this back at the citadel."
The crystal's buzzing fades away with an exasperated sigh.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »

"That sounds much easier!" He knew there was a reason he kept a tyrannical overseer around, they were good at handling the logistics like that.

Make sure I've got my bone sacks, load up on as many kobold corpses as I can carry, then grab the bear and smash the crystal!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »

You make sure the bone bags are securely fashioned to your back, and go to grab as many kobold corpse as you can.
[1] Which turns out to be absolutely none. Its very difficult to carry soggy bags of meat, seems.

Sighing from your lack of corpses, you trudge over to the bear and take a firm hold of its fur, before smashing the crystal. Your head begins to spin, and you awake high above the citadel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]