Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 32980 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 12:13:17 am »

Perhaps my flaw is indecisiveness, but here are my picks:

Spoiler: Aulus Marcius (click to show/hide)

Always gotta have a smoothtalking conman. And nice to see someone not interested in combat! An oft-unexploited path

Spoiler: Eats-The-Bugs (click to show/hide)
How could I not pick this one? I expect great things.

I see we're going "PC eccentric" so far. I have no intention of changing that.

Spoiler: Bobs-In-Well (click to show/hide)

Also sounds like a lot of fun

I see we're going "PC eccentric" so far. I have no intention of changing that.

(I'll play straight man then.)

Spoiler: Constantine Mentorus (click to show/hide)

While I might have thought to swap him for someone more "interesting," the straightman is an important part of any cast, though it remains to be seen whether or not people decide to journey together.

Still need to work on the description, but I'm quite interested in this game.

Spoiler: Taahni (click to show/hide)

Edit: Stupid Archive Binge...

Always gotta have a rogue type, and I like her backstory, too.

Spoiler: Tyrian Estel (click to show/hide)

10 skills and stuff noted!

Horrible grammar aside, will try to edit later when in a better state of mind.

At first I thought her rather similar to Taahni, but then I had an idea...

Also, I can see you've put a lot of work into this!

And now I shall write the post to begin the game...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:26:21 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:18 am »

16th Last Seed, 3e 427 - 10 AM

You're finally out the door after all that questioning and paperwork, and now find yourself among the dozen other fresh deportees, all milling about in the street as they wonder where to go next, all still wearing only the cheap prison clothes. The officials gave you a small package and some instructions, but technically speaking there's nothing urgent about it. They also gave you 80 septims to get you started, though perhaps while no one was looking, you helped yourself to some self-startering...

[Choose 1 piece of loot from the offices, if so desired]

You smell the sea on the morning air, though also the damp musk of the nearby bayou. The small town looks like fairly standard Imperial faire, like any run-down village in Cyrodil, perhaps a bit further on the poor side. There's been some effort to cobble the streets here on the waterfront, but for the most part the ground is bare and muddy. From off on the edge of town you hear some kind of animal's call, a smooth yet piercing cry, which sounds not unpleasant. There's a bosmeri man asking each of your former boatmates in turn about a ring or something.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 01:51:49 am »

[Choose 1 piece of loot from the offices, if so desired]

Eats-The-Bugs chooses the Limeware Platter on the middle of the shelf located the right-hand corner of the first room of the census office.

Eats-The-Bugs Will patiently listen to the Bosmeri man ask about his ring.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 03:31:01 am »

Aulus Marcius stole the key to the Census and Excise Warehouse from that shelf behind the fellow who gives us our wonderful delivery mission, probably while the others were causing trouble (and if by some miracle they weren't, he probably asked the legionnaire to show him something from the top shelf and filched it while he wasn't looking).

"That doesn't sound like something I've seen," Marcius would reply to the wood elf, "but thank you kindly on warning me on the local guard menace, I'll certainly keep my things squirreled away in case I meet one!"

(side note: this is probably the best idea for an RTD that I've ever seen)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:52:08 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 03:49:46 am »

Bobs-In-Well was no thief, and so did not stuff anything into his tunic the instant the guards glanced away. Granted, he didn't say anything while the people standing next to him did exactly that, but he was no snitch either.

He was literate, however, and so immediately began reading his mail in the middle of the road, nodding along as a bosmer accosted him about jewelry. He liked jewelry.

Read directions, listen to elf.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:57 am »

Taahni would not dare steal from the Imperial offices, surely they needed those things for their work. The barrel just outside the captain's office, however, must have been for unused items, else why would it be outside?

Taahni took the most expensive item in said barrel.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:37 am »

((GAAHHH the edit didn't pass x.x I have a duplicate skill--Hugo, can you edit your GM sheet on my character ._. I fixed it up...))

Tyrian somehow had one of those strange feelings: these feelings happened out of nowhere and they were not enough of 'reasonable feelings' to be discussed in polite (or any) conversation, so she usually kept it to herself. Currently, those feelings involved other belongings just as she admired the style of how this one guard's helmet was constructed and indirectly saw his eyes turn away from her.

She shuddered, and in the same second placed all the responsibility to the cold and drab weather. More random thoughts hit: there was the wish of having a nice scaly coat or something natural like her companions. But she wasn't going to act on any of that.

Coincidentally, there was someone talking nearby! This was a good opportunity to help herself out.

Imbibe the information.

If it's possible to do a free action after hearing the person's dialogue--'check this person's inventory' by counter-pickpocketing, if they have the ring and just 'forgot' it on their person.

Do not accidentally let any nearby item fall into my inventory thanks to either my curiosity or clumsiness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:54 am »

Constantine would, of course, not steal anything. That would be immoral. Others may have done so while he listened attentively to his instructions, but he didn't see anything.

Listen to that Bosmer, and try to help him find his ring.

(This is making me want to play Morrowind again.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:39 am »

((Fill in the remaining posts while waiting with Morrowind stories please :D I have 0 experience with most of the game series other than Daggerfall [which is free...but has darned spiders] and a brief play on my nephew's laptop of Skyrim [which is awesome...and has GIANT spiders that always make me go "AAAARGH" and then stab stab stab and then freak out as the screen closes up on it as I move around >_>] ...does Morrowind have spiders?]

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 10:58:06 am »

((Fill in the remaining posts while waiting with Morrowind stories please :D I have 0 experience with most of the game series other than Daggerfall [which is free...but has darned spiders] and a brief play on my nephew's laptop of Skyrim [which is awesome...and has GIANT spiders that always make me go "AAAARGH" and then stab stab stab and then freak out as the screen closes up on it as I move around >_>] ...does Morrowind have spiders?]

(It doesn't have any spiders IIRC, unless you count golems shaped like spiders, or mudcrabs.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:51 am »

((Spiders? HA! Morrowind's only spiders are mechanical monstrosities that shoot deadly poison clouds- Shalks, Nix Hounds, and Kwama are the reigning arthropods.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 11:00:25 am »

(It doesn't have any spiders IIRC, unless you count golems shaped like spiders, or mudcrabs.)
((i should buy this game.
It's like Oblivion but no spiders.
Thank you. ♥
PPE: THank you BOTH.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 11:00:44 am »

...does Morrowind have spiders?

((None whatsoever! Well, unless you count the Dwemer mechanical ones but they're not terribly freaky (although more so than their equivalents in Skyrim due to Morrowind doing Dwemer aesthetics way better). Lots of other arthropod-esque creatures and also silt striders, but they're large and cute and would never hurt anyone.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 01:24:58 pm »

Eats-The-Bugs chooses the Limeware Platter on the middle of the shelf located the right-hand corner of the first room of the census office.

Eats-The-Bugs Will patiently listen to the Bosmeri man ask about his ring.

(I once saw a discussion video on something Morrowind related, with a playthrough going on in the background. The comments were filled with surprise and indignation that the limeware platter wasn't taken)

"It's about yeah-big, made of greenish stone, you seen it? No? Oh well, thanks anyways... Watch out for the guards around here, they can be mean if they think you're a pushover..."

Aulus Marcius stole the key to the Census and Excise Warehouse from that shelf behind the fellow who gives us our wonderful delivery mission, probably while the others were causing trouble (and if by some miracle they weren't, he probably asked the legionnaire to show him something from the top shelf and filched it while he wasn't looking).

"That doesn't sound like something I've seen," Marcius would reply to the wood elf, "but thank you kindly on warning me on the local guard menace, I'll certainly keep my things squirreled away in case I meet one!"

(side note: this is probably the best idea for an RTD that I've ever seen)

( :D I'd actually encourage others to reuse the premise, so that the people I couldn't fit in can play.)

"Oh... well, thanks anyways. And you're welcome!"

Bobs-In-Well was no thief, and so did not stuff anything into his tunic the instant the guards glanced away. Granted, he didn't say anything while the people standing next to him did exactly that, but he was no snitch either.

He was literate, however, and so immediately began reading his mail in the middle of the road, nodding along as a bosmer accosted him about jewelry. He liked jewelry.

Read directions, listen to elf.

The paper they handed you reads as follows:

Taahni would not dare steal from the Imperial offices, surely they needed those things for their work. The barrel just outside the captain's office, however, must have been for unused items, else why would it be outside?

Taahni took the most expensive item in said barrel.
There was a shiny ring made of greenish stone inside, which looked much more expensive than the wooden cups and utensils. Naturally you pocketed it. Someone may be looking for it, and who knows, maybe it's magic? Or wort a few coins at least. Looks like it's got some kind of Bosmeri inscription on it.

((GAAHHH the edit didn't pass x.x I have a duplicate skill--Hugo, can you edit your GM sheet on my character ._. I fixed it up...))

Tyrian somehow had one of those strange feelings: these feelings happened out of nowhere and they were not enough of 'reasonable feelings' to be discussed in polite (or any) conversation, so she usually kept it to herself. Currently, those feelings involved other belongings just as she admired the style of how this one guard's helmet was constructed and indirectly saw his eyes turn away from her.

She shuddered, and in the same second placed all the responsibility to the cold and drab weather. More random thoughts hit: there was the wish of having a nice scaly coat or something natural like her companions. But she wasn't going to act on any of that.

Coincidentally, there was someone talking nearby! This was a good opportunity to help herself out.

Imbibe the information.

If it's possible to do a free action after hearing the person's dialogue--'check this person's inventory' by counter-pickpocketing, if they have the ring and just 'forgot' it on their person.

Do not accidentally let any nearby item fall into my inventory thanks to either my curiosity or clumsiness.

(I'll edit my post, don't worry)

[6] With the eye and light-touch of the pickpocket, you try to assess what the man has on him. You go for the tried and tested "oops!" method, pretending to bump into him and taking the opportunity to deftly brush over his pockets: he's got an empty jug and an unlit torch on the back of his belt, and a few coins in his pockets, but no jewelry. Oh well.

He holds out his hands apologetically after the collision. "Sorry! I didn't see you..." he looks rather surprised when he seems to process your appearance. "...there. Hey! You're Bosmeri, too! Um, you... come around here... often?"

Constantine would, of course, not steal anything. That would be immoral. Others may have done so while he listened attentively to his instructions, but he didn't see anything.

Listen to that Bosmer, and try to help him find his ring.

"Oh! Um, if you're willing to help... Well, they won't let me back in the office unless its to 'pay what I owe,' but maybe they're keeping it in there? Or, um, do you think the guards might listen to you? You have this... look... and maybe you could ask one of them if they have it?"

(But there may be some things belonging to a certain tribe unmourned that might make your skin crawl)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 01:58:24 pm »

Taahni, having overheard the Bosmer talking, walks over and begins conversation of her own.

"Perhaps Taahni has seen your ring. Could you describe it?"

Converse.

-Assuming description matches-

"Taahni did find your ring. You may have it."

Return the Breton's ring
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:22:53 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18