Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 33416 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:56 pm »

Politely wait a moment for Taahni to finish speaking before I go in and look for the elf's ring.

If she happens to give it to him, thank Taahni and go to hear out Marcius's business proposal.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:22:13 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:02 pm »

Aulus Marcius grins as he spies a good-looking sign in the distance. All too easy to picture his own name on it. He turns to the others, clapping his hands together.

"Why, I do believe I spy the center of the local nightlife over yonder," he says and squints to make out the words. "Arrille's Tradehouse, is it? What say you ladies and gents that we walk on over to take a look? I may have a business proposition for you all!"

Read the missive I was given as I sashay over to the fourth-largest building in town, wonderful and homely Arrille's Tradehouse to make my arrival known and take in the local color. Introduce myself cordially to everyone within as Caius Polonius. Acquire rumors and information about the local area!

Actually, before I do that, do make sure to buy a decent set of clothes and some sensible traveling boots. Oh, and a nice long sword that I could adequately threaten and possibly even stab people with. Engage maximum haggling.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:40:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:37 pm »

Bobs-In-Well nodded to himself. Yes, Balmora. What was a Balmora?

Follow the nice charlatan to Arrille's tradehouse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »

Eetz shrugged at the elf. It didn't seem like an interesting problem to work on. At all. Besides, he had a plate! Eetz loved plates, they were flat and often bore many good things, and they came in such variety... Gold plates heaping with jewels, tin plates heaping with juicy bugs, wooden plates heaping with gruel...

Eetz' eyes momentarily unfocused as he though about plates. When he came back to reality he was still standing awkwardly in front of the bosmer. "Oh. Ring. Yes, Ring! I hear of ring. Little stories. Small words. Guard with running horses on his armor, I think he has ring. I think he has special woman. He wants to put the woman's finger through the ring, so he can put his thing through the woman's ring. This is how humans are, no?" Eetz smiled, baring his teeth extra far in order to be friendly. "You'll find another ring. Or I suppose you can chop of the woman's finger while she sleeeps. Either. I must leave now. Goodbye elf!"

Eetz checked to see if he had any other money on him, and, if he did, he'd set that aside to buy a sabre at Arrille's trade house.

Eetz did take a moment to eye the friendly imperial. "Hello human Polonius! I am Fondles-Doorknobs, a tradeship from the desert of Elsweyr, and I know much about the region. I'll tell you anything you want, for a price!""

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:14:30 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 11:35:19 pm »

Eats-The-Bugs chooses the Limeware Platter on the middle of the shelf located the right-hand corner of the first room of the census office.

Eats-The-Bugs Will patiently listen to the Bosmeri man ask about his ring.

(I once saw a discussion video on something Morrowind related, with a playthrough going on in the background. The comments were filled with surprise and indignation that the limeware platter wasn't taken)
((Oh my goodness this is seriously real?!
Man am I left out then :I I don't know what's referred to in a game context! I can only do out of context ideas D:))

(But there may be some things belonging to a certain tribe unmourned that might make your skin crawl)
((As long as it's not spiders. Skyrim spiders. I went all STABSTAB ATTACK ATTACK without any regard despite playing on the hardest difficulty because I'm silly like that, like all the games I play in [hello Crysis/2 :V AT LEAST NO SPIDERS]))

"This was your chance for more money!" The voices said.
"You could've been caught! How could you!" Her voices said.
"Glad he's not forgetful." She thought to herself.
All before noticing that she might've done something more aligned to why she was convicted. Despite being fully innocent- but this was all musing. Tyri listened and merely replied a tactful "I'm new here, it's nice to meet you!" as she pondered how badly her action could imply malice, before listening more to the other Bosmer.

Sense around for certain words to help out. Coax info out on why there's this issue. Like this ring issue! [speechcraft test?]
Was it possible to get some of his coins--at least half of what I sensed out retroactively? Inquire what he owes!

Tyri then felt a certain paper to her package that she never noticed before.

Read the paper!

Also Hugo Luman I edited my sheet (Shifted out Restoration, replaced in Illusion; added Armorer to the duplicate 'Athletics', and moved hand to hand into the last major slot)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 02:29:58 am »

(Playing with post order a bit to make more sense)

Aulus Marcius grins as he spies a good-looking sign in the distance. All too easy to picture his own name on it. He turns to the others, clapping his hands together.

"Why, I do believe I spy the center of the local nightlife over yonder," he says and squints to make out the words. "Arrille's Tradehouse, is it? What say you ladies and gents that we walk on over to take a look? I may have a business proposition for you all!"

Read the missive I was given as I sashay over to the fourth-largest building in town, wonderful and homely Arrille's Tradehouse to make my arrival known and take in the local color. Introduce myself cordially to everyone within as Caius Polonius. Acquire rumors and information about the local area!

Actually, before I do that, do make sure to buy a decent set of clothes and some sensible traveling boots. Oh, and a nice long sword that I could adequately threaten and possibly even stab people with. Engage maximum haggling.

Bobs-In-Well nodded to himself. Yes, Balmora. What was a Balmora?

Follow the nice charlatan to Arrille's tradehouse.
Eetz shrugged at the elf. It didn't seem like an interesting problem to work on. At all. Besides, he had a plate! Eetz loved plates, they were flat and often bore many good things, and they came in such variety... Gold plates heaping with jewels, tin plates heaping with juicy bugs, wooden plates heaping with gruel...

Eetz' eyes momentarily unfocused as he though about plates. When he came back to reality he was still standing awkwardly in front of the bosmer. "Oh. Ring. Yes, Ring! I hear of ring. Little stories. Small words. Guard with running horses on his armor, I think he has ring. I think he has special woman. He wants to put the woman's finger through the ring, so he can put his thing through the woman's ring. This is how humans are, no?" Eetz smiled, baring his teeth extra far in order to be friendly. "You'll find another ring. Or I suppose you can chop of the woman's finger while she sleeeps. Either. I must leave now. Goodbye elf!"

Eetz checked to see if he had any other money on him, and, if he did, he'd set that aside to buy a sabre at Arrille's trade house.

Eetz did take a moment to eye the friendly imperial. "Hello human Polonius! I am Fondles-Doorknobs, a tradeship from the desert of Elsweyr, and I know much about the region. I'll tell you anything you want, for a price!""

One of your erstwhile shipmates, a Dunmer named Jiub, acquiesces. "Sounds like as good a start as any." The two Argonians also follow you.

The eponymous Arrille of the tradehouse seems to be a suave Altmer, who seems used to serving both small-town patrons and enterprising travelers in the area.
[3] Unfortunately, Arrille has no boots at the moment aside from rather uncomfortable looking armor. Some of it's rather strange, like it's made of pallid crabshells. He informs you that it's a Dunmeri thing, making armor and weapons from the carapaces of giant insects that live on this island territory. His weapons are all cheap iron, but that's within your current budget at least. And he does have one set of nicer clothes for you.
[3] It seems like this is a podunk little stopover-port, and there likely won't be much talk until later hours when some fishermen or sailors perhaps take a visit (and most of the regulars are at work at this hour in the morning), but you do hear a few things. Seems there's someone by the name of Hrisskar looking for help with "winning a wager." The offices you just left sometimes have odd jobs that need doing, too.

[4] Oh hey, an extra 15 gils! Eetz figures those guards at the imperial prison must have forgotten to check behind his ears, which is understandable, seeing as he doesn't have any. This brings his total to 95, easily enough for an iron saber.

Taahni, having overheard the Bosmer talking, walks over and begins conversation of her own.

"Perhaps Taahni has seen your ring. Could you describe it?"

Converse.

-Assuming description matches-

"Taahni did find your ring. You may have it."

Return the Breton's Bosmer's ring

The wood-elf's face lights up. "You found it! Amazing! Thank you, thank you! You are now among my favorite friends. I'll be sure to tell the others, especially my friend Arrille who runs the tradehouse here. Go see him, I'll put in a good word for you right now!"

"This was your chance for more money!" The voices said.
"You could've been caught! How could you!" Her voices said.
"Glad he's not forgetful." She thought to herself.
All before noticing that she might've done something more aligned to why she was convicted. Despite being fully innocent- but this was all musing. Tyri listened and merely replied a tactful "I'm new here, it's nice to meet you!" as she pondered how badly her action could imply malice, before listening more to the other Bosmer.

Sense around for certain words to help out. Coax info out on why there's this issue. Like this ring issue! [speechcraft test?]
Was it possible to get some of his coins--at least half of what I sensed out retroactively? Inquire what he owes!

Tyri then felt a certain paper to her package that she never noticed before.

Read the paper!

Also Hugo Luman I edited my sheet (Shifted out Restoration, replaced in Illusion; added Armorer to the duplicate 'Athletics', and moved hand to hand into the last major slot)
(I'll get it, don't worry)

You take a look at the letter while the others converse with the elf man.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[6] He scratches his neck, turning back to talk to you again. "So, hey, um... you want to come with? Me, to the tradehouse, that is? I could, um, buy you something... Since you're new in town and all, and us Bosmer gotta stick together, right? My name is Fargoth, by the way."

Well, that'd be one way to acquire his coin, so to speak.

Politely wait a moment for Taahni to finish speaking before I go in and look for the elf's ring.

If she happens to give it to him, thank Taahni and go to hear out Marcius's business proposal.

Well, it seems that everything worked out there. You reach the public house in time to overhear some of the talk about rumors. [5] Sounds like the best source of info at this time of day would be the people out about town, doing their daily business.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:43:27 am »

Check Arrille's prices on cheap iron armor, mortal and pestle, and soul gems.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 03:46:15 am »

Purchase an iron sword and a set of nice clothes (expensive pants, expensive shirt, expensive shoes). The total ought to run me somewhere in the neighborhood of... well, let's say 45-50 septims at best (or so I would insist with my Mercantile and like 85 Personality).

Investigate this Hrisskar as well, see what kind of intriguing business he might have for me!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:45:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 07:27:09 am »

((Yay, my initial plan of 'pickpocket some of his money, ask what he owes, and pay that alongside a bit of my own money' sounded a lot worse in contrast--NPC drinking buddy, go!
...They have non-alcoholic drinks right? I always play my characters similar to my experience: 0 experience with alcohol and most likely lightweight. :P

...Also I'm ok with traveling with anyone ._. I have no knowledge of Morrowind though--so I guess given the circumstances I'll be going alone!))

[Wow Draig. You got money just for! :P]

Feeling quite happy at the surprise offer, and the kindness she hoped her intuition was right on, Tyri agreed wholeheartedly. She was happy with the honesty.

"Yeah! Nice to meet you Fargoth; I'm...it's been a long time since I've seen other Bosmer anyway, and I'm not that social in knowing who to stick with--I just serve and help whomever needs it. Worked as a hunter and healer all before this," she said, before giving her name in return. "How did you get to know this place?"

Walk with Fargoth! Get to know him! Ask about nearby paths or some passing caravans I could travel with after mentioning I'm headed somewhere.

[assuming I can check the tradehouse for goods--check for bow/arrows, light armor, and...err, accessories? Check the whole thing for everyone to see the general list of stuff anyway!]

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 08:24:27 am »

((Ugh I keep getting Bosmer and Breton mixed up.))

"Taahni would be very grateful for a recommendation. Perhaps I could walk to the tradehouse with Fargoth and, Tyrian, was it not?"

Go to the tradehouse with Fargoth and Tyrian. Purchase a chitin short bow and a dozen arrows, look at the rest of the goods(i.e. what else is there that isn't on the list you gave us.) and walk over to the corner and read the letter.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:19:29 pm by Rautherdir »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:40 am »

Purchase a sword and shield from the tradehouse, and then read my letter.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:38 am »

[For those who are going to the tradehouse right now, it'd be best if you'd have an action to do once you're there, to avoid potential pacing problems]
[Also, feel free to RP conversations with each other between turns]

(Here's the ingame list of Arrille's wares. I didn't include it initially because I've also included some other, minor things.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:23:16 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 11:09:15 am »

Purchase the Sabre and the Imperial Chain armor, if there's money enough for that. Nordic Ringmail if there isn't. Inquire as to a price for the limeware platter.

[assuming I can check the tradehouse for goods--check for bow/arrows, light armor, and...err, accessories? Check the whole thing for everyone to see the general list of stuff anyway!]

((Tir, I feel rather sorry for your disadvantage here. I'm pretty sure several of us could do Arrille's stock from memory alone.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 05:51:57 pm »

((Tir, I feel rather sorry for your disadvantage here. I'm pretty sure several of us could do Arrille's stock from memory alone.))
((That's how good the game is? x3 Oh my. Well :I HMMMPFFFFF. Although I can freely RP anything D: I think!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »

((That's how good the game is? x3 Oh my. Well :I HMMMPFFFFF. Although I can freely RP anything D: I think!))

((If you could stomach Daggerfall then you absolutely must play Morrowind, it's the best of the entire series.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18