Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 33455 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 06:16:40 pm »

I also recommend getting Morrowind.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »

((That's how good the game is? x3 Oh my. Well :I HMMMPFFFFF. Although I can freely RP anything D: I think!))

((If you could stomach Daggerfall then you absolutely must play Morrowind, it's the best of the entire series.))
((I couldn't. Well I could traverse a multi level crazy labyrinth and beat all the monsters (with hilarious dead ends in water z-levels deep), BUT THE SPIDERS MADE ME COULDN'T, and yes I shall add that to my steam wishlist, because FINALLY A GAME THAT DOESN'T SPIDERS.))

I also recommend getting Morrowind.
((Thank you! :)) ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:08 pm »

((Do we know any starting spells?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:12 pm »

((Can we RP spells? :P Like the freedom to cast a silly illusion or anything, or manipulate our shadow, or otherwise probably PM you for spell ideas? Also how do spells work in your game?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 11:36:49 pm »

(Lemme check your sheets )
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 01:04:46 am »

(Here are the starting spells for sufficient skills in the schools of magic. For here, let's say if a school is one of your major skills:)

Alteration - Shield -and- Water Walking
Conjuration - Bound Dagger
Destruction - Firebite
Illusion - Sanctuary -and- Chameleon
Mysticism - Detect Creature
Restoration - Heart Heal

(I'll PM explanations to Tir.)

((Can we RP spells? :P Like the freedom to cast a silly illusion or anything, or manipulate our shadow, or otherwise probably PM you for spell ideas? Also how do spells work in your game?))
(Probably, PM sounds like a good idea.)

(Seems we have 6 actions, though I'd prefer those who are not yet at the Tradehouse to also have an action for when they get there!)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 11:11:53 am »

((I question the wisdom of delaying a turn for the purposes of pacing.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:20 am »

(If the people heading to the tradehouse were only heading to the tradehouse this turn, then the rest would be ahead of them, and the gap might increase from there, a problem which has given me headaches before. That being said, all the posts seem to have been edited now. I'll write up the turn presently)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 03:22:56 pm »

Check Arrille's prices on cheap iron armor, mortal and pestle, and soul gems.
[5] Arrille wants 300 drakes for a full set of iron armor, but you could fit the pauldrons and boots into your budget of 80 drakes. However, for the full 80 drakes you could also get a basic mortar and pestle. He says its full price is 100 but he's willing to mark down, given that alchemy as a basic source of income might make you a repeat customer. He's got a couple of petty soul gems that a traveler brought in the other day and would be willing to part with for 25 septims.

Purchase an iron sword and a set of nice clothes (expensive pants, expensive shirt, expensive shoes). The total ought to run me somewhere in the neighborhood of... well, let's say 45-50 septims at best (or so I would insist with my Mercantile and like 85 Personality).

Investigate this Hrisskar as well, see what kind of intriguing business he might have for me!

[6] The clothes you talk him down to 30 for the whole set, but the full price on the longsword is 60. However, you seem to hit it off rather well with Arrille, and manage to get your total down to 50. With a caveat. "I like your style, Polonius. You're a born salesman if I ever saw one. So, I wanna help you out, if you'll help me out. I know a boatload of new people just arrived. And there's always travelers and people making a living gathering out in the swamp. So, If you'll agree to send someone new my way, the sword is yours for 20 septims. Plus, next time you stop by, I'll have a little extra incentive for everyone you send my way." He gives you your clothes, and a minute to think about the sword deal.

[5] Upstairs, you find a nord hanging at the bar, a lowly Legionaire judging by his gear, and a definite Hrisskar if ever you saw one. He looks happy to meet you, says you look like someone looking to make some gold. When you tell him you hear he's looking for some help with business, he leans in close so no one overhears.

"That's right. See, I had a bad run of luck playing Nine-holes, and lost a bit of money. Normally, I'd be fine. We can usually keep some gold in our pockets just from the money the locals pay us for...protection. But I know some of them are holding out on me, especially that little fetcher Fargoth. He's come up light the past couple of weeks when I've shaken him down. I know he's stashing it somewhere. I'd like you to find Fargoth's hiding place. I know the little fetcher's got one somewhere in town. Just not sure where yet. I've already gone through his whole house, so I know he's not hiding it there. I'd like you find out where he's stashing his gold. If you can, I'll give you a share of the wealth. Are you up for it?"

((Yay, my initial plan of 'pickpocket some of his money, ask what he owes, and pay that alongside a bit of my own money' sounded a lot worse in contrast--NPC drinking buddy, go!
...They have non-alcoholic drinks right? I always play my characters similar to my experience: 0 experience with alcohol and most likely lightweight. :P

...Also I'm ok with traveling with anyone ._. I have no knowledge of Morrowind though--so I guess given the circumstances I'll be going alone!))

[Wow Draig. You got money just for! :P]

Feeling quite happy at the surprise offer, and the kindness she hoped her intuition was right on, Tyri agreed wholeheartedly. She was happy with the honesty.

"Yeah! Nice to meet you Fargoth; I'm...it's been a long time since I've seen other Bosmer anyway, and I'm not that social in knowing who to stick with--I just serve and help whomever needs it. Worked as a hunter and healer all before this," she said, before giving her name in return. "How did you get to know this place?"

Walk with Fargoth! Get to know him! Ask about nearby paths or some passing caravans I could travel with after mentioning I'm headed somewhere.

[assuming I can check the tradehouse for goods--check for bow/arrows, light armor, and...err, accessories? Check the whole thing for everyone to see the general list of stuff anyway!]
"Oh, y'know. East Empire Company was paying people to move here back in the day. I've been here for about 13 years, since this island first got opened up. I haven't seen any other Bosmer in all that time. And recently the guards have been a real pain. But I make do." You reach the tradehouse, and upon opening the door you spy a well-dressed Altmer man behind a counter. "Hello, Arrille! These two are with me. The good Ms. Taahni found my ring for me! At last! And look at Tyrian here!" He winks at Arrille. "Can we get some drinks to celebrate the arrival of these fine people?"

"Sure thing. What would you like?"

Arrille has some pricey Imperial beverages, the ever-popular Cyrodillic Brandy and the whiskey known as Flin, though he's willing to open those up for the special occasion. There's also the cheaper Dunmeri beverages: Greef, a fairly potent distilled spirits; Mazte, a beerish drink brewed from the local staple-grain, saltrice; Shein, a wine made from the native comberry; and Sujamma, another hard liquour. "Of course, and forgive me if I'm being presumptuous," says Arrille, "but if you're of a traditional Bosmeri leaning, I have some scrib jelly."

Fargoth and Arrille tell you about shipping routes to the city of Ebonheart in the East, and to the coastal fishing villages curving around the island to the North, particularly Gnaar Mok and Hla Oad. There's also the inland Silt Strider routes, which from here usually carry goods to and from the cities of Balmora, Suran, and Vivec. There's also some smaller outfits that run pack-guar caravans over the roads, though in general Seyda Neen sees the most custom from the boats, particularly local fishermen. For more details you'd be best off asking at the docks or the strider port.

[3] Arrille has nearly an entire set of some strange Dunmeri armor (minus a helmet), which he tells you is made from the chitin of native wildlife. A lot of big arthropods live on Vvardenfell. For such a good friend of Fargoth's, he could sell you the whole thing for 80 septims, though if you swapped out the torso pieces for the cheaper leather or nordic fur armor, he could also sell you a chitin shortbow and a few arrows. Arrille doesn't seem to have much in the way of lightly armored headgear, but he does have some charming traveling hates made of woven reeds, for keeping off the sun and rain. He cautions you that chitin armor breaks down quickly, and so you may want to speak to a local hunter or scout about how to maintain it. If you buy it, that is.

((Ugh I keep getting Bosmer and Breton mixed up.))

"Taahni would be very grateful for a recommendation. Perhaps I could walk to the tradehouse with Fargoth and, Tyrian, was it not?"

Go to the tradehouse with Fargoth and Tyrian. Purchase a chitin short bow and a dozen arrows, look at the rest of the goods(i.e. what else is there that isn't on the list you gave us.) and walk over to the corner and read the letter.

"Sure thing, friend! In fact, I insist!" You walk over to the Tradehouse with them, where the Altmer proprietor offers you a drink on the house. Arrille happily lets go of the bow and a dozen arrows for 20 gils.

Looking at his other merchandise, he seems to have a lot of everyday things: cloth, needles (fishbone, chitin, and steel alike), thread, eating utensils, fishing supplies, traveler's rations (dried fish, meat, fruit, colovian flatbread), wet-weather gear ("You'll be glad for some of that in the swamp"), camping supplies. He also has some luxury items: all manner of smoking pipes (from one made of something called "corkbulb" to a clearly Nord-made silver one), various things to smoke in them (mostly dried plants and something you're given to understand is a beetle extract, which is quite pricey. "I'll have nothing to do with the skooma, though," he insists.) Some soda-bread (with currants) imported all the way from High Rock, cheese imported from Cyrodil. "I had some Elswyr sweetmeats a week ago, but those are long gone. If you want stuff like that, your best bet would be in Ebonheart."

After your business is concluded, you take your letter over into the corner to read it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The tradehouse door opens, and an Imperial man walks in, looking pensive. "Hello, Vodunius," says Arrille. Fargoth waves, too. "Here for lunch?"

"Nah, just for a drink," he replies, and heads upstairs.

Purchase a sword and shield from the tradehouse, and then read my letter.

You join the two Bosmer and the Khajiit heading towards the tradehouse, and while the Altmer publican deals with them, you read your letter:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[6] Arrille says you look like a real straightforward man, and offers you a sturdy iron longsword for 65 drakes. You also spy an Imperial Legion shield, which would probably be outside your price range, even as beat-up as it looks, but Arrille offers to throw it in for your remaining 15 gold. Apparently someone pulled it out of the swamp a few days ago and brought it here. Given all that, and some odd graffiti carved onto a wooden slats in the back, everyone Arrille's shown it to so far has thought it too creepy to buy.

Purchase the Sabre and the Imperial Chain armor, if there's money enough for that. Nordic Ringmail if there isn't. Inquire as to a price for the limeware platter.

[2] Arrille won't sell you the ringmail for under 90, or the Imperial hauberk for under 100. However you could get the coif and the saber for 60.
[2] "That's a handsome limeware platter there. No chips or scratches. I'd be willing to give you, say, 500 for a piece like that."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 03:36:57 pm »

((Ha, ha. The beast races can't use helms, so a coif does me as much good as a strong sneeze))

"I could get more selling this to a scamp in Caldera! Daylight robbery!" Eetz objected happily, giving the limeware platter a kiss before handing it to the Altmer and extending his hand for the promised money.

Check to see if he has lockpicks. If he does, buy a couple. Go upstairs, sneak into his room, and check under his bed and pillow for goodies.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 04:01:07 pm »

((Closed helmets. They can't wear closed helmets. In in-game terms, they can wear it if it takes the "hair" slot but not the "head" slot. Coif is fine.))
((Also, are you getting the saber?))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 04:03:01 pm »

((Closed helmets. They can't wear closed helmets. In in-game terms, they can wear it if it takes the "hair" slot but not the "head" slot. Coif is fine.))
((Also, are you getting the saber?))

((Yes, Sorry. Sabre is best low-level long blade))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »

Constantine purchases the items at their stated prices. He seems to look wistfully at the damaged Legion shield for a long moment after taking it.

"Pleasure doing business with you, sir. Would you mind directing me to "Balmora"?

If he tells me where it is, step out and begin walking the path to Balmora. A brisk outdoor walk will do me good after prison.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:38:22 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

Marcius doesn't even need to think about this very hard. 20 septims for a promise? That's a sale if ever he's known one.

Get the sword and the clothes all together for 50 septims, I'm about ready to take to the road!

But first, check around town to see if any other opportunities spring up. Listen to local rumors. Hit people up for some Morrowind lore. Perhaps even find out a little secret!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:05:49 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:56 pm »

"Ooh, I'll take it! Thank you, thank you!"

Purchase mortar and pestle. Begin searching for alchemical ingredients, starting at the edges of town and working my way further into the totally-not-dangerous swamp.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18