Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 33471 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »

(Things are really ramping up IRL. Midterms, unexpected kitten adoption. I'd really like to wrap up day 1 now, so HBM I'd like you to post a sequence of actions.)
((Hugo's Morrowind Midterms; In Which Everyone Takes A Turn To Snuggle :P))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2017, 12:27:29 pm »

"Oh, right. Bit of a problem there, I'm afraid. Your friends ran into a bit of trouble out there, as it happens, and I'm pretty sure at least one of them got captured. Which means we've got to start moving all of this stuff you have here or else things will go real bad for the three of us in no time at all."

Convince this guard that we need to move out their goods quickly to avoid confiscation and incrimination, hopefully getting a grand tour of the things they've got stored around here and packing them up on a boat if they've got one. Try to get my hands on a key to the slave pens and bracers in the process.

[6] The gang has a respectable haul - crates of stolen Legion equipment, common jewelry, a few mid-grade potions, and plenty of sugar. Far too much to fit on that single rowboat they have stashed in the antechamber, though. Tanisie at least doesn't seem suspicious, more panicked and anxious about having to flee and loose so much loot. [1] You don't have much luck finiding the slave key. Until, that is, you hear a noise from around a corner: there it is, in the hands of a malnourished argonian, unlocking his own bracers as the other two slaves retrieve weapons from one of the crates. Two pairs of open bracers lie on the floor. "Baadargo will cook her in her own sugar, yes. That's what she gets for starving him to death..."

Tyri told everyone else what she saw, while deciding to pick the chest and check what's inside, knowing that she could lock it right back after, hoping that it wasn't magically locked!

"Is it agreed that we're bounty hunting in the morning? Everyone getting a good rest would be great. Dinner would be great too."

Unfortunately, it does seem to be magically locked. Guess the Blades don't fool around when it comes to security.

"Yes, Taahni agrees that our group should rest. Taahni thinks it may be late in the day for dinner."

Get in the hammock.
Snuggle in a hammock with two girls like a boss.

After Tyri finishes snooping around, you huddle up together like Saxhleel on a Skyrim night, though the climate here seems to be pleasant enough. After almost an hour, anyone still awake would notice Cauis emerge from the corner of the room and leave a basket of bread on the end table.

((Kitten eeeeeeee))

Then snuggle in and get some well-deserved rest! Er, getting high off punches is sort of deserving, right?

[4] You drift soundly off to sleep. A number of half-images play out in your juiced brain as you let go your grip on the waking world. The khajiit with the scrib, the old trees of home, a man in a golden mask, the storm the boat went through the night before...

Prequel released a new side story.

:o
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2017, 01:08:08 pm »

"Ahead of schedule! Brilliant!"

Marcius turns to his would-be accomplice, indicating the slaves.

"Tanisie, what do you say about that?"

Distract Tanisie by pointing to the slaves, then stab her repeatedly (to disable, optionally) while proclaiming a Leyawiin Khajiit revolutionary slogan.

"Q'zi no vano thzina ualizz!"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:16:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:37 pm »

((Blades!? Who are these people D: What is this magic!?
Nobody spoil it :I I'ma find out.))

Grumpily awaken, somberly roll over to grab a bread, lazily chomp it down, then flop back into bed.

Dream of wayward dreams, in a strange land where giants carry us on shoulder-shells and skywind bats echo their songs in haunted fells.

And basically sleep until all other protagonists' actions get resolved. :P
Probably gain bonus to regeneration for being Well-Rested?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »

(Good news! I've finished with my Ren Faire job and once more have a period of relatively little business. Expect Day 2 to begin within this week!)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2017, 02:05:42 pm »

((Oh right. Actions!))

Wake up and ask around for what happened! Somebody sure was nice stuffing me in a comfy bed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2017, 06:07:48 am »

(Good news! I've finished with my Ren Faire job and once more have a period of relatively little business. Expect Day 2 to begin within this week!)
((Have a fun time, Harry Baldman! :3))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2017, 12:42:44 pm »

"Ahead of schedule! Brilliant!"

Marcius turns to his would-be accomplice, indicating the slaves.

"Tanisie, what do you say about that?"

Distract Tanisie by pointing to the slaves, then stab her repeatedly (to disable, optionally) while proclaiming a Leyawiin Khajiit revolutionary slogan.

"Q'zi no vano thzina ualizz!"

Spoiler: Discord gab sesh (click to show/hide)

With the boat all loaded up outside the cave, you and your erstwhile crew launch from the little creek jetty. For safety you light no lamps or torches, though the night is cloudy and pitch black, but Badaargo takes the steering role with his Eye of Night. You actually pass right under a Silt Strider wading over to the overhead dock as you come out of the jetty, but your presence goes thankfully unnoticed. Seyda Neen looks to be entirely dark and quiet now, except for a few torches moving about on the docks and lights in the windows of the C&E offices. Before long you've rounded the horn with the lighthouse and are rowing merrily (though silently) Westward along the edge of the bayou. It's quiet, aside from the buzzing of the swamp and the sounds of gharials and slaughterfish occasionally surfacing. You occasionally see the puny lights of a few skiffs out night-fishing, but otherwise seem to be alone for miles. However, it's not until at least an hour away from town that anyone dares speak.

It's a long, long, long, exhausting journey. Fatigue potions and a measure of Dunmeri brew taken from the loot help keep people's strengths up as you exchange shifts rowing. The slaves are a bit cagey with their overall stories, but tell you of their time in Vvardenfell. They were crew on various ships stopping in Ebonheart around the same time, around 3 to 4 months ago, and one by one were sapped from behind on the streets and woke up together in captivity. They remember being taken from cave to cave, bound and blindfolded, until their captors managed to get ahold of those Telvanni slave bracers that hinder one's will and ability to resist. They'd been in that cave for many weeks as their captors tried and failed to find a way to get them safely to market, and had little to eat aside from slaughterfish skins and the skeevers that occasionally found their way inside the enclosure. To that end, Banalz, one of the argonians, seems to have brought a fishing rod with her from the cave, and leaves it trailing in the wake of the boat. Not the best technique, but probably the best available. Before her turn to row again, she actually catches a small fish of some kind, which she eats whole and raw. And by herself, much to the chagrin of the other two.

When Baadargo announces that you've finally reached the mouth of a big river, you take the opportunity to sleep for a bit, resting and meditating upon what you've learned. Level 2 achieved. The haul up the river is longer still, and far more silent than the swamp, but there seems to be more traffic here than on the coast, even in these wee hours. As the sun begins to rise, you find your little boat amidst rising mountains, and see the city ahead straddling the river on the valley floor.

Day 2 begins!

I'll get actions from everybody and commence the next turn

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: RISE AND SHINE FOR DAY 2
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2017, 01:39:59 pm »

Constantine wakes up and resumes hiking to Balmora.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2017, 04:32:27 pm »

"Gentlemen, and one lady, welcome to Balmora! City of opportunity! Or so I've heard. Fargoth, how are we on objects of interest?"

What have we got for loot, to be exact? How much of it could we plausibly sell?

"First of all we'll need to find decent lodgings. And then I do believe I have an appointment at the South Wall."

Land in Balmora and seek out a good spot to get situated and get our collective bearings (and also get some decent clothes for my slave friends) as well as safely store our loot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »

((I love how you discord'd with Harry Baldman :3 Hooray for good people!))

((Oh right. Actions!))

Wake up and ask around for what happened! Somebody sure was nice stuffing me in a comfy bed.
((Blades!? Who are these people D: What is this magic!?
Nobody spoil it :I I'ma find out.))

Grumpily awaken, somberly roll over to grab a bread, lazily chomp it down, then flop back into bed.

Dream of wayward dreams, in a strange land where giants carry us on shoulder-shells and skywind bats echo their songs in haunted fells.

And basically sleep until all other protagonists' actions get resolved. :P
Probably gain bonus to regeneration for being Well-Rested?

Day 2, go!
Also presumably Rau's Taahni wakes up too.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2017, 10:19:36 pm »

Wake up and look around for Caius.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2017, 03:57:18 pm »

Get up and explore my new surroundings! Ask around for how I got here and who's to thank.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »

Wake up, preen self, find something to eat. Like bread, or a bug, or bread with bugs!

If there is any feasible way to messily make pancakes in Caius' house, do that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18