Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't play - weird bug  (Read 914 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Can't play - weird bug
« on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:40 am »

I played for a while, but now when I want to load my save all I get is this. What's causing it? Is there any way to fix it? It persists after reloading a couple of times.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't play - weird bug
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

masterwork version? if Its 1.23, then its the graphics bug with the high memory load MWDF v 1.23 had.  the fix is to use LAA, should let you back in no problems.  check the bug fix repository post. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162937.0
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:24:22 pm »

It works now, thanks!

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:59:37 pm »

I had this bug and fixed it. Now I have animated  grass that I can't turn off and it makes the surface something I literally have to ignore to play, and I really hate it. I've gone through init and raws, and the only thing I've been able to do is change how fast it cycles.

Every tile alternates between being . and ¿ rapidly.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:36:35 am »

I had this bug and fixed it. Now I have animated  grass that I can't turn off and it makes the surface something I literally have to ignore to play, and I really hate it. I've gone through init and raws, and the only thing I've been able to do is change how fast it cycles.

Every tile alternates between being . and ¿ rapidly.

That's a common symptom of duped raws, make sure to install Masterwork into an empty folder, not a copy of vanilla DF.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle