Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legends Mode Export and Legends Viewer Errors  (Read 5780 times)

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Legends Mode Export and Legends Viewer Errors
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »

Heya guys, First time posting, so if I'm not asking things clearly let me know!

I'm getting errors when trying to export legends mode and legends viewer.  http://imgur.com/a/eFIPM I don't know if the DF hack errors have anything to do with the Legends Viewer errors, but they do seem linked somehow...

Here's the error details from Legends Viewer: http://pastebin.com/zfRSrav6

Anything I can do to remedy these?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Mode Export and Legends Viewer Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »

I've seen the same error before, I just made sure I shut everything else off first then retried it and it worked, or reset system and opened viewer first.  It says something else is holding the process it wants to activate.  Could be any number of things that may be running... I don't know which version of the viewer or masterwork you are using...  these could have some bearing on the discussion, or at least let us know who's files needs to be checked.  I'd need to know that before I go checking the DFHack script as their was a serious upgrade to the DFHack scripts between versions.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 04:12:28 pm »

...or reset system and opened viewer first....

Did this - only thing open on my computer from fresh boot was chrome, masterwork mainscreen, legends viewer and the snipping tool.

I got this : http://imgur.com/a/fHV1J
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:18:52 pm by Husqi »

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »

OKAY, SO

I re-installed DF completely - and only using the default settings in masterwork (only non-default thing I did was turning on aquifers) It works without a hitch - It may either be one of the mods I turned on or just some corrupted thing in my install....

otherwise I'm content to call this 'solved'!

nope - while DF Hack seems to have spit out less errors https://i.imgur.com/PGbuZPT.png I'm still getting the same thing in Legends Viewer
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:50:22 pm by Husqi »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:18:56 am »

OKay sorry, I don't have an immediate answer which version of masterwork are we discussing? 1.23? I'll take a look and see if the most up-to-date legend viewer is in there, but I couldn't tell you what is causing that error.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 01:21:15 am »

Under 'About' Masterwork identifies itself as 2.6.0.0

and I think Legends-Viewer says it's 1.18.00.176 - not really sure about that one

thanks a ton

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 04:08:24 am »

sorry... I don think the about page has been updated since a past version.  when I say which version of masterwork, I'm discussing the downloaded pack name like:

Masterwork V1.23 (43.03).7z

the actual pack you downloaded.  that's the actual version number.  I'm sorry I can't reply more often right now, I'm back and forth with RL until thursday.  I need to locate the legend viewer's download page... I think we haven't changed it since last summer, and a newer version has probably fixed that issue.   The utilities packaged with masterwork probably could use a bit of updating. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:00 am »

Masterwork V1.23 (43.03)

And it's no issue really - I'm posting around my work schedule as well xD

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:07:22 pm »

Okay the actual download version of the legend viewer is 16.02.  The number you listed is the internal code which is pulled off the web so he doesn't have to update the actual viewer, this version was the latest version of the base.  which had several tweaks that may be a fix that gets around this... The only thing I don't really care for, is that its so Internet Explorer dependent in the first place (really it is suppose to have version 9+?  I don't even know what version I have... never used it).

anyway here's the link for version 17.01 of the base:
https://github.com/Kromtec/Legends-Viewer/releases/download/v1.17.01/LegendsViewer-1.17.01.zip

if that fixes it for you, let me know... I'll replace it in the next version of Masterwork 1.24 that I am putting together... If it doesn't, then I think its something more internal into the xml file itself that is causing the error.  I have had several issues when I was trying to use it, usually they just kick out certain info and wont let me look into historical events or other fun things... The list of suggestions for what to do if it fails to load, includes, restarting dwarf fortress and rexporting the legends.  Also make sure you have exited and closed dwarf fortress prior to running the legends browser and update your Internet Explorer...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Husqi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 11:40:46 pm »

Soooooo... Good news!

Our test was a success!

Bad news:

I'M A DAMN IDIOT

Turns out I was loading the old xml files and the old xml files were broken (DUH) - new xml files with new install of legends viewer (16.02) worked without issue. And only noticed this after I had tried 17.01 (which worked without issue, might I add)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:17:01 pm »

I'm glad you figured it out.  let us know if you need anything else!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Murtagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 06:58:11 pm »

Sorry to Necro a thread, but I am having the exact same issue expect with the newest version of Masterwork with the attached utilities. Same exact error that says the legendsPlus XML is in use. Same Dfhack error when trying to export using DFhack.

When DF is closed down it asks for me to repair the XML if I say yes and then try to load that one it still says the file is in use. I downloaded a 3rd party utility which follows the process tree and the only program using that file is legends viewer itself.

Again sorry for Necro, but I love going over the history of my world before I start playing.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »

are you operating in meph's version 1.23?  the one at the very top of the forum?
If you are then you need to redownload the viewer here: https://github.com/Kromtec/Legends-Viewer/releases/download/v1.17.01/LegendsViewer-1.17.01.zip
there may even be a newer update I haven't looked at https://github.com/Kromtec/Legends-Viewer/releases

Personally I suggest upgrading to v1.28 the one in my signature below.  we already have a working version of this and fixed many things in MDF over the 1.23 version.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Murtagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 06:52:06 pm »

No I have your latest version. I read somewhere that meph's 32x32 tile set can cause problems. Any chance its that?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 07:45:01 pm »

Interesting... I just ran the legend viewer in my pack 2 days ago... no its not the meph tileset, I use that.... any other "mods" or "civs" turned on?  Anything that isn't normally on when you start?

do you have an actual error report?

oh and make sure you actually reached the end of the export... if it errors in dfhack or if it doesn't finish before you tried to upload it... it can break the legend view.

I'm betting having a certain modded in creature or civ is probably causing it though.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: [1] 2