Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legends Mode Export and Legends Viewer Errors  (Read 5782 times)

Murtagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Mode Export and Legends Viewer Errors
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 08:42:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is what I am getting when running the exportlegends info. You are also right I have alot more than the basic masterwork options turned on, almost everything but the fortress invaders.

Edit: It must have to due with my settings or a mod. I freeze when I try to embark as well I just discovered. Is there a list of which mods conflict with your updated version of MDF or do we just have to play around with it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:11:26 pm by Murtagh »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is what I am getting when running the exportlegends info. You are also right I have alot more than the basic masterwork options turned on, almost everything but the fortress invaders.

Edit: It must have to due with my settings or a mod. I freeze when I try to embark as well I just discovered. Is there a list of which mods conflict with your updated version of MDF or do we just have to play around with it?

currently I know of only minor errors... but I think that the legends exporter fails at some specific index probably out runs the limit of the index... I may be able to look at it and figure it out on my days off, which I still have 2 days of RL work.  If I had to guess you have all the random creatures on?  I don't like them at all.  most of mods and settings pages work fine usually.

Thanks for the error point... It gives me something to look at... and if I can come up with a better code , it wont just help us it will help all of DF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Murtagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 02:09:47 pm »

Taking off the random creatures got rid of the export error, but the xml still says its in use. Doing a manual dump worked. I'm gonna have to say its not MDF or the legends viewer but the exporter then. Thanks for the assist. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 08:16:08 pm »

I glanced at it, its still using an old index system.  I'll have to look up the correct code and push it in to the next update.  Can't promise that will fix all the errors but it may make it less of a problem.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal
Pages: 1 [2]