Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Daily Doodles  (Read 6926 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Daily Doodles
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:39 am »

Welp, had a shitty night yesterday, so i couldn't deliver on the possum. Today, however, i am well rested!

Spoiler: TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 11:41:48 am »

Spoiler: Pull my finger (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:21 pm »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 12:58:22 pm »

I've been drawing for the last 6 hours which may seem like a lot, but this is my first drawing with raster graphics and before that I haven't drawn almost anything both on paper and digital. I know that a lot of stuff is off like the hand holding the flag, but I'm just really happy how this came out and I confirmed that I can draw. I'm slowly getting used to both my tablet and photoshop.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((This is also my excuse not to do the 25th or 24th, whichever it was, doodle.))
Edit:
By the way it's 2 AM. and I have to pick up all the bottles of coke that were keeping me alive so long.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:06:12 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 02:19:38 pm »

Oh, right, doodle prompt. Too many things to get done in a day! :P How about...

Allergy Juggernaut of the Lemonade Stand

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 02:54:44 am »

Hmm, I think I did yesterday's too late, and I certainly didn't have time to draw anything. It's still open if anyone wants to give it a try. Meanwhile, I'll try to get today's prompt up a bit earlier!

Lich Hamster

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 01:02:25 pm »

Spoiler: Lich Hamster (click to show/hide)

Did a quick job. I suppose I should have given it just a skull. All that flesh kinda takes away from the undead thing. But man, I looked up hamster skulls after I did the initial sketch, and those things are weird! I have no idea how to draw them. Maybe I'll give it a second try... I'm very interested to see if anyone else tries this one!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »

What're you using, Sappho? I know aliased lines is a ~style~ and all, but you'd probably get much nicer results out of sketching on a tablet with anti-aliased lines because the overlaps are cleaner.

Spoiler: Angry hamster noises (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:25 pm »

Been an irritating couple of days, so I've only been able to fit in my usual. Anyways,

Spoiler: Hamster Lich (click to show/hide)

He's seen better days...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 04:33:39 pm »

What're you using, Sappho? I know aliased lines is a ~style~ and all, but you'd probably get much nicer results out of sketching on a tablet with anti-aliased lines because the overlaps are cleaner.

I've been using ArtRage Lite, the program which came with my graphics tablet. It's far from perfect, but has some nice tools and effects which I enjoy using. Not a lot of options, though. I could use Photoshop, but I get a little overwhelmed trying to find the right tool for what I'm doing. If you have any simple suggestions for how to get started, though, like exactly what tool/settings to use, I'd be very open to that.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 07:25:17 pm »

Welp, got distracted by Mass Effect Andromeda, and now my brain doesn't want to settle on anything for these. I'll still be keeping a watchful eye, however!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:30 am »

Today's prompt comes from the humorous fantasy class generator:

Samurai-Beekeeper

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2017, 04:04:13 am »

I use Krita, which is a free Photoshop-like. Not that I've ever used PS, but that's what I hear. The majority of its stuff is very quick and intuitive to grasp, with a bar of tools to use on the left (defaulting to the brush/pen), the most important brush properties at the top (size/opacity), and a very intuitive brush type selection menu on right click.

As you become more familiar with it, you can quite easily get the hang of the more advanced functionality, some of which is absurdly powerful. My favourite so far is probably how absolutely marvellously it handles layer groupings.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 04:29:45 am »

Having used both... Krita is a painting program that has some image manipulation stuff.

Photoshop is image manipulation software that has a few painting tools tacked on.

Between the two, I've found Krita is far superior to photoshop *for generating content*. Also it's completely free. So there's that.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 05:07:23 am »

Every professional artist I know of uses PS, and it looks pretty powerful to me. What version were you using? Admittedly, I haven't used it personally.

I mean, if you want to see image manip with painting tacked on, take GIMP for a spin. It hurt me to leave it for Krita, but GIMP is really bad for painting by comparison. Excellent for manip, of course.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7